Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Yes dude, Kel'thuzad is still alive, don't worry he would wreak the filthy forsaken scum
    if by wreck you mean side with them out of mutual hatred.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    What human Lordaeronians? The Scarlet Crusaders?
    A large portion of Stormwind is comprised of the people from Lordaeron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Even if Calia is interested in the throne, what support she will have?

She was never groomed to be a leader, the people of Lorderon never saw her as their leader, plus, unlike the time when Stormwind got sacked by Orcs where majority of population fled, the population of Lordaeron are mostly undead. There are barely anyone left for her to rule.

Arthas's deed has tainted the name Menethil forever, and it's smart for Calia to lay low. She's associated with one of the worst mass murderer in Azeroth's history, I won't be surprised if some survivor of Third War (Especially the Forsaken or even Lordaeron survivor held Menethil family as a whole responsible and will try to kill Calia if she ever made a public appearance.
    Why do people automatically assume that she would have no support or that her name is tainted? We have no basis for this assertion, and by all accounts, the blame has always been placed upon Arthas... not Terenas... not Calia.

10+ Year Old Account
    A large portion of Stormwind is comprised of the people from Lordaeron.
    based off of?

Why do people automatically assume that she would have no support or that her name is tainted? We have no basis for this assertion, and by all accounts, the blame has always been placed upon Arthas... not Terenas... not Calia.
    In what world would the Menithel name not be tainted?
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by wheelmandan View Post
    I'm shocked that Calia Menethil is just put in the game no major lore thing about her i mean she is the rightful leader of Lordaeron. and many of the Undead still see them self as the true leader of lordaeron.
    Does the House of Menethils still hold any weight to the survivors or the undead? or other humans for that matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There's probably a fair cross-section of the Forsaken that might hold some fondness for Calia, or at least sympathetic pity for her plight - Terenas Menethil was still highly honored based on the presence of his monument in the ruin of Lordaeron (which remains extant despite the legacy of his infamous son). I doubt either of those facts would give Calia any form of authority or position to supplant Sylvanas as leader of the Forsaken though, and whatever claim she might've had to the land of Lordaeron is well out of reach due to the circumstances of the land and its people.

If anything, Calia's decision to stay in the shadows is probably the best one. Making herself publicly known would only make herself a target for the more fanatical elements among the Forsaken that might try to further revenge themselves upon the Menethil line for the crimes of Arthas. She could also be seen an enemy of Sylvanas who might view her as a potential political rival, or even foreign elements who might try to use her as a means of fomenting war in the northern Eastern Kingdoms.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There's probably a fair cross-section of the Forsaken that might hold some fondness for Calia, or at least sympathetic pity for her plight - Terenas Menethil was still highly honored based on the presence of his monument in the ruin of Lordaeron (which remains extant despite the legacy of his infamous son). I doubt either of those facts would give Calia any form of authority or position to supplant Sylvanas as leader of the Forsaken though, and whatever claim she might've had to the land of Lordaeron is well out of reach due to the circumstances of the land and its people.

If anything, Calia's decision to stay in the shadows is probably the best one. Making herself publicly known would only make herself a target for the more fanatical elements among the Forsaken that might try to further revenge themselves upon the Menethil line for the crimes of Arthas. She could also be seen an enemy of Sylvanas who might view her as a potential political rival, or even foreign elements who might try to use her as a means of fomenting war in the northern Eastern Kingdoms.
    Even if the Forsaken hold no ill will towards Calia that's a far cry from being fond of her and willing to rally behind her. She hasn't done ANYTHING of note up until becoming a priest follower in Legion where as Terenas ruled Lordaeron well for decades. She would never get enough forsaken support to oust Sylvannas, the one who lead them into freedom from the scourge.

