Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    WoW still by far the biggest and most successful sub-MMO on the market

- - - Updated - - -

anyway I think its clear they give more priority to HS and OW, while keeping WoW going

10+ Year Old Account
    Not suprise with all rng, legos and other nonesense. They really need to try harder with something new, 7.2 is not enough (Some parts of it are good of course but most of the time its weak at least for me)

I love how people get a small piece of information, and make leaping assumptions with it lol.

End of the day, it really doesn't matter to anyone but Blizzard how many people are playing. Stop obsessing over it. Like the game? Cool play it. Don't like the game? Cool, don't play it.

Stop obsessing over what other people are doing.

Didn't WoD get a huge influx of players in for it? Doesn't legion staying ahead of that mean it's doing really well?
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    Didn't WoD get a huge influx of players in for it? Doesn't legion staying ahead of that mean it's doing really well?
    WoD had a lot of players early in, the concept of it people seemed to really like. Not to mention how little you had to play to get a lot of free things. The amount of people who stayed subbed just to soak in free gold from the garrison missions is crazy.

WoD didn't really have a fast decline until slightly past the half way point. Next quarter would be a more accurate judging point for how Legion weighed up against WoD, as it would be closer to when WoD was peaking in its trash levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually "forum favorite" youtube with Heel in his name makes a video about it. Alot of good points about the state of the game if you ask me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Actually "forum favorite" youtube with Heel in his name makes a video about it. Alot of good points about the state of the game if you ask me
    Really? This guy quits the game and attempts to keep his channel going with Twitch Conan highlights, realises he's as interesting as a dead horse, comes back to WoW and first thing is to respond to quarterly reports yet again?

we dont need 2 threads for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    we dont need 2 threads for this.
    Where's the other thread on it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    anyway I think its clear they give more priority to HS and OW, while keeping WoW going
    This was clear waaaaay before this quarterly report.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Where's the other thread on it?
    coupled with eraning call news

they started earlier and are at 4 pages about the exact same things as here.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...inalBossTV-138

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Reposting this from the news-thread:

Legion's overall performance is slightly ahead of the prior expansion.
    And since WoD was a disaster I wouldn't interpret this as too much of a positive note.

But, thing is, from a gamer's perspective Legion has been much better than WoD, so I think we will never see new peak numbers and the MMO market is just in decline.
    Thats pretty much how I read it as well.

Overall, WoD was garbage.

Enjoy the game or not, hearing that at this point Legion is just slightly ahead of WoD doesn't scream success or doing great no matter how you spin it but overall still better than WoD at this point.
    Last edited by quras; 2017-05-05 at 12:56 PM.

This is just code for the ship is just sinking a bit slower.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    considering at this point in WoD's lifespan, it still had 7.5-8m subscribers, which means "slightly better" means the games subs are probably just north of 8m, that's pretty good for a 12 year old game....

and look how a great platform they had with Legion. they invested time again, they tried to put in massive class based stuff and stories, they did things like hidden stuff, or challenging stuff. they brought m+ (even when they did it wrong imo cause of timer based mass aoe). they tried to have THINGS in Legion.

and instead listening to all the beta feedback, they build that huge D3 thing on top of all that. and make a giant grind out of all they had. i dont get it. Legion had the platform to be the best xpac since years and they just missed it like retards.

how to fix Legion?

- stop RNG and massive grinds (keep only a side grind for longterm progressing).
    - stop heavy WF/TF. just give a small upgrade (+5 ?) reason, with better chances, for doing stuff again.
    - make classes interessting and a bit more complex, and not that flat, again.
    - invest less development time for 12 classes and 36 specs and invest more into global content.
    - get a bit more alt friendlier (not for 7.2 altoholics or catchup, but for 2-3 chars longterm players)

profit.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-05-05 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    coupled with eraning call news

they started earlier and are at 4 pages about the exact same things as here.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...inalBossTV-138
    ... That doesn't count at all. It's just the normal mass-post that comes with every front page update, it has multiple other topics mixed in with it, making it harder to communicate properly on the single topic.

Therefore, having this thread is 110% viable, because we're discussing the 1 single topic, which is only one out of four portions of the post you linked.

The post your suggesting, is just the mod made one for the front page. Very rarely used to actually have discussions on the topics mentioned, it's usually more of a "reaction" response setup.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Legion is basically wod 2.0. Current dev team is a disease. Only F2P or new (experienced in making mmo) devs can revive this game.
    Lol revive this game that still got millions of subs nice try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    ... That doesn't count at all. It's just the normal mass-post that comes with every front page update, it has multiple other topics mixed in with it, making it harder to communicate properly on the single topic.

Therefore, having this thread is 110% viable, because we're discussing the 1 single topic, which is only one out of four portions of the post you linked.

The post your suggesting, is just the mod made one for the front page. Very rarely used to actually have discussions on the topics mentioned, it's usually more of a "reaction" response setup.
    yes. you are right. i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I'm sure they weren't talking about subs, as subs are a bad way to measure performance. They are probably talking about profit in general, and WoD did very well at that. The game is still making them tons of money, so where's the problem?
    That a lot of players and former players dislike the design of Legion and direction of the game in general and their sub numbers will soon hit an all time low if they're not there already?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Talking about subs and user activity this really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Third party sites were reporting a massive decline in users / activity months ago.

I'm enjoying legion quite a bit, but near the start of the expansion all of my casual friends quit. The reason being that they couldn't do anything beyond heroic dungeons due to needing to use the group finder tool and not meeting the requirements that groups set. I ran them through a few when I couldn't but I can't be on constantly. EN LFR was completely worthless because they outgeared it simply by doing world quests. It was actually kind of sad how quickly in this expansion my friend list went from being full of people online to just having 5 or 6 people on. I think it happened even faster than WoD.

EN was undertuned so a lot of guilds that did EN on Heroic/Mythic were frustrated about not being able to do ToV and then Nighthold on that same difficulty. It might seem really odd to you and me that some guilds struggle with Normal / Heroic when some of us actually pug those but there are a lot of guilds out there that can't complete heroic. We talk about Mythic a lot on the forums and people being stuck at 3/10 or 8/10 but it's actually a far more common case (just due to sheer numbers of people that run the content) for people to not be able to complete the lower difficulties as well. So I saw quite a few guilds that friends were in break up because they breezed through Heroic EN but couldn't get through ToV/NH on Heroic.

7.2 is pretty awesome in that it added a lot of things for the super casuals to do again. They've got new dungeons they've never seen before (Kara/CoS/Arc) and dungeons drop better gear than they used to but that was too little too late.

Theres a lot of stuff that's awesome for their average player. Legendaries and Titanforging are incredible for the average player. Titanforging is pretty great for everyone that's not in a Mythic progression guild. I think they should disable legendaries in Mythic and scale player gear in Mythic to a certain ilevel that way we won't have to worry about TF trivializing any encounters / fucking up encounter balance / BiS legendary drama etc. And it'll make balance easier.

I doubt they'll get all their subs back this expansion, but hopefully they don't stop producing content this expansion. Or they don't cheapen the content they have planned. They have a lot of good ideas for those of us that are left. Just next expansion they need to work on the casual engagement aspect of it, and probably do something with Mythic raiding to make it so that fun systems for casuals like TF/Legendaries/etc don't need to be ruined to cater to Mythic raiders.