I think Tyrande is going to die

i don´t know if anyone have posted something similar but i think Tyrande is going to die at the end of Legion, i was watching Illidan´s cinematic, and how when he is beaten in the black temple he remembers Cenarius talking about sacrifice and then his final thought is about Tyrande, i think this is foreshadowing that Tyrande is going to die, it will be something like this: Illidan wil be one step away from destroying the legion whether that means he is going to destroy Sargeras or weaken him, or destroy Argus it doesn´t matter, the thing is, he will have to choose about fulfilling his dream or saving Tyrande´s life. the legion´s destruction wil come at the cost of Tyrande´s life, after all, what else could Illidan sacrifice that he hasn´t sacrifice yet, he only cares about Tyrande, the other option is him sacrificing his brother but that would show him as a douche, i think is far more likely that is Tyrande the price he will have to paid in order to destroy the legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I think something like this could possibly happen. It could also become the opposite - He chooses to save Tyrande and we have a BT throwback fight against Illidan as a mini boss or something.

But then again, they used that bit in Nighthold. So we probably won't fight him.
    They used it already in nighthold? when? where?

...wait, if you say mythic only phase or something, that's just gonna make people pissed again. =\

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. Illidan's unrequited love for Tyrande is well-established and has been for over a decade in real-world time. The vast majority of his actions have either been in the hopes of impressing Tyrande enough to win her from Malfurion, to prove to her he isn't the monster others accuse him of being, or to gain the power to fight threats to her safety and well-being. It makes perfect sense that, as he dies, his last thoughts are of her because she has been the lynchpin of his character development from the moment he was introduced into the lore.

It doesn't really need to be foreshadowing anything vis a vis Tyrande's fate in particular. Truth be told, if anything they seem to be setting Sylvanas up for a fall or a heroic sacrifice to redeem herself at the last minute, with the recent focus on Nathanos Blightcaller's relationship with her and his new doubts about her leadership and methods, which continue to become increasingly brutal and misanthropic as the Forsaken get themselves into a worse and worse situation.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    They used it already in nighthold? when? where?

...wait, if you say mythic only phase or something, that's just gonna make people pissed again. =\
    Mythic Gul'dan has you fight a Sargeras-possessed Illidan.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really thought Tyrande was going to die. If anything it just shows Illidan really really like Tyrande and his last thought before his *death* is his love interest.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I never really thought Tyrande was going to die. If anything it just shows Illidan really really like Tyrande and his last thought before his *death* is his love interest.
    that´s why i said "foreshadowing"

7+ Year Old Account
    It is a mythic only phase of the Gul'dan fight. It's not the EXACT same, but he's in demon form and he summons the flames of azzinoth and it's very reminiscent of it.
    I see blizz still has not learnt anything. After posting there i went and check it out. At least mythic appears to be non canon once again, as the cinematic contradicts the fight's ending once more.

Definitely. I can't remember the last time Tyrande made a heroic impact on the lore; she destroyed a bridge back in 2003, then . . . ?

Any balance druid can cast starfall. Tyrande needs a new move or she needs to go.
    Last edited by Hotmail; 2017-05-06 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    I see blizz still has not learnt anything. After posting there i went and check it out. At least mythic appears to be non canon once again, as the cinematic contradicts the fight's ending once more.
    Mythic fights are always canon. Literally the storyline announced with Legion was that Gul'dan is trying to summon Sargeras into Illidan's body, Mythic NH Gul'dan fight resolved that storyline - it's canon. The cinematics, like Dave Kosak said after Archimonde in WoD, are made to appeal to the broader audience and even if the Mythic makes the outcome slightly different, the story remains the same. And no, it's not "gonna make a lot of people angry", just the crybabies, honestly no one has even mentioned anything since Mar'gok in WoD, you're the first one to complain.

Do we have any idea if Archimonde is considered fully dead yet? I don't think they've directly come out and said one way or another towards whether he's dead for good this time, since he dies outside the nether in the normal and heroic version, but the Mythic version, he dies inside the nether, which would mean permadead.
    This one is up in the air and quite a few agree that Archimonde doesn't "die" officially in the Twisting Nether. If he did then Gul'dan would have never been sent to Azeroth. Warlords had the potential to be good when announced then kinda went sour fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno about Tyrande. Imo she's more relevant than Malfurion in terms of potential to DO something. I think all the events in Legion involving Malfurion have been foreshadowing HIS death, especially considering he escaped potential death *again* when we saved him from Xavius.

If any of it does happen though I feel like the sacrifice noted in the Illidan cutscene is either tied to Malfurion or Tyrande and either he's about to die and she saves him but dies herself or vice versa and (if Malf dies) Malfurion tells Illidan to protect her as recompense for his past.

I mean... if they won't kill Thrall (and personally, I have a soft spot for Green Jesus.. so I hope they don't, at least not in Legion as he's basically been non-existent from an Alliance perspective), then I think the next viable candidate should be Malfurion.

Or they can both die. At least then we won't have to deal with more pining in a future expansion when Malfurion fucks up and gets himself into trouble again... "I NEEEEED YOUUUU."

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    If it means no more shitty voice acting then yes please.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Im not sure if the terminology of the word sacrifice actually means SOMEONE dieing, rather SOMETHING dieing. I.e. illidans love for tyrande. Sacrifice can mean a lot of things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    i don´t know if anyone have posted something similar but i think Tyrande is going to die at the end of Legion, i was watching Illidan´s cinematic, and how when he is beaten in the black temple he remembers Cenarius talking about sacrifice and then his final thought is about Tyrande, i think this is foreshadowing that Tyrande is going to die, it will be something like this: Illidan wil be one step away from destroying the legion whether that means he is going to destroy Sargeras or weaken him, or destroy Argus it doesn´t matter, the thing is, he will have to choose about fulfilling his dream or saving Tyrande´s life. the legion´s destruction wil come at the cost of Tyrande´s life, after all, what else could Illidan sacrifice that he hasn´t sacrifice yet, he only cares about Tyrande, the other option is him sacrificing his brother but that would show him as a douche, i think is far more likely that is Tyrande the price he will have to paid in order to destroy the legion.
    i surely hope not it's bad enough we lost ysera.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    If it means no more shitty voice acting then yes please.
    It's the same voice actor from WC3...

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that her voice acting in legion has been like sand paper to the ear drums.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    And thats relevant how? She always had terrible voice.

Or he can just die himself and come back to life again.