Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nothing.

If it's wow 2, I want to be feel like it's new. Leave everything behind for a fresh start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Fortune cards, is that so you can vendor them and have a head start at making gold? I'm surprised no items hold any sentimental value to you.
    Sentimental value drops after 5-10 years. Mostly cause the people you played with quitting. Some because they just cant keep up with the times pixels wise. And frankly the last couple expansions I haven't made any new sentimental items, not like it was years ago at least.

Just read this thread. lots of people saying benediction, nobody saying the challenge artifact appearance. while they are as similar as you can get these days.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-05-06 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Then you had no reason at all to post in this thread, yet you still did.

@OP

Hmm. I guess it would entirely depend on what WoW 2 was going to be. If it's just WoW with better graphics on a better engine and nothing else really changes, I'd go with what the guy/gal on page one said about 30 slot bags, plus my Dartol's Rod of Transformation, because the original is so much better than the garbage one they created more recently. So 15 30 slot bags + the wand. I can just farm everything else over again, I have no issues with that. No point in bringing any current gear as things are going to change. The things I'm most proud of in WoW are achievements and events that I've completed myself. Unfortunately you can't put those in bags :-)

I suppose I should have fleshed out this hypothetical further, lol. I envision a WoW 2 as a new story, new setting, better engine/graphics, and starting from nothing as a simple adventurer again. Blizzard says they won't support WoW 1 anymore and announces this new WoW 2. Everyone freaks out and says "but muh pixels" and then Blizzard's like, "Fine, you can bring whatever you can fit in your backpack."

It should be noted that since this is an entirely new setting, nothing will carry over to the new game aside from what you bring with you. So there's no going, "I'll just farm it all again."

Does that change things?

1) Anathema
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    Paladin Tier 7(25m)
    The Turning Tide
    Voice of Reason
    Barricade of Eternity
    Argent Charger
    Charger
    Azure Netherwing Drake
    Red Proto-drake
    Libram of Renewal
    Symbol of Kings
    I respect your last two choices, especially. I found it hard to not take some Arcane Powder or a Rune of Teleportation on my Mage. It sounds like WoTLK was your golden era, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    I like this topic. It would break my heart too much to try to figure out the answer though, lol.
    Aww lol. I understand that, but surely some items are the cream of your crop?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quibble View Post
    Mounts aren't items in your bag.. How would you manage this feat?
    They used to be items you had to carry, so I've made an exception. Plus I know how many mount collectors there are (including myself), so I had to rejigger for all those concerned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fozuum View Post
    I probably forget about it take whatever is in my backpack.
    A true free spirit. Not even one item stands above the rest?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    since all the shit is accountwide, ill simply bring 10 new accounts to wow 2 and merge them there

/thread
    Hey! Keep your logic out of my thread lol. Assuming nothing is accountwide and the only things that will transfer over is what you bring on your back. Now what's your answer?

Shadowmourne, DK T10.5 (blue), Invicible, Tabard of the Ebon Blade + my frost Artifact so I can grind some more AP in the next game and some artifact research notes WoW-Tokens(just to be on the safe side).

Edit: Also probably haunted memento.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2017-05-06 at 05:16 PM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Say Blizzard announces a WoW 2, noting that nothing will carry over.
    Done, and never bothering to play it ever.

12 years and they give me 16 slots, of which I already vendored all my important mog? What's the point?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    everyone would dedicate one slot to a water strider and you all know it.
    I guess I'd be jumping through the water like a pleb compared to you :P At least Deathknights, Shamans, and..oh sorry Warlocks, can save a spot and not bring one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Done, and never bothering to play it ever.

12 years and they give me 16 slots, of which I already vendored all my important mog? What's the point?
    I bet there'd be alot of this response, but just for the sake of the idea, what would you bring? (you can un-vendor your important mog items in my hypothetical).

A hearthstone tied to a wow location not in wow2, maybe i can trick the game into teleporting me into wow 1 and slowly move stuff over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Spirit of competition,
    Invincible
    Onyixa reins,
    Crimson Reins,
    Glaive 1
    Glaive 2
    Shadowmourne,
    Sulfurus
    Haunted memento
    Eye of Shadow
    The AV tabard, worked my ass off to get that back in the day
    Signet ring of the bronze dragonflight (have this on the dk, so I consider worthy to bring )
    Tabard of the scarlet crusade
    Black War Tiger - first ever 100% mount I ever perched my backside on - pretty funny actually friends helped me for weeks to do the quest line, and the moment it was completed and grated to me, they were expecting the pally mount, kind of worked up to a big moment and I popped the tiger, vent was full of giggles. Good memories,
    Onyx Netherwing - My first flying mount that was properly mine,

My last item I'm annoyed about as its not in my banks, so it appears to have been removed from the game... I had the dragon head from the twilight grove, once again it was on my DK, so when that boss got removed from the game I was quite happy having that. I just logged in now to check its name, and its gone *cries*

Edit:

If I can have the above item thats been removed, then possibly one of the quest items from the warlock quest to summon the mount
    Haunted Memento, nice. Shame they nerfed it, but it's funny thinking that that bastard of a shade would find his way into WoW 2 thanks to you. Very cool choices about your AV tabard, and mounts. I know those feels, so respect.

