Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    If they had just not added new artifact ranks in that last big patch, I wouldn't have any issues with Legion. Even a relatively casual player would have capped multiple artifacts on multiple characters by now. Skill still separates players by way more than which legendary you get, too.
    I am a mage and my friend is a warlock, since launch we have been raiding together always fighting for the top on the meters in each fight, but then suddenly he started pulling ahead from me after he got 2 dps legendaries while i got 2 utility legendaries (It was cool, everytime i blinked i was nearly unkillable) then patch 7.2 hit, the nerf to fire hit, the gap became higher to the point that i stopped caring anymore, he was always top3 while i was at best top 6; but two weeks ago i finally got 2 good dps legendaries and once again i am a contender for the top 3 dps on my raid alongside my warlock friend. So much for the skill>legendaries lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    Yet you're still here reading and commenting about it after you "quit for good". You'll be back.

Your first point is petty, and is far from the first time that's happened.

Your second point you can cry about all you want, but that's how it goes, you deal with what you have, you aren't in the top 5 guilds, your specific legendaries are NOT going to be the reason you fail to do something.

As for your third point, you're clearly still reading here, and if you had any basic math skills you'd realize that the disparity due to new scaling isn't NEARLY as bad as you think it is. For perspective, let's say you get a weapon to trait 52 (the break point atm, all else is icing and less important), you could instead have 2 weapons at 49 or 3 weapons at 48. That may seem like a big-ish difference now, but by the time ToS is released players will have at least 5-6 new AK. As it progresses you'll be even higher. When you get to trait...idk...75 let's say, which is roughly when it'll start being a chore to level higher, you could have 3 weapons at 71, which at that point is meaningless AND by that time, with how easy it is to get legos now you'll have every tool you need.

People need to seriously stop thinking that having multiple weapons will be nearly as large of a burden as it was when the AP scaling from trait to trait was only 5% after 35, instead of the 30% it is now...

If people were forced, once again, to rely upon each other, they'd learn to be less toxic, else they won't get as far as they can skate by now. When a community is emphasized, people will more likely treat others as they would in person rather than knowing that relative anonymity is saving them from consequences.
    I can still frequent this forum even tho I stopped playing wow, this is the first time i have posted in the wow section in months.

And yes anger of the half gient was required to do anything similar to passable single target dps for havoc at launch, not sure if it still is but like I said, too late for me. Not sure why dh only had 2 talent trees anyway/why they made their only dps tree a super specialized one for aoe only, making havoc a bit more of a jack of all trades would have helped.

What i got from the earnings call is that Overwatch is the new flagship Blizzard product.

Oh, yeah, they sell World of Warcraft, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    What i got from the earnings call is that Overwatch is the new flagship Blizzard product.

Oh, yeah, they sell World of Warcraft, too.
    If a product has achieved something spectacular in a year finance wise would you not want it to be a main talking point for investors?

For a 1 year old product to become a billion dollar franchise in one year is pretty impressive. Me personally I'd be bragging about that to investors.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-05-06 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Honestly, you should be happy that they talk about it, negative or not. The day they stop talking about it altogether, that's the day they no longer care about the game.

You have to realise that most people don't actually hate the game. They just dislike the current iteration. They complain because a game they actually love isn't as fun to them any more, due to X/Y/Z change(s).
    truest words ever spoken on this forum. seriously. a true statement written down so plain and simple, even the hardest "haters gonna hate" ppl can understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    I am a mage and my friend is a warlock, since launch we have been raiding together always fighting for the top on the meters in each fight, but then suddenly he started pulling ahead from me after he got 2 dps legendaries while i got 2 utility legendaries (It was cool, everytime i blinked i was nearly unkillable) then patch 7.2 hit, the nerf to fire hit, the gap became higher to the point that i stopped caring anymore, he was always top3 while i was at best top 6; but two weeks ago i finally got 2 good dps legendaries and once again i am a contender for the top 3 dps on my raid alongside my warlock friend. So much for the skill>legendaries lol.
    forget about ppl that didnt get it. everybody with the least exp in organized hc or myth raiding realized since release that the actual class design needs low skill while legendaries, relics, trinkets and AP have a HUGE influence on dps. you can study other raids of your level on warcraftlogs and directly see how their dps get some stuff and go from 7 to 2-3 and so on. this xpac is totally derailed when it comes down to the relationship between skill, gear and grind. its that obvious when you raid regularyly.

Lol... WoW is far from dead. The game needs 2 million sustained players max to still make a marginal profit. 5.5 Million+ (aka "slightly better than WoD") may seem average/low to WoW standards, but that is still HUGE for an MMO. Most games only see the light of 1 million at peak. She ain't going anywhere just yet fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestAnthony View Post
    Lol... WoW is far from dead. The game needs 2 million sustained players max to still make a marginal profit. 5.5 Million+ (aka "slightly better than WoD") may seem average/low to WoW standards, but that is still HUGE for an MMO. Most games only see the light of 1 million at peak. She ain't going anywhere just yet fellas.
    I don't know why I have to keep explaining this but here goes.

Time spent does not equal subscription volume. The "slightly better than WoD" metric is not subscriptions, its engagement (how long someone is staying logged in).

