Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For progression HoD will let you focus on mechanics more. Manually application sims slightly higher and gives you a gcd to move with. Once you have the fight hard wired I think it's best to switch to manual but HoD is never a bad choice...

I do feel like Demo (all lock) spec shouldn't be paying a shard for a cooldown. It is already throttled by cooldown duration. This will hurt destro a ton due to its shard slow down coming up. Our cool downs aren't that powerful to begin with.

Darkglare feels like he needs to be full time pet or compress his damage to be 4'ish seconds of burst AoE.

Speaking of AoE implosion needs a passive of the imps suicide automatically when they die. Keep the on use, maybe a small cooldown for the on use? (30 seconds and you get X shards) As it sits implosion is so weak and you just don't make shards fast enough to feed the implosion cycle....ID will beat it in practice.

Oh, and can demo get some resource recapture like shadowburn or UA+drain soul? I favor if something dies with doom on it you get a shard. Wouldn't change raid numbers much at all, but would be an amazing quality of life change.

Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    SC and HoD don't share a tier. You're thinking of PT.

You can take HoD instead of PT. It's not a huge deal. PT is slightly better but HoD is a lot less annoying. I personally take PT for the majority of fights because I'm used to re-applying Doom at this point.
    Yeah what I meant was : I don't like SC as a whole but I know it brings more dps. And my question was "could I keep HoD while taking SC or is SC only worth taking with PT?" which the three of you answered =)

Maybe i wasn't clear enough sorry !

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Yeah what I meant was : I don't like SC as a whole but I know it brings more dps. And my question was "could I keep HoD while taking SC or is SC only worth taking with PT?" which the three of you answered =)

Maybe i wasn't clear enough sorry !
    Yes you can.

I was really enjoying playing demo but the first legendary I got is KJBW... It feels so terrible

Quote Originally Posted by l10f View Post
    I was really enjoying playing demo but the first legendary I got is KJBW... It feels so terrible
    Why? Atleast you got a damage one, my first 2 were portal pants and Prydaz (prefix) I just got Recurrent Ritual as my sixth legendary.

Portal pants + boots here. Now I ve the shoulders, Wilfred and Sin Dorei. But yeah the first ones were just terrible. As @Inshabel says, at least is a dmg one.

first one was norgannon then sin dorei then prydaz and then sephuz. I love the boots.

Homophobia is so gay.

I can see how bad it was for people in the early days of legion when legendaries like prydaz were absolute garbage. Legendaries are much better balanced now, but KJBW is the worst performing legendary except an unprocced sephuz.. Non-dps legendaries like portal pants or boots give you more DPS due to the raw stats and a ton of utility compared to KJ.. The trinket is probably the worst demo legendary out of all 10.

Quote Originally Posted by l10f View Post
    I can see how bad it was for people in the early days of legion when legendaries like prydaz were absolute garbage. Legendaries are much better balanced now, but KJBW is the worst performing legendary except an unprocced sephuz.. Non-dps legendaries like portal pants or boots give you more DPS due to the raw stats and a ton of utility compared to KJ.. The trinket is probably the worst demo legendary out of all 10.
    That a fact? Hmm, sounds like I should sim more, KJBW outperforms reap and sow for Affli according to my last sims.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    That a fact? Hmm, sounds like I should sim more, KJBW outperforms reap and sow for Affli according to my last sims.
    KJBW sims a couple ten thousand dps higher then Prydaz for me, offcourse that might just be because I'm affli mainspec and the trinket I replaced it with is a 865 Metronome...

Did the wrathgaurd glyph get fixed yet? When they adjusted the damage its mortal cleave wasnt hitting bosses. I'd like to use it but not going to sacrifice raid damage for looks lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Did the wrathgaurd glyph get fixed yet? When they adjusted the damage its mortal cleave wasnt hitting bosses. I'd like to use it but not going to sacrifice raid damage for looks lol.
    I've made a tichet and a GM told me it has been fixed on 5th april.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, I have a few questions. I've got Wilfred and Kazzak and use DC/ID/HoD/DB talents. I'm trying, well hoping, to get Recurrent ritual and when I get it I want to make sure I'm doing things right.

1. I suppose Recurrent will replace Kazzak for ST fights, since Kazzak is really good on cleave?
    2. Once I replace it, should I get improved dreadstalkers? It makes more sense since it summons tons of imps for Wilfred and with the ToS 2pc bonus it's going to scale even more. Then again, that bonus set will have Kazzak scale, too.
    3. I can't imagine but why does Shadowbolt cost more mana than Demonbolt? Since DB is obviously a better ability.
    4. SI/SC build. How is the rotation on this? Do you always DE->SB and spam it like so and never cast SB? Then use shards for Dreadstalkers on cooldown and imps whenever? I find it doing less damage with my curent items and with the DC/DB build and not only that but it uses A TON of mana. I think HoD is too good to pass on, maybe because I got Kazzak. That will probably change with Recurrent. I've been reading in the thread that this SI/SC build does more dps but I might do things wrong because it does less for me.

Pretty horrible that every build there are no changes to the unplayable demon talents.

