Thread: Fel Paladins?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fel Paladins?

Alright, so this'll sound weird but I was wondering if anyone else likes to pretend their paladin has joined the burning legion, like the warden did (honestly I can't remember names and am also kinda lazy to look it up right now), during part of the Azsuna quest chain. I know there isn't any glyphs (yet, really hoping they eventually add more variety for those) that let me have fel flames for my consecration or judgements yet, but I think I've got a neat look going on so far... as well as a cheesy name :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norsewind View Post
    Alright, so this'll sound weird but I was wondering if anyone else likes to pretend their paladin has joined the burning legion
    I do not, but mostly because I do not think in RP style. The only thing your setup makes me think is that you are using the armaments of the Legion against themselves, not working for them. Despite being a Belf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Tyrant Velhari would be the go-to NPC to emulate:

She was a Draenic Vindicator who joined the Sargerei and turned to Shadow and Fel magics. The NPC you are talking about in Aszuna was Cordana Felsong (who originally showed up in WoD):

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I do not, but mostly because I do not think in RP style. The only thing your setup makes me think is that you are using the armaments of the Legion against themselves, not working for them. Despite being a Belf.
    I know, essentially how the game plays doesn't really give you the option to be friendly to them... would be neat if they ever added such a functionality to the game with factions, that we could join them, and abandon our own, horde/alliance, long as they were a large enough faction, and to have some function to redeem ourselves and rejoin it again later if we wanted (doesn't make sense irl, but have to think about in terms of gameplay if we "made a mistake" by leaving our faction)

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Tyrant Velhari would be the go-to NPC to emulate:

---

She was a Draenic Vindicator who joined the Sargerei and turned to Shadow and Fel magics. The NPC you are talking about in Aszuna was Cordana Felsong (who originally showed up in WoD):

---
    Thanks for the info , glad that I at least made it clear about who I was thinking of, with Cordana :P
    Last edited by C J; 2017-05-03 at 10:38 PM.

Hammer of Vigilance is on the PTR. It is fel+holy themed cause of the maiden of vigilance boss. Would work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Hammer of Vigilance is on the PTR. It is fel+holy themed cause of the maiden of vigilance boss. Would work well.

---
    Really looks neat, don't think I'd known about it if you hadn't shared, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabrone77 View Post
    *spoilers*

When you do the chain for the corrupted Ashbringer, there's talk about how paladins are supposed to bring balence to the light, that's why the other paladins allow you to corrupt the Ashbringer. To sort of use the power of the Legion against them. People will argue it's against lore, but that text is in game. The lore is open for an idea like this..maybe not joining the legion, but having corrupted flavor spells and whatnot. ..
    I really like that way of thinking in the game though... I think the Tauren Paladins kinda started in a similar way, with just some flavor text...

Why does every kid like the evil/dark/fel version of everything?

Nope, Paladin who can't use light is nothing but Warrior. But champion of fel, chaos, death is the very antithesis of what Paladin is supposed to be. It's the pervertation of the whole concept of the Paladin ideal. We have those too, they're called Death Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Nope, Paladin who can't use light is nothing but Warrior. But champion of fel, chaos, death is the very antithesis of what Paladin is supposed to be. It's the pervertation of the whole concept of the Paladin ideal. We have those too, they're called Death Knights.
    Well, except for all the dark/fel Eredar paladins we face from Tyrant Velari to random dude casting corrupted consecration. Sure.

Paladin just means defender of the palace. They are righteous warriors for their cause, whether the cause is good or evil doesn't matter. What matters is the conviction and faith of the paladin.

So yes, the Legion does have paladins, monstrous creatures that wield fel and shadow as a dark mirror of the light wielding paladins.

I get where you are coming from but the fact is that they have dark paladins in the game, so yes, they do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Impressive that you can determine the age of posters by nothing more than if they like a certain theme or not.

Yeah, this guy sure looks like hes around 10, right?

Deleted
    I've always thought that maybe a Shadow paladin would be possible but outside of Tyrant Vel I can't see Fel Paladins having a place, warlocks don't have many more spell/gameplay mechanics to lose.

Deleted
    I don't know I always see paladins running around with the fel ashbringer and I think it looks silly but each their own

Fel corrupts... Why would a paladin use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Well, except for all the dark/fel Eredar paladins we face from Tyrant Velari to random dude casting corrupted consecration. Sure.

Paladin just means defender of the palace. They are righteous warriors for their cause, whether the cause is good or evil doesn't matter. What matters is the conviction and faith of the paladin.

So yes, the Legion does have paladins, monstrous creatures that wield fel and shadow as a dark mirror of the light wielding paladins.

I get where you are coming from but the fact is that they have dark paladins in the game, so yes, they do exist.
    Kinda what I thought with the way conviction works, is that "righteous" doesn't necessarily mean, "good" it just means devout to what you believe, not say just an alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Impressive that you can determine the age of posters by nothing more than if they like a certain theme or not.

Lol, thanks for defending me, figured I'd say something myself but didn't think it worth the effort to just start a bicker about age :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post

Why does he still have all that dried up chocolate around his mouth?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    A fel paladin is really just a warrior who's fel infused.

Deleted
    Alright, so this'll sound weird but I was wondering if anyone else likes to pretend their paladin has joined the burning legion, like the warden did (honestly I can't remember names and am also kinda lazy to look it up right now), during part of the Azsuna quest chain. I know there isn't any glyphs (yet, really hoping they eventually add more variety for those) that let me have fel flames for my consecration or judgements yet, but I think I've got a neat look going on so far... as well as a cheesy name :P

Fel Paladins would be Demon Hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jabrone77 View Post
    *spoilers*

When you do the chain for the corrupted Ashbringer, there's talk about how paladins are supposed to bring balence to the light, that's why the other paladins allow you to corrupt the Ashbringer. To sort of use the power of the Legion against them. People will argue it's against lore, but that text is in game. The lore is open for an idea like this..maybe not joining the legion, but having corrupted flavor spells and whatnot. ..
    I loved that questline, but I thought that explanation was pretty retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe nom View Post
    Fel corrupts... Why would a paladin use it?
    Talk to Arthas, he might give you some insight on motives like this.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    /shrug... Horde players. Forsaken is the dark version of everything.

If it means I get to have green abilities then sure. Mainly if my toons could all have green effects I would. Not because I like the fel theme, just that I like green :P

Did the mage class hall quest the other day and now want fel frost abilities and such that they had.