Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    please listen to that again:
    Let you do anything.
    I grab my GF by the pussy all the time, because, and here is the fucking keyword, she lets me.

- - - Updated - - -

my point was that there is no therapy that makes someone with a 95 IQ into a 105 IQ.
    Some people are simply unable to learn - It took me quite some time to understand that they cant just 'learn' something, anything, like i can.
    If i wanted to i could learn Swahili - it would take me time and effort, but the conclusion is not in doubt, i would learn.
    To them, its like when i tried to understand quantum physics beyond a pop-science level.
    That doesn't make any sense though. if you are capable of learning, then you're capable of learning. and even in your example, if you continued to try learning quantum physics, you would eventually succeed, by your own admission in the swahili example. So the problem is less that they "can't" and more that it's more difficult and they end up giving up.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I remember when they boycotted Rogue One

Good to see Colbert finally getting some decent ratings.

Thanks Donnie!
    Wait because only a conservative could be misogynistic enough, to boycott a Star Wars movie with a female lead? What a jump. Keep that up and I smell a ban in your future. Oh who am I kidding, you're on team lib. Carry on.

We all aren't as narrow minded as you'd like to believe. I, as a conservative, love Colbert. See that's the thing about having a sense of humor... you can laugh at other people, and yourself. But most people don't have a sense of humor, so they don't get that.

my point was that there is no therapy that makes someone with a 95 IQ into a 105 IQ.
    Some people are simply unable to learn - It took me quite some time to understand that they cant just 'learn' something, anything, like i can.
    If i wanted to i could learn Swahili - it would take me time and effort, but the conclusion is not in doubt, i would learn.
    To them, its like when i tried to understand quantum physics beyond a pop-science level.
    It took me forever to grasp this. I just assumed other people weren't trying very hard, because I didn't try hard and yet academics came easy to me. Watching people actually work hard and just not get there finally cemented it for me and using the quantum physics analogy is the one that's always worked for me - I can learn it at least a bit (I passed P Chem anyway), but it's an absolute slog and I don't feel like I'm really grasping it. If I were a shade less sharp, I wouldn't be able to even get that far. Based on their actual performance, this is essentially how basic algebra seems to be for people that are about 1 SD below the norm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    except the majority of this thread is people"triggered" by some imaginary group being "triggered"
    Um, if by "triggered" you mean "laughing hysterically at the combination of crybaby and irony" then yes.

Crironybaby? Crybabirony? I'll work on it.

please listen to that again:
    Let you do anything.
    I grab my GF by the pussy all the time, because, and here is the fucking keyword, she lets me.
    People "let" others in power abuse them all the time because we all know what happens when you protest.
    Example: all the sexual abuse scandals finally coming out at Fox that have been kept hidden for years
    OR
    "I beat some sense into my son, and he never fights back!"
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    People "let" others in power abuse them all the time because we all know what happens when you protest.
    Example: all the sexual abuse scandals finally coming out at Fox that have been kept hidden for years
    OR
    Now, I'm not accusing you, but it really is remarkable how many of the very same people that insisted that there was nothing to see in Bill Clinton's various intern-related peccadillos hold the position that joking about what women let you do is basically proof of rape.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    That doesn't make any sense though. if you are capable of learning, then you're capable of learning. and even in your example, if you continued to try learning quantum physics, you would eventually succeed, by your own admission in the swahili example. So the problem is less that they "can't" and more that it's more difficult and they end up giving up.
    All intellectual tasks are not the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    OR
    again, he said when you are rich, people let them.
    That's not the same thing as your examples, because being rich does not confer power over people, being their employer or parent does.
    Last edited by mmocfd561176b9; 2017-05-05 at 10:42 PM.

if hillary was president and a conservative comedian told the same cockhoslter "joke" the left would be outraged over it and calling for the same firing

it's stupid anyway, if you still think russia is the reason hillary lost you are clueless

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So twitter campaign to get someone fired, Right wing 1- left wing, ∞
    Your point?
    What's the yield on that truth bomb you just dropped?

