Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it the right that tosses around the word "snowflake" like they get a royalty for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Personally I don't much give a shit about these sorts of things one way or the other, but I really don't think, "I actually like gay people and everyone knows it" is likely to be a very compelling defense. I'm married to an Asian-American - I'm fairly sure that this doesn't actually give me moral or social license to make distasteful jokes about Asian people and then say, "WTF guys, you all know I love the Asians".
    No, it actually makes an compelling defense, because Colbert as a supporter of the LGBT community probably didn't even mean it homophobically. Most people calling homophobia are conservatives, everyone else just sees a master bitch dynamic.

10+ Year Old Account
    That awkward moment when private companies dont want to put commercials on content on Youtube but this isnt censorship (although technically the FCC is legal) according to T_D, /pol, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Isn't it the right that tosses around the word "snowflake" like they get a royalty for it?
    It's called freaking projection, like comparing the Birthism bullshit Obama had to deal with and Trump's campaign obvious and extensive russian ties.

One is based on racist gut feeling that the right-wing still believes to this day even though they have no god dam proof and any proof they see gets rejected
    The other one, Trumps campaigns Russian ties, gets new revelations every other week

Some people will admit that the birther thing was bullshit but then turn around and call Russian thing the ''left wing birther moment''

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    No, it actually makes an compelling defense, because Colbert as a supporter of the LGBT community probably didn't even mean it homophobically. Most people calling homophobia are conservatives, everyone else just sees a master bitch dynamic.
    It wasn't even homophic because Trump could be a women and the joke would still be the same, maybe not another sexual position (at best) but the core of the comment/joke would be the same ''Trump's is seen as Puttin's bitch''

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    i.e. Pretty much the only people complaining about it being "homophobic" are the same people who throw around gay slurs and homophobic remarks all the time. Crying about Colbert making a Putin x Trump joke where Trump is the bottom and crying that it's "homophobic" is a pretty weak stone for these people to stand on, considering how often they've criticized others for being "too PC".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    This would suggest that anyone using the #firecolbert didn't watch his show in the first place. He should thank those triggered conservatives for the free publicity.
    Colbert is a well known supporter of the LGBTQ community and he didn't turn anti Trump yesterday so conservatives weren't even watching him. That's not even going into the fact that conservatives aren't exactly the champions of gay rights to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    So let me get this straight.

A comedian makes an offensive joke on TV and has to pay a fine.

Donald Trump all but admits to grabbing women by the pussy . . . and becomes the President of the United States?
    #MERICA!

Hell funny seeing hard right wing conservatives crying that Colbert said some mean things, yet they want to get rid of 'political correctness'. Don't they realize they are slamming Colbert with the very thing they want destroyed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    i.e. Pretty much the only people complaining about it being "homophobic" are the same people who throw around gay slurs and homophobic remarks all the time. Crying about Colbert making a Putin x Trump joke where Trump is the bottom and crying that it's "homophobic" is a pretty weak stone for these people to stand on, considering how often they've criticized others for being "too PC".
    This is called "Concern trolling," and it's something people on that side of the fence like to do a lot to try and make those of us who are open-minded look like hypocrites.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Yeah I am triggered by a fascist attempt at censorship over a comedian.
    Colbert is supposed to be a comedian? I thought he was some third rate hack who now thinks he's some kind of political messiah.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Wow, someone is seriously triggered. Was it the implication that Putin likes to have men suck his penis? That's not an insult, it's just a fact of life.
    Nope, he just honestly doesn't make me laugh. Maybe if he had more than one kind of joke(Duurrr reps are teh dumbs!) he'd be more funny.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

So liberals will defend Colbert's comments yet they get offended by Bill o'reilly comment on Maxine water's hair. Surely that is hypocritical is it not? Btw who cares what he says about people (o'relliy) his job was to criticize what he viewed as wrong and make comments not be nice.
    I can apply the same to Colbert except that trump is whats keeping him afloat otherwise he would've been out of the job months ago.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got it, you think only people who make you laugh qualify as comedians. I guess you're the Lord of Comedy and all must bow before your judgement.
    that is the job of a comedian, to make one laugh. Sorry your golden boy is bad at his job, but that's no reason to trigger yourself so far into the deep end. Also, I prefer Comedy Czar, it's better because alliteration.

Quote Originally Posted by putridegaming View Post
    Btw who cares what he says about people (o'relliy) his job was to criticize what he viewed as wrong and make comments not be nice.
    I can apply the same to Colbert except that trump is whats keeping him afloat otherwise he would've been out of the job months ago.
    yeah except you forget the part about good old Bill sexually harassing women for years and fox paying millions of dollars to cover it up, you know details.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Nope, he just honestly doesn't make me laugh. Maybe if he had more than one kind of joke(Duurrr reps are teh dumbs!) he'd be more funny.
    Maybe if Trump stopped feeding him material he'd find a different joke?

I find him refreshing. After reading about yet another stupid thing Trump said, the fact that Colbert can twist it into a joke keeps me sane.

And he takes his potshots at Democrats, but honestly, with all the political drama lately, the Democrats are a tenth the insanity that's coming from Trump and Ryan and the rest.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    that is the job of a comedian, to make one laugh. Sorry your golden boy is bad at his job, but that's no reason to trigger yourself so far into the deep end. Also, I prefer Comedy Czar, it's better because alliteration.
    Seems you're not his target audience then.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Maybe if Trump stopped feeding him material he'd find a different joke?

I find him refreshing. After reading about yet another stupid thing Trump said, the fact that Colbert can twist it into a joke keeps me sane.
    it's already a joke when it tumbles from the tangerine lips of the mighty god emperor of 'MURICA! Why do you need someone to spoonfeed it to you?

Whats the issue?

People have a right to free speech, that's a two direction street. If Colbert says something that offends a significant portion of the population, they have the right to voice their grievance and let the broadcast networks know that they are going to boycott advertisers Etc Etc.

I don't watch Colbert personally, but I do find his remarks to be over the top. There is a line between being critical of a president and just being outright insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Whats the issue?

People have a right to free speech, that's a two direction street. If Colbert says something that offends a significant portion of the population, they have the right to voice their grievance and let the broadcast networks know that they are going to boycott advertisers Etc Etc.
    I agree with this.

Whatever happened to "if you don't like it, turn it off"?
    Putin khuliyo

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a joke when the President makes serious statements like he does, it's depressing. Comedians turn that shit into jokes and we can all laugh instead of crying. I get that you don't have much of a sense of humor and only "laugh" to show disdain, but c'mon kid...
    whoah man, 3edgy5me. I laugh at things I find funny. Viciously insulting someone and then scrambling to save your ass by saying it's just a joke isn't funny. Leary, Carlin, Black can all pull it off because they insult EVERYONE, these "comedians" on late night are just one sided hacks who look for an excuse to insult anyone who doesn't grovel at their party's feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Whats the issue?

I don't watch Colbert personally, but I do find his remarks to be over the top. There is a line between being critical of a president and just being outright insulting.
    The issue is getting the FCC involved when it's not obscene cause it has a political commentary aspect to it.

This is people getting offended then running to the evil government to smack Colbert. The same givt they don't want censoring any right wing material