The statement in the earnings call had absolutely nothing to do with subs. Not sure why people think it did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ForrestAnthony View Post
    and thats why they do more maintaining and grinding on this game... instead of going back to the better days of wow...

they probably going to end this with a "legacy" where you can run all old dungeons and raids via timewalking...

the game IS dying... but its a slow death.. and blizzard is preparing for it.... (more and more grinding for the hardcore-nerds and more incentives to pay gold for carrys etc for the casuals who join in once in a while) (even old raids cant be farmed for xmog because you only get 1 item IF YOU ARE LUCKY.. "oh not on your loottable? sorry maybe level a *insert class with the item on the loottable here*" to get a once a week chance or make a group and hope someone gets the item and doesnt want it.) <- just an example for all the other grinding you "have" to do outside of legion content.

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post

Time spent does not equal subscription volume. The "slightly better than WoD" metric is not subscriptions, its engagement (how long someone is staying logged in).

The statement in the earnings call had absolutely nothing to do with subs. Not sure why people think it did.
    Because any chance people get to dump on WoW they do? Thought that was obvious. Oh only slightly better? "Game is dying, sky is falling bla bla bla" I remember when people didn't give a shit about subs or player numbers and just played the game for fun....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post

and why do people like you dont understand that MAUs are not people who are actually playing the game?

why do you think blizzard is pulling people back in every month with some events ?

because all they care is the MAU numbers... and MAUs are not active players...

they earn the same or even more money with less players who are spending MORE money on blizzard games.... and do you really think that is GOOD for a game in the long run? have fun with playing you game online while there are only 100 people online to play with. (extreme example).

thats also why its so dumb of publishers to seperate the playerbase with mappacks and other stuff... because the "whales" going to have less and less people to play with... which results in a worse experience for everybody... = people moving on... (they dont care about the games and the community.. they care about cashing out.. and pulling people back in with "new" stuff until they realize its the same shit over and over.. so they are gone again)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by relaxok View Post
    If they had just not added new artifact ranks in that last big patch, I wouldn't have any issues with Legion. Even a relatively casual player would have capped multiple artifacts on multiple characters by now. Skill still separates players by way more than which legendary you get, too.
    im kinda okay with that, I can stop myself from mindless farming until I reach something...but I do realize this is tailor to people on the edge of addiction and thats shitty business (there is amazing southpark episode about this...)

the reason they did this is that you will have PLENTY of time to complete all of your weapons...does a year of final raid sound enough?

Deleted
    Legion's overall performance is slightly ahead of the prior expansion.
    Vague much? We have no idea what they are talking about here. It might be sales they are talking about or it might be subscribers, I personally would guess that Legion is doing way better than WoD on active subscribers.

wow didn't any of you listen to Ian's video update, Blizzard loves the direction the game is going, they just need to "tune better" , they make no mention on the official forums about 7.2 being disappointing, if you guys think Blizz is getting rid of Ian, think again, I said it on the official forums for months, it's their game, they are doing what they want with it, and as it is not their main source of income , there is no sense of urgency to fix things, Ian even said they loved how the implemented flying this time around

key words here is that Blizzard had no issues with Ian, and they like how things are going, if I have said it once I have said a billion times, you vote with your dollar, and as there are 5 million at least still giving them money to play the game, they are okay with how things are going, you stop playing , then they will notice, but not before

and a word to all the vanilla dreamers, you apparently were not around then, it was a miserable grind if you had no one to play with, the game is nice and stream lined now, the content just sucks

sorry guys , wow isn't dying until you let it die , i dont want it to die i want it to be amazing again

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    = Failure.

You have to remember that at launch and slightly after WoD was considered a huge success because the sub numbers were still every high when they reported them. The problem was that so many people unsubbed when the launch was a colosal failure that it was the second earnings call that they started to get real worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by Baneleaf View Post
    You have to remember that at launch and slightly after WoD was considered a huge success because the sub numbers were still every high when they reported them. The problem was that so many people unsubbed when the launch was a colosal failure that it was the second earnings call that they started to get real worried about.
    you are correct, however, if that would be the case currently, blizzard would rub those numbers in our faces like they did with overwatch or heartstone, but the way message was communicated makes me think that it is FAR worse than some optimists would like to show.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

saying legion is a failure and at the same time cant stop following the game. fuking people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnstableMatter View Post
    Vague much? We have no idea what they are talking about here. It might be sales they are talking about or it might be subscribers, I personally would guess that Legion is doing way better than WoD on active subscribers.

Really? Broken Shore is the pure emptiness itself...I`m on Arathor EU and sometimes (daytime) i play alone on the whole island for 30-40 minutes..then wohoo i can see 1 another player...feel like a single player rpg..Not even Tanaan was so empty, not even at the end of WoD...LFR taking players from 5-8 different realms, just to fill it up...Don`t know anything about asia or america, but EU servers are pretty much dead...

toxic comments here as usual

'end of wow'

'wow is dead'

get a life people

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who the hell needs a group for Torture Chamber?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Really? Broken Shore is the pure emptiness itself...I`m on Arathor EU and sometimes (daytime) i play alone on the whole island for 30-40 minutes..then wohoo i can see 1 another player...feel like a single player rpg..Not even Tanaan was so empty, not even at the end of WoD...LFR taking players from 5-8 different realms, just to fill it up...Don`t know anything about asia or america, but EU servers are pretty much dead...
    I'm playing on EU Ravencrest myself and I see players there all the time. It might just be the server you are playing at that's completely dead.