P.S. Sorry for your loss. I had completely forgotten that the Green Dragons dropped a quest item. Was it the Nightmare Engulfed Object?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    -something that vendors for a lot of gold, at least 5000g orso. gold will be limited early so AH won't help you much.
    -items which increase gathering speed.
    -that mount that lets you gather mounted.
    -mount with vendors on it.
    -flying mount (tho lets be honest wow2 wouldnt have have flying)
    -maybe waterwalking mount, probably not.
    -at least one 30+ slot bag. (depending on new inventory system)
    -probably rainbow generator.
    -maybe some toys with QoL value.
    -maybe a transmog set if it was available as a ensemble
    Your bag sounds like a swiss-army knife of min-maxing, and then rainbow generator. Got a good chuckle out of that What transmog set means the most to ya?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M2t View Post
    Mog and 1 mount, that`s all i need.
    Some bag slots to spare! You must like traveling light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Nothing. After 9 years playing without ever having a lapsed sub, WOW2 would be my way out. Fuck them catering to an audience which doesn't even want to play WoW but are hoping to recapture some "magic" in WoW with a different engine...

WoW2 will never happen though, so I'll probs keep going another 9 years without a lapsed sub.
    Didn't mean to warrant this sort of response with an innocent hypothetical! I don't think it'll happen either, but this is a hypothetical afterall. If you were to bring a Backpack, what would it have in it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Invincible, Mimiron's Head, Swift Zulian Tiger

And head/shoulder/chest/gloves of my favorite tmog sets

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Nothing.

If it's wow 2, I want to be feel like it's new. Leave everything behind for a fresh start.
    I respect that. Not an easy task for a great many people. There's nothing special to you that would be difficult for you to leave behind?

Quote Originally Posted by daenerys View Post
    Nothing, I'd stop playing both WoW and Wow2, if they did a WoW2.
    Agreed. Luckily the closest thing to WoW 2 we will get was BC, then we got WoW 3 with Wrath.......
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Sentimental value drops after 5-10 years. Mostly cause the people you played with quitting. Some because they just cant keep up with the times pixels wise. And frankly the last couple expansions I haven't made any new sentimental items, not like it was years ago at least.

Just read this thread. lots of people saying benediction, nobody saying the challenge artifact appearance. while they are as similar as you can get these days.
    It can, yes. Some of my items remind me of the people I once played with that have long since quit though. There'll always be value to me in that regard.

Lot of truth in the bolded part as well. Meaningfulness as it pertains to items seems to have some age attached to it for many.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    1) Anathema
    Jeez, lots of old-school Priests around these parts. Just Anathema, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Shadowmourne, DK T10.5 (blue), Invicible, Tabard of the Ebon Blade + my frost Artifact so I can grind some more AP in the next game and some artifact research notes WoW-Tokens(just to be on the safe side).

Edit: Also probably haunted memento.
    Assuming Artifact Power doesn't carry over, what would you slot instead of the research notes/artifact? You should just learn the tokens to save space, or is there nothing else you'd want to bring? And another memento bringer, interesting! I couldn't find room for mine.

I hope if there is another WoW that it is in no way connected to the original (carrying over characters achievements any of that, not story wise)

But in the case we could bring a backpack of items I would bring my Lok / Rhok from my first character, as it was my first real big achievement completed in WoW. Other than that, fill the rest of the inv with experience pots :P

Quote Originally Posted by alahard View Post
    A hearthstone tied to a wow location not in wow2, maybe i can trick the game into teleporting me into wow 1 and slowly move stuff over.
    Sneaky, sneaky! Assuming that wouldn't work, got any other items you'd bring?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Invincible, Mimiron's Head, Swift Zulian Tiger

And head/shoulder/chest/gloves of my favorite tmog sets
    Great choices of mounts. And I see you wouldn't bring any boots... are you a fellow Troll too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    I hope if there is another WoW that it is in no way connected to the original (carrying over characters achievements any of that, not story wise)

But in the case we could bring a backpack of items I would bring my Lok / Rhok from my first character, as it was my first real big achievement completed in WoW. Other than that, fill the rest of the inv with experience pots :P
    Agreed on your first point, although what an uproar that'd cause.

Lok/Rhok is a very special combo to bring, indeed. I remember griefing opposite faction Hunters by attacking the elite demons And XP pots! Another min/maxer foregoing sentimentality for some sweet, sweet EXP. Interesting choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    why would you assume wow 2 is automatically something that has to be worth it : P before copying some items over, I'll make sure I'm actually interested first
    even as of today, I would rather play everquest 1 than everquest 2, dunno, I got a better feeling in eq1 for instance

Sneaky, sneaky! Assuming that wouldn't work, got any other items you'd bring?

- - - Updated - - -

The dark Legacy Comic where they found how to fill bags up with bags filled with bags filled with.....

In all honesty 32 slot bags in my backpack so i will never have inventory problems in wow 2

7+ Year Old Account
    If realistic backpack that can really only contain items we currently have... (and are in item form)
    Every single legendary over the expansions (no screw the legion oranges)
    Swapblaster
    My artifact weapons (all 3 specs, so I don't have to refarm this shit)
    Biggest artifact knowledge compendium (So i get that extreme headstart when they get back to legion)
    Windfury totem harness (the shoulders on windfury mop cmode)
    Remaining slots can be used for those 500k bags that are sold in legion so I have bag space in WoW2

Stack up or you get no heals! || Water control perfect, still can't attack with it
    Signature by Winter Blossom

A couple of legendaries that are equipable by confirmed class in wow2, favorite to. Gold cap since it displays on backpack :P

That's all i'd need, start out a major twink char.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"