So yeah I agree she's never going to have any sort of sway or authority among the Forsaken and lacks the outside power to do anything, and I find this route to be far more interesting than another attempt to take Lordaeron that is doomed to fail from the start. I'd much rather see her character developed from this angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If you knew the lore, you'd know that she renounced her claim to the throne and is now a priest.
    It was still Blizzards idea to remove all potential for interesting developement from her just to make her a named NPC for a priest to order around.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    It was still Blizzards idea to remove all potential for interesting developement from her just to make her a named NPC for a priest to order around.
    Eh IMO another attempt to retake lordaeron doomed to fail wouldn't be interesting development. This is a much more interesting take on the character than her trying to reclaim lordaeron imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    if by wreck you mean side with them out of mutual hatred.
    Nah the forsaken hate a lot the scourge, even sylvanas wouldn't even consider the idea of allied with kel'thuzad the very cause of his tragedy and the dude surely is dead(even if his phylactery wanst destroyed in scream in wotlk) beside my comment was a silly thing or joke, not something seriosly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah the forsaken hate a lot the scourge, even sylvanas wouldn't even consider the idea of allied with kel'thuzad the very cause of his tragedy and the dude surely is dead(even if his phylactery wanst destroyed in scream in wotlk) beside my comment was a silly thing or joke, not something seriosly.
    As much as they despise each other , I feel like Kel, if he ever showed his bony face again, would rather work with the forsaken then Bolvart, who he probably hates as a usurper.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-05-05 at 02:35 PM. Reason: autocorrect
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Gotta love Lore Forum threads where people make claims up their booties.
    No Undead mentions ever Calia but apparently OP knows best.
    Oh btw, this thread has been posted like 204830 times in early Legion, and it was a shitfest which degenerated into "duh alliance will rekt undercity and take it back because horde is weak and alliance strong". Can we just get past that and close a useless thread please?

As much as they despise each other , I feel like Mel this ad if he ever showed his bony face again, would rather work with the forsaken then boo at, who he probably hates as a usurper.
    The dude is very proud of his skills, I really doubt the would work with the "witch elf" and beside Bolvar isn't very different from Arthas right now and probably in some future events they would be identical, so why would make kel'thuzad to disapprove this new lich king?

10+ Year Old Account
    The dude is very proud of his skills, I really doubt the would work with the "witch elf" and beside Bolvar isn't very different from Arthas right now and probably in some future events they would be identical, so why would make kel'thuzad to disapprove this new lich king?
    Because hes not Arthas, who Kel'thuzad was super loyal to, also Bolvar isn't being the Lich king he could be.
    Holy shit lol

Because hes not Arthas, who Kel'thuzad was super loyal to, also Bolvar isn't being the Lich king he could be.
    He was loyal to Ner'zhul before Arthas usurper his position in his mind battle and while Uther say Arthas was more benevolent than Ner'zhul(think i doubt), why would that change with bolvar which had recruited the ebon blade and is rebuilding the old scourge army

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Even if the Forsaken hold no ill will towards Calia that's a far cry from being fond of her and willing to rally behind her. She hasn't done ANYTHING of note up until becoming a priest follower in Legion where as Terenas ruled Lordaeron well for decades. She would never get enough forsaken support to oust Sylvannas, the one who lead them into freedom from the scourge.

So yeah I agree she's never going to have any sort of sway or authority among the Forsaken and lacks the outside power to do anything, and I find this route to be far more interesting than another attempt to take Lordaeron that is doomed to fail from the start. I'd much rather see her character developed from this angle.
    There's no reason as to why the Argent Crusade couldn't and/or wouldn't proclaim her Queen of their territories. After all, a significant portion of their ranks originate from the fallen kingdom. In such a scenario, the Forsaken would control the western portions of Lordaeron while the restored kingdom would control the eastern portions of Lordaeron (an excellent setup for additional lore).

10+ Year Old Account
    He was loyal to Ner'zhul before Arthas usurper his position in his mind battle and while Uther say Arthas was more benevolent than Ner'zhul(think i doubt), why would that change with bolvar which had recruited the ebon blade and is rebuilding the old scourge army
    Because he isnt following the mission plan of Arthas / Ner'zhul.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    There's no reason as to why the Argent Crusade couldn't and/or wouldn't proclaim her Queen of their territories. After all, a significant portion of their ranks originate from the fallen kingdom. In such a scenario, the Forsaken would control the western portions of Lordaeron while the restored kingdom would control the eastern portions of Lordaeron (an excellent setup for additional lore).

And they would proclaim her king and get involved in faction politics WHY? Because of who her daddy was? Makes no sense for the Crusade to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    And they would provlaim her king and get involved in faction politics WHY?
    You're operating under the assumption that they would get involved in the faction war versus remaining neutral, i.e. there's no requirement to vacate their neutrality.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    You're operating under the assumption that they would get involved in the faction war versus remaining neutral, i.e. there's no requirement to vacate their neutrality.
    Even so Calia has done nothing at all to earn that position. They're not going to crown her out of the blue because Terenas sired her.

based off of?

In what world would the Menithel name not be tainted?
    If you're implying that Arthas marred the Menethil legacy - his father was absolved of any guilt as you can read on his epitaph in the Undercity:

Here lies King Terenas Menethil II -- Last True King of Lordaeron.

Great were his deeds -- long was his reign -- unthinkable was his death.

"May the Father lie blameless for the deeds of the son.
    May the bloodied crown stay lost and forgotten."

I'm sure his sister is disassociated from him as well.