Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    When not using ANY addons to WQ just click specific WQ @World map, close map, RMB the highlighted WQ and find group, if you want to start one, leave finder (back) and click start group - it will automatically fill all the description text fields.
    While using WQTracker addon you are f###ed and you need to get to place of WQ, your WQ will appear in your quest holder then you can do what was said before for standard, addonless WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Legion is trash. They did not add content, they simply gated everything, made it a grind and then heaped RNG on everything.

- - - Updated - - -

WoD was better.
    lololololol

So slightly ahead of what WoD had at this point in its lifecycle is like 6-7m subs. Thats pretty decent tbh. I dont get the doomsaying. Do you guys never get tired of shouting nonsense?

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If "slightly better" relates to the start of the expansion, let's not forget WoD started very strong, but since they don't specify, such evaluation is very vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    LOL @ King's mobile gaming revenue. Blasting Activision-Blizzard out of the water!
    King is part of Activision Blizzard though...
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    So slightly ahead of what WoD had at this point in its lifecycle is like 6-7m subs. Thats pretty decent tbh. I dont get the doomsaying. Do you guys never get tired of shouting nonsense?
    lots have unrealistic expectations for wow nowadays. its impressive that it can still retain this. imo it doesnt really matter what wow adds anymore no matter what awesome feature gets added its simply not going to pull everyone in. People have lives. Me and a college friend very rarely get to play together on the weekend because school gets in the way and we are the target demographic. Legion had a great launch and it isnt until just a few weeks that people are complaining that the Broken Shore is weak and I agree although I am not holding it to some high ass standards as Argus is coming and I wouldnt be surprised to spend two patches there

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    7.2 brought the sub numbers crashing down. Fact
    Source? Blizzard doesn't post sub numbers anymore.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    If "slightly better" relates to the start of the expansion, let's not forget WoD started very strong, but since they don't specify, such evaluation is very vague.
    This is the evaluation for the first quarter of 2017, being a quarterly earnings report and all. So Legion's performance for January through April. Basically 7.1.5 and 7.2.0.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, reminded me of Robotchicken

Joker: [squirts piss in Batman's face]
    Batman: Is that... is that piss, dude? Did you just squirt piss in my mouth? Argh, we are done professionally!
    Harley: Ha! It's not his piss, Bats.
    Batman: That is only... slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    What?

wow armory is known for not working or loading undated information. so maybe use something a little more solid next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    lots have unrealistic expectations for wow nowadays. its impressive that it can still retain this. imo it doesnt really matter what wow adds anymore no matter what awesome feature gets added its simply not going to pull everyone in. People have lives. Me and a college friend very rarely get to play together on the weekend because school gets in the way and we are the target demographic. Legion had a great launch and it isnt until just a few weeks that people are complaining that the Broken Shore is weak and I agree although I am not holding it to some high ass standards as Argus is coming and I wouldnt be surprised to spend two patches there
    I mean nobody were actually arguring that WoW is above 9-10M subs atm. Except Jaylock lol. Also screaming "WoW is dead" is getting pretty old. I mean do we really need to find that old Pcgamer article where spergs were arguing that tbc killed WoW? It was nonsense then and it's still nonsense.
    Last edited by Siglius; 2017-05-05 at 08:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Legion is better than WoD, but eventually people move on. WoW isn't a game I consider noob friendly. You could almost consider the design hostile to anyone that's only played popular games created in the past several years.
    That's why legendary's now are ffa if you just have luck on your side no matter how good or bad you are?
    Last edited by MCitra; 2017-05-05 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    = Failure.
    Except we're, what, seven months into the expansion? Warlords was still doing well at this point.

Now, if that make that same statement in another six months, when warlords was languishing, they have a problem. But warlords started out very strong, from a subscriber perspective.

Lol all those doomsayers...
    "Slightly better than WoD" could mean better than the beginning of WoD, which would mean that Legion is performing outstanding, or it could mean; Better than the end of WoD which would mean that Legion is doing terrible.

As for Legion itself: I for one think it is the best expansion they have ever made. Not everyone hates the Diablofying of Wow.
    It was made clear to me during cata, that Blizzard had to change some things drastically, if they wanted this game to succeed.
    Cata was basically just a wotlk with a new paintjob and all my friends stopped playing during that exp.
    Nothing new and exciting was added at all...

And now Blizzard has managed something I never thought was possible: Reviving the open world.
    Everywhere I go, there are players doing shit. It's absolutely amazing.

The only thing I find lacking is the state of instanced PVP. It's just boring and one sided.

