Page 1 of 3
LastLast

mm in 7.2.5 going to be good or not

any one know what the state of mm is going to be in 7.2.5 with the new set , or is it going to be BM all of tomb.
    i hope mm will still be good as i don't like BM at all in legion just want to find out what other hunters think what will happen come 7.2.5

Deleted
    No one knows because the patch notes are not finished. Simple enough.

Quote Originally Posted by coupes View Post
    any one know what the state of mm is going to be in 7.2.5 with the new set , or is it going to be BM all of tomb.
    i hope mm will still be good as i don't like BM at all in legion just want to find out what other hunters think what will happen come 7.2.5
    Surv > BM > MM

This is due to lots of movement on the fights. Even if MM will be high on simcraft, It will be dead last in reality (from 3 hunter spec)

Quote Originally Posted by longal View Post
    Surv > BM > MM

This is due to lots of movement on the fights. Even if MM will be high on simcraft, It will be dead last in reality (from 3 hunter spec)
    How is Surv better than BM on movement? Surv is pretty immobile.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even if Survival was the best spec by far I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot pole.

Surv > BM > MM

Say what?
    Oh, we need more melee... Said no raid team ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    Even if Survival was the best spec by far I wouldn't touch it with a 20 foot pole.
    Agree 100% NO WAY will I ever play this new "Survival" spec
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Some guilds have melee slots for survival, sometimes you can't hire ranged because they suck. Just think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    Agree 100% NO WAY will I ever play this new "Survival" spec
    Same here. As far as I am concerned SV hunter is on a vacation, but hopefully not permanently. Hoping against hope that Blizz will face how unpopular the spec is and face the fact they made a huge ass mistake.

Surv > BM > MM

Ignore this guy, he's an idiot. Movement is not everything, and a good MM hunter will lose very little if any damage on medium-movement fights. ToS isn't that high a movement raid.

It was BM>MM till bms nerfs, now they're looking to be equal (including the fact MM has less mobility) MM will always win out on AoE, and BM ST, but the overall best currently is fairly even and we can't actually make a judgement call on that until it's much closer to 7.2.5.

If you can, try to get concordance on both MM and BM, the traits past the initial point are fairly shit-tier and don't matter much. So you have options when the patch comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Say what?
    Except.... every raid team after 3 weeks into Nighthold mythic.

Turns out having people that aren't targeted by mechanics while doing 200k more dps than your average range is actually desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Valrysha View Post
    Amen.

As it stands right now, BM is the only spec I can stand out of this favourite class of mine. Played MM through EN and hoping with all of my heart that it won't be better than BM for ToS and beyond to such an extent where not playing it would just gimp the team...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Say what?
    Normally that would be true, but haven't really been in this expansion, especially in nighthold, our hunter actually went survival for gul'dan as we already had too many ranged.

From the few people I've heard it from, MM will be slightly better in TOS due to the recent nerfs BM just had announced. That's not to say BM will be that much worse, but for progression styled mythic guilds MM will probably be the desired spec to play.
    That being said, slightly over 1/2 the fights in ToS are ST and depending on movement, BM might pull slightly ahead. There's also SV that can be considered as, despite the naysayers, is in a pretty decent spot and unless hit with an overall nerf is looking to be slightly better than either spec in terms of raw simcraft damage.
    Obviously, the TLDR version is: it's still too early to tell as Blizz is still working on the numbers and balancing of the tier sets and traits/talents to really make a good estimated guess.

BM vs MM balance is still not clear for 7.2.5. We do not have all changes implemented yet. Also, some of the changes can be reversed, like the Wild Call ones for example.
    But I get the feeling that numbers wise they are going to be close. Very likely the spec you are going to spend more artifact power on is going to pull ahead. Most classes are very close this expansion from the purely numerical point of view (although there are some outliers). More often than not, your personal luck with legendaries and trinkets is going to determine which spec will pull ahead

Can't wait to rush into TOS as a sv hunter, can't stand BM or MM this xpac

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Turns out having people that aren't targeted by mechanics while doing 200k more dps than your average range is actually desirable.
    So there is a justice in the end ? great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Amen.

As it stands right now, BM is the only spec I can stand out of this favourite class of mine. Played MM through EN and hoping with all of my heart that it won't be better than BM for ToS and beyond to such an extent where not playing it would just gimp the team...
    By the looks of the Hunter spec distributions right now, this is a common attitude. Survival is still in the dumps and MM is spiralling. Right now the share of the parses for BM/MM/SV in mythic Nighthold is 59/38/3. If nothing is done, I'll bet you'll see BM at 80% by the end of the expansion. I think SV is screwed no matter what they do, but MM can at least be salvaged.

I got bored of BM rather quickly these past 2 weeks and decided to give mm's piercing/explosive build and I can safely say that I love it. Almost as much movement as bm, and the spec feels far more engaging to play. Not to diss BM, i still prefer it over trickshot for pure single-target fights as the PS build doesn't really work with those types of encounters currently.

My only problem is that with T20 Blizz seems to be favoring a trickshot build, so currently patient sniper will probably be the bread and butter for MM come ToS.

Quote Originally Posted by ozusteapot View Post
    I got bored of BM rather quickly these past 2 weeks and decided to give mm's piercing/explosive build and I can safely say that I love it. Almost as much movement as bm, and the spec feels far more engaging to play. Not to diss BM, i still prefer it over trickshot for pure single-target fights as the PS build doesn't really work with those types of encounters currently.

My only problem is that with T20 Blizz seems to be favoring a trickshot build, so currently patient sniper will probably be the bread and butter for MM come ToS.

well then you gonna hate ToS is a raid more similar to EN than to NH