Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Flying, Legendary & Alts

The game has finally come together for a player like myself who is an alt-a-holic. WoD was an amazing expansion for alts, super alt friendly .. Hit 100, purchase rep/PvP gear currency and voila you are all caught up and ready to rock and roll ..

Legion was designed to not be so alt friendly right out of the gate .. Some patches latter and we have flying as well as crafted legendary items and questing in the Broken Isle is actually fun now .. Mainly for the flying part though ..

The gaming experience improvement with flying is seriously huge and while in a positive way, I can't help but wonder if others also felt a huge increase in positive gaming experience both on mains (WQ) as well as alts with flying?

10+ Year Old Account
    Flight was just a convenience change for the easier living. Was already easy enough to have alts if you aren't a completionist.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I sure did! Now I can also level all my alts together and gear them up even before 110 with invasions, 3-4 times a week or w/e how many I get to do.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Leveling with flying, invasions and questing is all find and dandy. Once you get to 110 grinding AP on all your alts and keeping up is a pain the huge butt. I wanted to go for a 6th 110 but goddam i feel like a hamster on a wheel doing all WQ for my toons and not missing out. It kinda sux >.<

I only came back for the Warsong Scramble. My DH will use her daily WQ completion ability to do a Broken shore quest once a day, after the 12 days for the quest, i'll be close to having flying. It's not a priority at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gdr441 View Post
    Once you get to 110 grinding AP on all your alts and keeping up is a pain the huge butt. I wanted to go for a 6th 110 but goddam i feel like a hamster on a wheel doing all WQ for my toons and not missing out. It kinda sux >.<
    Then..... Don't? It's just an alt, you don't neeeeeeed to do it all the time. As long as you have the original traits filled, which is super fast due to the AK books, and maaaaybe some of the new traits, then that is all you really need for AP. The rest can literally wait until you have higher AK and gain more AP for your effort. It's what I do and it makes me relax so much more, offline as well as ingame. I don't have to rush through to finish one set only to repeat it on the next and the next. I can actually DO stuff, other than farming, because of the AK catch-up. Your alts being a few traits behind will literally not make a difference at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Then..... Don't? It's just an alt, you don't neeeeeeed to do it all the time. As long as you have the original traits filled, which is super fast due to the AK books, and maaaaybe some of the new traits, then that is all you really need for AP. The rest can literally wait until you have higher AK and gain more AP for your effort. It's what I do and it makes me relax so much more, offline as well as ingame. I don't have to rush through to finish one set only to repeat it on the next and the next. I can actually DO stuff, other than farming, because of the AK catch-up. Your alts being a few traits behind will literally not make a difference at this point.
    i agree.
    The "need" is overstated, as well as complaints that it isn't sufficiently easy the second time around.
    With AK you are getting it quicker than you did the first time, but apparently that is not easy enough.
    Look at how we were so happy with the WoD catchup, a slightly higher drop rate of quest items.
    Now we whine about getting AP at a vastly improved rate, many times greater than that quest drop increase.

So what if in 2 months your alt doing a fraction of the work is not as progressed as your main which was working on it for 5 times longer.
    The casuals are always accused of demanding instant gratification, so what the hell is that if not the same.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-06 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Went from two 110 alts i didnt play before 7.2 (and getting flying) to having eleven 110 alts (one char of every class) that I rotate through to get gear, do the class quests ect. Working on gettting all their 3rd relic slots and maxxed order hall progress atm. With 700 bloods on my main I was able to buy a lot of order hall respurces to get some of them to the 2nd to last order hall "rank" and the rest to having the one that lets them equip 2 legendaries.

Got all the xp for the other 9 (were lvl 100 before 7.2) through xp order hall missions and invasions using the lfg tool to make each really fast. (probably about 4 hours each to get from 100-110.

Legion has become much friendlier for alts. If invasions were the only thing you used to level a character you could probably go 100-110 in 4, maybe 5 hours at most of /played time, which is about half of doing it the traditional way. Add in things like flying and craftable legendaries and yeah, it's pretty quick, even without invasion boost. And once you do your broken shore quests, you can easily buy yourself a complete set of dauntless gear to get yourself over ilvl 850 doing almost nothing extra. The only thing that can be a bit of a drag is getting all your class hall stuff done, especially gearing up followers and stuff.

As for AK, if you've been keeping up with it on at least one character you'll have AK 35 by the end of this upcoming week which means instant 30 for all your alts once they hit max which is a huge boost over 25/26; with that you could feasibly reach your 4th golden trait within 24 hours or less of hitting 110, which is pretty crazy.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2017-05-06 at 06:37 PM.

For me its a good time to work on alts, not gonna go crazy with AP on my main until AK 50, have had herioc nh on farm for months, and my raid group is crz and havent found a mythic group that raids when I can so theres not much to be gained there until tos comes out anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    For many, to be able to enjoy the game, they need to play alts. Variety of classes (change), is what keeps them interested.
    I totally get that, I am on of those people too. But you do not NEED them to be within 1% of the performance of your main. You CAN be a couple of traits behind all the time and it will not be a problem. Because:

Instant 30 on alts? I thought it only gave you up to 25.
    For every 5 AK levels you get access to a new and better book that gives your alt a catch-up to 5 levels behind you. When our max was 30, the book was covering 1-25. When we reach 35, the book changes to 1-30. When we hit 50, the book will be 1-45, which is the final in the current set. So even if you slack on your alt research, the moment your main hits the next fifth level, you can just buy a new book if you want to and they'll be able to catch up on AP even faster.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2017-05-06 at 09:56 PM.

Alts in Legion require more attention than in previous expacs, but other than that yeah it's pretty easy to keep up alts now.

Deleted
    I'm at AK level 48 on my main and the Artifact Research volume still says only up to level 25.
    No, you may be at TRAIT 48, which is the number on your artifact page, but if you hover the mouse over that number, you will see it says Total Ranks Purchased: 48 on the top line and then below it, Artifact Knowledge Level: 33 (in my case).

AK 48 is not possible at the moment.

Deleted
    Okay, yeah, it says 33. But I still can't seem to find anything that confirms the book goes up. Can you link a source, please?
    Nothing official, but all the books were datamined. So all we have to go off right now, is that. But why make the books if they aren't available? And considering that Blizzard WANTS us to catch up, I and most others are confident that the next in line will pop up next week. Here's a snippet from Wowhead on the subject.

You do not need to purchase the lower-tier compendiums to "unlock" the higher tier ones. As your Artifact Knowledge improves, better-quality compendiums will be available to purchase.

For a practical example of how this works:
    A character that is Artifact Knowledge 15 can purchase a Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I & II. This is sent to a fresh 110 alt who only had one Knowledge Work Order complete. The alt then uses Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I & II to get the remaining 9 levels to hit Artifact Knowledge 10. The fresh alt would then work towards 15 by completing Knowledge is Power, and then after 15, the alt would receive regular Work Orders.

In Patch 7.2, players can send higher level compendiums to alts, as the Artifact Knowledge cap goes up to level 50: Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-IX, Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VIII, Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VII, Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-VI, Artifact Research Compendium: Volumes I-V
    http://www.wowhead.com/artifact-knowledge-guide

The AK 15 example is obviously from before the 7.2 catch-up of buying level 25, but you get the idea.

Deleted
    I mean, unless I'm reading this wrong, it's still only showing the max at 25 (Volumes I-V). It's not stating it will increase.
    "In Patch 7.2, players can send higher level compendiums to alts"..........

Deleted
    (Volumes I-V)
    Just to opdate this and confirm that higher level compendiums are in... Compendium I-VI is now available for those of us at AK35.