This is how I see the future of wow: They need to keep pushing drastic changes, which spice things up for everyone, even if that means to alienate some of the veterans. Simply releasing new dungeons and BGs just isn't enough to keep players interested in the game. There needs to be more to an MMORPG.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    lol its not comparable to wod at all

Legion is the same shit. Legion was made by the same shitty devs. Devs are killing this game.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Source? Blizzard doesn't post sub numbers any more.
    True , WOD numbers were soooo low they did not dare to publish them any more .
    Way to much grinding and RNG was wrong way for legion .
    And catering towards 5% of you player base will leave you with exactly 5% of your player base in the end .
    "Link the curve" or fuck off !!
    An having alts was a big no no this expansion .
    Last edited by mmoc2469da80bf; 2017-05-05 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjordkeeper View Post
    Lol all those doomsayers...
    "Slightly better than WoD" could mean better than the beginning of WoD, which would mean that Legion is performing outstanding, or it could mean; Better than the end of WoD which would mean that Legion is doing terrible.

As for Legion itself: I for one think it is the best expansion they have ever made. Not everyone hates the Diablofying of Wow.
    It was made clear to me during cata, that Blizzard had to change some things drastically, if they wanted this game to succeed.
    Cata was basically just a wotlk with a new paintjob and all my friends stopped playing during that exp.
    Nothing new and exciting was added at all...

And now Blizzard has managed something I never thought was possible: Reviving the open world.
    Everywhere I go, there are players doing shit. It's absolutely amazing.

The only thing I find lacking is the state of instanced PVP. It's just boring and one sided.

This is how I see the future of wow: They need to keep pushing drastic changes, which spice things up for everyone, even if that means to alienate some of the veterans. Simply releasing new dungeons and BGs just isn't enough to keep players interested in the game. There needs to be more to an MMORPG.
    The open world is essentially the same thing you've been doing since dailies were created, with a different paint job. While there are some good aspects of Legion, they're banking on people running the same thing over and over and over again. M+, titanforged, AP, nethershards, honor levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by donmarker View Post
    So basically Legion is Classic wow only now people are so pandered they consider grinding to be detrimental to gameplay.
    Classic wow was ALL grind in every way.
    It wasn't alt friendly as alts took ages to level and even longer to gear. Remember 20 man UBRS for those last pieces of the set armor? Or hell, even the fire res cloaks and don't even get me started on amassing elemental resistance gear in 14 slot bags. There were no collection tabs so everything took up bagspace and alts had to get their own mounts. Those mythic guilds quitting just goes to show that people have gone soft.
    It was fun, because the community was much different. Nowadays its more like a singleplayer with mmo aspects. Dungeonfinder/Raidfinder destroyed the community completely.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    The open world is essentially the same thing you've been doing since dailies were created, with a different paint job. While there are some good aspects of Legion, they're banking on people running the same thing over and over and over again. M+, titanforged, AP, nethershards, honor levels.
    But wouldn't you agree that world quests are way better handled than dailies? I think it's way cooler to look at the map and see something I want (Transmog marks for PVP for example) and then specifically doing that WQ, in comparison to "I need to be exalted with fat pandas so I can buy an enchantment for my shoulders which max my dps in raid X".

As for doing the same stuff all over again:
    Well that's pretty common with endless games isn't it?
    In mobas for example you are playing the same map all over again, but it's still fun.

If repeating stuff is not the thing for you, you should probably not play MMOs or just play the new content when it comes out (like one of my friends does it).

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    wow armory is known for not working or loading undated information. so maybe use something a little more solid next time.
    Or maybe... just maybe... a mythic guild rotated someone out for Elisande and brought them back for Gul'dan because their strategies called for a different raid comp. But that's probably too complicated and shocking for the kind of people who only want to check out your armory so they can call you out in public.

OT: Legion has its good parts, but a lot of its "content" comes from extending gameplay elements by several orders of magnitude through grind, RNG and gating.

Take something as simple as reputations for example. The basic elements haven't changed: you have a faction with some unique aesthetics, leveling quests and dailies (in one form or another) to earn reputation, and a cool mount as a reward. From BC on to MoP, going from neutral to exalted with a faction and earning the reward took a little under 30 days. In Legion, I'd say it takes on average 3.5 months to get from neutral to the point where a mount drops from a paragon cache.

That's not more content, it's just a longer grind on the same type of content (and that's not counting the late introduction of the paragon caches). It might keep players subscribed for a while, but it's also burning them out a lot harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjordkeeper View Post
    But wouldn't you agree that world quests are way better handled than dailies? I think it's way cooler to look at the map and see something I want (Transmog marks for PVP for example) and then specifically doing that WQ, in comparison to "I need to be exalted with fat pandas so I can buy an enchantment for my shoulders which max my dps in raid X".

As for doing the same stuff all over again:
    Well that's pretty common with endless games isn't it?
    In mobas for example you are playing the same map all over again, but it's still fun.

If repeating stuff is not the thing for you, you should probably not play MMOs or just play the new content when it comes out (like one of my friends does it).
    Apexis areas and now World Quests were technical improvement on dailies in the sense that it's great you no longer have to go through the chore of picking up and turning in a bunch of them at NPCs.

But you're still going to get burned out of going to the same places and doing the same things every day. Blizzard needs to shake up the aesthetics and story, and sometimes the mechanics of what you do to prevent people from getting bored. Legion hasn't been very successful at that.
    Last edited by Coconut; 2017-05-05 at 08:34 AM.