Just destro and affli deserves attention. I expect demon will be removed from the game soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Pretty horrible that every build there are no changes to the unplayable demon talents.

Just destro and affli deserves attention. I expect demon will be removed from the game soon.
    Please replace it with WoD/MoP Demo plzkthnxbye

Well it's nice to see they are really going out of their way to replace/tweak the always picked talents in demo, like they said they were going to do. Good ol Blizz really sticking to their guns.

Also inb4 the new legendary talent ring doesn't give us a damage buffing talent but a survivability talent.
    Last edited by Drakile; 2017-05-10 at 06:51 AM.

Armory^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Please replace it with WoD/MoP Demo plzkthnxbye
    Legion Demo is way better than Wod/MoP demo ever was, good riddance to that junk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Legion Demo is way better than Wod/MoP demo ever was, good riddance to that junk.
    The 100% crit trinket from ToT for Demo, made it easily the best spec of all classes, if played properly.
    In WoD/BRF, Demo was also easily the best spec all-round, if u had 2pc (which gave an extra HoG, and in Meta the instant hard hitting ability, which i cant remember now)
    Also, probably a personal preference, but it was WAAAAAAAAAY more fun rotations. God i miss Soul Fire and Meta... And immolation aura.. RiP bois

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripfull View Post
    The 100% crit trinket from ToT for Demo, made it easily the best spec of all classes, if played properly.
    Yeah, and it was horrible to wait this 4 seconds timing and miss it because of a boss ability / mistake.
    I really loved the beginning of WoD with DemonBolt + 1 minute cd soul harvest : a heavy burst every minutes felt so good

What i miss the most : to feel powerful when unleashing all your demonic energy.
    And demonic leap

Now, we got 3 turret spec spamming the same rotation again and again and demono is the worst ...

Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post
    Yeah, and it was horrible to wait this 4 seconds timing and miss it because of a boss ability / mistake.
    I really loved the beginning of WoD with DemonBolt + 1 minute cd soul harvest : a heavy burst every minutes felt so good

What i miss the most : to feel powerful when unleashing all your demonic energy.
    And demonic leap

Now, we got 3 turret spec spamming the same rotation again and again and demono is the worst ...
    Demonbolt spec was quite fun.

I know the other specs are getting all the attention beyond that nerf to infernal furnace and buff to HoG, but would it really be so hard to polish demo some? Clearly they have not forgotten since we made the radar for tier nerfs.

If you have been playing with sims you are seeing conduit builds are outscaling dbolt. Dbolt has big haste scaling but conduit has haste and mastery overscaling. It also pushes dbolt out of its single target niche. Also puts synergy out of a job for awhile. As a pet spec it makes sense our pets scale better than our spells but we are due for a rebalance. At some point they will need to buff dbolt or what would make more sense to me is buff shadowbolt. That would be a negligible single target (shadowbolt is what...sub 10% dmg done) increase but it would buff darkglare and dbolt which (as I understand it) scale off shadowbolt. As it is I am almost certain shadowbolt is the lowest dpet in the game.

AoE is iffy for demo and a buff to demonwrath alone would push shadowbolt out of the rotation (speaks to how floppy cock shadowbolt is tuned but I digress...) so if they gave dbolt its single target back via shadowbolt as suggested above you could have AoE wiggle room. Demo needs an advantage vs other lock specs or why should it be played?

Still feel like implosion needs a passive auto explode added. As it stands the talent has no application in any level of raiding or 5 mans where you can't carry imps between pulls and you lose a ton of damage blowing them early. Also like the auto explode since the optimal use involves fractional second timing/add-on use which seems to be a thing they were getting rid of... That would let impending doom have it's spread pressure/all around niche, improved dreadstalkers have its ST niche, and auto explode imps have a cleave niche.

As for CD demons costing shards I still am against it since they are already throttled by cooldown timer. More of a problem for post t19 affliction and 7.2.5 destruction but it should be uniform as those cooldown are pretty low intensity since they are delivering their gain over 25 seconds. The inherent weakness of a 25 second cooldown versus a short duration is obvious....compare eye beam to darkglare.

Not trying to reinvent the wheel just rebalance things that are starting to tip out of balance as ilvl and content evolve/grow...fixes like this are far easier and predictable than waiting until things are a hot mess and have to retune the whole kit (hai destro and aff).

The Grimoires round is impossible to balance. Same to the lvl 100 one.

All the Grimoires should be deleted and replaced by a much easier things to balance: Dreadguard, dealing a lot of monotarget damage in a short time; some kind of uber-infernal, dealing massive aoe dmg in a short time too; and the third one being the Deathglare, and should be permanent.

Here you have a single target/burst talent, an aoe talent and a sustained cleave and multitarget damage.

But it will never happen. We will be with this shitty round of talents for years.

Same goes for lvl 100 round. Deathglare should be replaced with a permanent succubus pet. Demonbolt should be a massive nuke like in the last expansion. Here u have a choice of sustained monotarget or nuke. And soul conduit... well soul conduit is really impossible to balance.
    Last edited by Shandalar; 2017-05-10 at 10:45 PM.