Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard makes grouping up for World Quests more and more pointless

What is the point of grouping up when the objectives don't count for me when other players do them? For example the murloc quest, where you have to kill 5 murlocs and use 4 fel crystals. If you are in a group and someone else uses one of those fel crystals, it doesn't count... why? What is the logic behind this? With other similar quests it does work.

Then another example is the one where you have to free 10 prisoners. That one was up recently, and I noticed, that if group members open a cage it doesn't count. Which makes it completely pointless to group up for this, since that is the only objective. And more people in your group then only means more people on your server, meaning more other people to take away cages from you. But the weirdness goes even further than that, as, if you click the cage when someone else is about to open it, whether in your group or not, it does count for you. Again why? Why is it that people in your group opening cages doesn't count for you, but if you also click a cage that is about to be opened by a non-group member, even if he got there first, and even if your bar doesn't complete, you still get credit? This is totally nonsensical. Why is Blizzard punishing people for grouping up?

Maybe you were too far away from the group to gain credit? Granted, I rarely group with other players to do my dailies, so I don't know if it's truly broken, but I've never had these kinds of issues in the few instances in which I was in a party.

No, the OP is correct, you need to click the crystals in that particular WQ yourself. It's unclear if this is intentional.

it's for fighting all those group leechers, the ones who group and afk while you do the job, so making at least one objective that you have to click yourselfnegate those worldquest addon

That is certainly the end result, but we don't know if that's what the devs intended or if they just forgot to flag the crystals group-completable.

There are a couple quests like this; the one where you pick up bones in the north of the broken shore works the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    it's for fighting all those group leechers, the ones who group and afk while you do the job, so making at least one objective that you have to click yourselfnegate those worldquest addon
    This is correct.

But remember, these players are not leechers! They're just "utilizing their time correctly."

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Don't get mad at me because I can eat my lunch and do my homework while you slay 20 demons. I am just more efficient than you.
    I'm sure what you're doing is exactly why Blizzard designed WQs the way they did. And it's absolutely absurd to even entertain the idea that the developers may not want their game to played like this.

edit: If you were being sarcastic, disregard. Hard to tell these days around here.

Deleted
    it's for fighting all those group leechers
    How is it group leeching to want to get credit for objectives while being in a group? You might as well just disable WQs while in groups.

Deleted
    you can report those leechers , a friend of mine got banned for leechin afk worldquests

Deleted
    I've never grouped up for world quests and I haven't had any problems playing the game.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    What is the point of grouping up when the objectives don't count for me when other players do them? For example the murloc quest, where you have to kill 5 murlocs and use 4 fel crystals. If you are in a group and someone else uses one of those fel crystals, it doesn't count... why? What is the logic behind this? With other similar quests it does work.

Then another example is the one where you have to free 10 prisoners. That one was up recently, and I noticed, that if group members open a cage it doesn't count. Which makes it completely pointless to group up for this, since that is the only objective. And more people in your group then only means more people on your server, meaning more other people to take away cages from you. But the weirdness goes even further than that, as, if you click the cage when someone else is about to open it, whether in your group or not, it does count for you. Again why? Why is it that people in your group opening cages doesn't count for you, but if you also click a cage that is about to be opened by a non-group member, even if he got there first, and even if your bar doesn't complete, you still get credit? This is totally nonsensical. Why is Blizzard punishing people for grouping up?
    There's no paradigm set in stone that quest credit must or must not be shared. Clean up some of the snark in your feedback (bold text), send it over to Blizzard and move on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    There's no paradigm set in stone that quest credit must or must not be shared.
    What are you talking about? Of course there is lol. Group up to 5 people = quest credit is shared, Raid group = no quest credit at all, unless it's a specific raid quest

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Clean up some of the snark in your feedback (bold text), send it over to Blizzard and move on.
    Nice ad hominem, too bad there's no argument coming from you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    They're just "utilizing their time correctly."
    You're a funny guy. I like you.

You may not get credit, but doesn't being in a group make it easier to move around and get those crystals?

It could be a bug, it could not. If you don't like it, why do it?

This... THIS is why we can't have nice things.

I remember about a week ago, i got grouped with an afk monk in stormheim. Noticed he was AFK, whispered him to stop being a lazy shit and kicked him.

Not even 5 minutes later, I started a group for a Warden quest (I always tank and being a dps lowbie can suck so I always try to allow lowbies to come in and get the tag), and low and behold... This same fucking monk was trying to AFK on his flying mount for a freaking Warden kill... A kill where all you need to do is touch the mob and you get credit... Are players really getting THAT lazy?

I think it's annoying that the prisoner one isn't shared, but I like the fact that leechers have to get off their lazy asses and tap those 4 crystals.

they kind of have to do something about it.. it's way too many people just hovering on their flying mounts joining the groups.

now i rarely even make a group or join one because i'll be done at pretty much the same speed as i would doing it solo so why bother? sure as hell won't let anyone leech while i put in the work.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I only notice this as people come and go in a group and you are actually switching realms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    You may not get credit, but doesn't being in a group make it easier to move around and get those crystals?

It could be a bug, it could not. If you don't like it, why do it?
    With those high respawn rates, it really doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    Depends. The more people the faster those cursed murloc reproduce. Someone must've slipped something crazy in their fel drink. Though in seriousness. There's been times I've cleared a good amount around a crystal (about 3-4 seconds of aoe'ing) and right as I get mid click one respawns and breaks the channel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    they kind of have to do something about it.. it's way too many people just hovering on their flying mounts joining the groups.

now i rarely even make a group or join one because i'll be done at pretty much the same speed as i would doing it solo so why bother? sure as hell won't let anyone leech while i put in the work.
    I'd rather have people leeching while I do the quests, than not share quest credit at all. Not only does this make grouping up pointless, it makes it counterproductive, because now you are sharing the area with other people that will take away your quest objectives. This is an MMO, but apparently, Blizzard doesn't want us to group up for outdoor content anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Depends. The more people the faster those cursed murloc reproduce. Someone must've slipped something crazy in their fel drink. Though in seriousness. There's been times I've cleared a good amount around a crystal (about 3-4 seconds of aoe'ing) and right as I get mid click one respawns and breaks the channel.
    This.

This is the most annoying thing.