Quote Originally Posted by btorz View Post
    if hillary was president and a conservative comedian told the same cockhoslter "joke" the left would be outraged over it and calling for the same firing

it's stupid anyway, if you still think russia is the reason hillary lost you are clueless
    Of course there would be, and the same people calling Colberts joke terrible would be saying "suck it up buttercup". Politics are fun sometimes.

So are we really going to keep pretending that some mild anger (which is obviously fake anyways) at something that happened is akin to psychological, traumatic triggering?

15+ Year Old Account
    All intellectual tasks are not the same.

- - - Updated - - -

again, he said when you are rich, people let them.
    That's not the same thing as your examples, because being rich does not confer power over people, being their employer or parent does.
    Not that I'm fine with sexual assault, but I don't think beta males understand that some women are ok with being touched like that. Alpha males gonna alpha male.

Right..

1) If you genuinely believe those talking heads are anything but puppets, you need to take a long hard look at yourself. Then ask anything how you can be easily manipulated..

2) While I don't identify as either side per se, a lot of the conservative backlash is not genuine or at least the very least showing the left a piece of their own bs-tactics. (firing people over opinions and like, which was the left has been doing since 08')

But yeah.. internet forums never change people's opinions. So while I don't expect anything, I would genuinely love to see the ratio of employed to weird anti-trump posts.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not that I'm fine with sexual assault, but I don't think beta males understand that some women are ok with being touched like that. Alpha males gonna alpha male.
    Alpha males? The ladies I've met would leave those guys counting their teeth on their one remaining hand.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Alpha males? The ladies I've met would leave those guys counting their teeth on their one remaining hand.
    So would I, but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend some women wouldn't like a billionaire to touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    So would I, but I'm not gonna sit here and pretend some women wouldn't like a billionaire to touch them.
    That doesn't make it right, at least not without their consent first. Which again, was always the core of the "grab her by the pussy" issue. The fact that Trump was literally joking about sexual assault (which is bad), not how some women consent to let wealthy men grope them (which, again assuming consent is given, is totally fine).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That doesn't make it right, at least not without their consent first. Which again, was always the core of the "grab her by the pussy" issue. The fact that Trump was literally joking about sexual assault (which is bad), not how some women consent to let wealthy men grope them (which, again assuming consent is given, is totally fine).
    We don't know if he had consent or not and I have no idea what goes on behind his closed doors. That is all the info we have so I have no right to get mad because I can tell you some women are gold diggers.

As for the joke part, why are some ok and some aren't? Seems like a double standard to me. Which funnily enough is what this whole thread is about.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-05-05 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic..._medium=social

Comedian Stephen Colbert’s profanity-tinged tirade against President Donald Trump, aired nationally on CBS, will be reviewed by the Federal Communications Commission because of viewer complaints, said Ajit Pai, the agency’s chairman.

“We are going to take the facts that we find and we are going to apply the law as it’s been set out by the Supreme Court and other courts and we’ll take the appropriate action,” Pai said in an interview on talk-radio station WPHT-AM in Philadelphia. CBS, the broadcaster of Colbert’s “The Late Show,” could face a fine, he said.

Colbert has said he stands by his May 1 monologue criticizing Trump for cutting short an interview with a CBS journalist, though the late-night host said he should have been less crude. One joke suggesting a sexual relationship between Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin drew criticism for being vulgar and homophobic.

Programs like “The Late Show” that air after 10 p.m. have looser rules, but they still are prohibited from including obscene content -- overtly sexual, offensive and lacking serious literary, artistic, political or scientific value. It’s rare for the FCC to take action against a broadcaster under the rules, and Pai, who was selected by Trump to lead the agency, would face criticism himself if the FCC punished CBS.

“We have these rules on the books that we are duty-bound to enforce -- and I’m committed to enforce them,” Pai said in the radio interview. “Broadly speaking with respect to issues like free speech on campus or keeping government out of newsrooms, I’ve consistently said First Amendment protections are important and we need to protect them.”

Nothing bettet than the start of a fascist dictator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like the FCC is in this now.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..