Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    You team had a chance to go a point behind the leaders, putting massive pressure on them.

You didn't.
    Bottlejobs.

Don't worry, I support overrated and overpaid shitlords too.
    Over the last 2 years we have more points, scored more goals, conceded less goals, had more shots, created more chances than any other PL team. With less spend on transfers than any other team in the top 15 of the league. Our pay-roll is half of Arsenal and a Third of Utds (You could pay the rest of the league with Chelsea Arsenal City and Utds payroll in fact). Now I may be a bit upset that the thread of a chance we had is gone but we are punching way above our weight financially. Over-rated and overpaid compared to who exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Over the last 2 years we have more points, scored more goals, conceded less goals, had more shots, created more chances than any other PL team. With less spend on transfers than any other team in the top 15 of the league. Our pay-roll is half of Arsenal and a Third of Utds (You could pay the rest of the league with Chelsea Arsenal City and Utds payroll in fact). Now I may be a bit upset that the thread of a chance we had is gone but we are punching way above our weight financially. Over-rated and overpaid compared to who exactly?
    Overpaid by anyone's standards of decency. Premier League wage bills are all bonkers - not having Rooney on 300k a week doesn't make your squad underpaid.

Overrated because you are being billed as an amazing side.
    Having been knocked out of Europe twice, once by rubbish.
    No titles. No trophies.
    Another seasons of failure.

Pressure got to the players tonight.

Overpaid by anyone's standards of decency. Premier League wage bills are all bonkers - not having Rooney on 300k a week doesn't make your squad underpaid.

Overrated because you are being billed as an amazing side.
    Having been knocked out of Europe twice, once by rubbish.
    No titles. No trophies.
    Another seasons of failure.

Pressure got to the players tonight.
    Yeah maybe it did get to them I was nervous too, 4 London Derbies in a row is pretty brutal. No home games in Europe was tough too.

I didnt see one person tip spurs to win the league here. I dont remember even a Spurs fan saying we would be as good or finish as high in the league this year as previous but we have been better and will finish higher.

We are billed as an amazing side (by ex-players and pundits) cuz we have played great football this year, it doesnt suit some people to hear that but the opinion of neutrals seems to be that we do pretty good the Spurs fans that post here know we are failable, better than you it seems.

I didnt suggest PL wages were reasonable but when you look at what people get paid you generally look at people that work in the same place doing the same job, by that comparison Spurs are not overpaid.

Next week we will play likely Man Utd with a team that cost less than 1 of their players but that might also be unsuitable news for you as far as comparisons go
    Last edited by Marleycat; 2017-05-05 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    Man United are hilarious. Not a great example for sure.

I just look at what we play our top players (other than PSG)
    I find 20m for Andre Ayew offensive.

How do you feel about playing at Wembley next year?
    Anthony Joshua has more wins there than you lot.

Man United are hilarious. Not a great example for sure.

I just look at what we play our top players (other than PSG)
    I find 20m for Andre Ayew offensive.

How do you feel about playing at Wembley next year?
    Anthony Joshua has more wins there than you lot.
    Yah I was surprised what you said so I went and looked at Monaco pay...its like a championship wage bill apart from Moutinho. PSG anothe story entirely.

Wembley will not be great pitch is much bigger than ours, we play fast paced fast passing football (unless we play West Ham) so dont need those big spaces to run into. Look at Arsenal when they moved to emirates, or West Ham when they moved last year, Sunderland too. Changing grounds doesnt suit teams. If you give me 4th place next 2 seasons and we get keep most of our players I will take that right now.

I mean...didn't a league have to change rules because Monaco were paying people stupid as fuck wages?

Deleted
    Congratulations to Chelsea.

Everyone else, Mind the Gap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I mean...didn't a league have to change rules because Monaco were paying people stupid as fuck wages?
    That was to do with Monaco being a tax haven, making it more attractive to players.

- - - Updated - - -

Leicester 2 up and into 9th. I believe that if United win the Euro league and finish fifth they'd get entry into the Champion's league along with the top four, and then the league place for the Europe League would go to 6th. There'd then be two places for the league cup and FA cup that would again go to the league, so it could be possible to see Leicester in Europe again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    That was to do with Monaco being a tax haven, making it more attractive to players.

- - - Updated - - -

Leicester 2 up and into 9th. I believe that if United win the Euro league and finish fifth they'd get entry into the Champion's league along with the top four, and then the league place for the Europe League would go to 6th. There'd then be two places for the league cup and FA cup that would again go to the league, so it could be possible to see Leicester in Europe again next year.
    think you can have a maximum of 7 teams in Europe from a single league

Deleted
    Shitfest today.

So its us Vs Dundee United (again) then vs Falkirk (again) then vs Hamilton/Motherwell.

Playoffs are nightmares.

Anyone watching the Hartlepool v Doncaster game.

Hartlepool are relegated out of the football league if they get anything less than a win.
    Doncaster need a win to become champions.

1-1 so far. 10 mins to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a very close finale to this season, just glad Yeovil aren't in the relegation battle, we're awful.

Deleted
    Weird to see Blackburn doing so shite.

Used to have a top side.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Weird to see Blackburn doing so shite.

Used to have a top side.
    Then came along Venky's.

Deleted
    Murphy and Kilbane are great pundits tbh.

Murphy and Kilbane are great pundits tbh.
    You took some crazy ass pills before this season started for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    You took some crazy ass pills before this season started for sure.
    Coming from a Gooner; that's a bit of irony.

ETA: Leicester groudsman must be fucking wrecked. Check the nick of that pitch.

Coming from a Gooner; that's a bit of irony.
    You've been sucking off Chelsea and praising MOTD pundits. Who are you and what did you do with Slenderman?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    You've been sucking off Chelsea and praising MOTD pundits. Who are you and what did you do with Slenderman?
    He had a kid and went soft.

Coulda done with Everton beating Swansea, oh well...probably safe...

Also, pls dont sign defoe in the summer hes 400 years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Preparations in the city centre for the celebration of our first league title in 18 years. See Spurs, nothing is impossible.