View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on hearthing to ANY Inn you've unlocked?

Voters
169. This poll is closed
  • Love it

30 17.75%
  • Like it

23 13.61%
  • Dislike it

43 25.44%
  • Hate it

73 43.20%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    It's not necessary to make travel more convenient, it's already plenty convenient.

I do like SWTOR's quick travel system but that game also doesn't have flying, and also has planets which you have to manually travel to. It's both more and less tedious at times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorecien View Post
    This just isn't true. It would require way more programming than you may believe it to take. Look:

1. Right-click Hearthstone item in bags
    2. Brings up a map
    3. Click through the map to find the zone you want
    4. Click innkeeper icon to hearth to that inn

This would take a considerable amount of effort. The original Hearthstone spell code wasn't originally written to work this way. The idea is cool, but I needed to ensure that you understood that this would take a bit more effort than you implied.
    Hearthstone already exists in game
    World map already exists in game with tiny houses representing Inns
    You can click through a map now
    You can hover over an inn to see which town it is now

The ONLY change is when you click the little house icon, your hearthstone is triggered and you see a loading screen (both of which, also already in the game). So there is one change.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorecien View Post
    You would visit WPL first, and there is a mage in Booty Bay that provides a portal directly to WPL.

Final decision: It would be a cool feature for a new Hearthstone that you get ONE charge (use) on. It would be super inconvenient for the current Hearthstone.

Update: I do believe that the main Hearthstone, Dalaran Hearthstone, and Garrison Hearthstone need to be rolled into one, or some other solution needs to happen. If we continue to receive Hearthstones every expansion, we're in trouble. :b
    WPL was an example. Someone might rather quest in Arathi Highlands, or maybe Silithus. Then again, instead of grinding dungeons, maybe they want to pop into Feralas or Thousand Needles. As for the hearthstone each expac, we simply need a Hearthstone button like the ones mages use for porting or making portals. Click it, it expands, pick which one to activate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    No, it's supposed to be a WORLD.

There are already more than plenty methods of fast travel

You can even fly now, there is no need for it.
    Not much else that needs to be said.

WoW is supposed to feel like you're in a big world. Add instant traveling and that feeling will go away. It'll become a series of loading screens. This is actually why I sometimes rather make the journey than fast traveling in single player open world games. In games like Skyrim, Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Zelda Breath of the Wild you never know what you'll run into or what you'll find along the way. Also because I want to feel like I'm in that world. Once in a while I'll use fast travel if it's something I forgot or just want to clear up real quick but majority of the time I'm traveling the old fashioned way.

Plus, as was already said, WoW already has ways of traveling quickly throughout the world. If you're that lazy that you can't even be bothered to make the trip then find something else because WoW isn't for you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triforcewolf View Post
    Not much else that needs to be said.

WoW is supposed to feel like you're in a big world. Add instant traveling and that feeling will go away. It'll become a series of loading screens. This is actually why I sometimes rather make the journey than fast traveling in single player open world games. In games like Skyrim, Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Zelda Breath of the Wild you never know what you'll run into or what you'll find along the way. Also because I want to feel like I'm in that world. Once in a while I'll use fast travel if it's something I forgot or just want to clear up real quick but majority of the time I'm traveling the old fashioned way.

Plus, as was already said, WoW already has ways of traveling quickly throughout the world. If you're that lazy that you can't even be bothered to make the trip then find something else because WoW isn't for you.
    Fortunately, lazy in not in my vocabulary. As someone who waited until Pandaria to get the Explorer Title, and complete close to 11k quests, I enjoy the game just as it sits. Again, it was just an idea to revamp an existing item in our bags.

Quote Originally Posted by God Among Men View Post
    The ONLY change is when you click the little house icon, your hearthstone is triggered and you see a loading screen (both of which, also already in the game). So there is one change.
    This just won't ever happen. They took away "learn flight paths as you level" because they wanted new players to explore the world. If they haven't allowed veteran accounts to learn flight paths as they level, then they probably will not add something like this, either.

Deleted
    The only thing I would like at this point is a teleportation tool to every expansion major capital that can be accessed for a steep cost. Thats the only point where I believe fast travel is justified, we can already teleport to most capitals from cities so why not extend that?

At this point I think this could be nice as we have so many expansions and it would be great if you could easily visit those... although Dalaran does help a lot with that.

Outside of that, no thanks.

Love it. I love it in GW2 and would love it here.