Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Just saying they are the best ground force against isis, well peshmerga is and it's probably the best ground force they have atm fighting isis but it seems everyone is using them as pawns for their own gains so they will probably get fucked in the end.

And how is peshmerga terrorists when all they do is fighting terrorists like isis and pkk and whatever they can find. Seems like more of a anti terrorist group as all they do is fighting terrorists. I know pkk is a terrorist group as everyone is labeling them as such, but peshmerga?

It's fun to see though, peshmerga stands with the west getting support and supplies from places like germany and sweden and shit ton of other places and pkk getting support from iran and the assad regime just to name one messy thing and there is plenty more in those regions. Shouldnt turkey point fingers at iran for supporting pkk?
    Are you dense? I said YPG, not Peshmerge. And problem is you supporting YPG (aka Syrian PKK), not Peshmerge. Neither Iran nor Syria supports PKK/YPG. Don't make shit up please.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Are you dense? I said YPG, not Peshmerge. And problem is you supporting YPG (aka Syrian PKK), not Peshmerge. Neither Iran nor Syria supports PKK/YPG. Don't make shit up please.
    And i was talking about peshmerga the whole time here. And last time i checked the only country on the planet who lables YPG a terrorist group is turkey, why should we not support them? they are kicking isis ass.

There are tons of articles who say that iran is supporting pkk so i dont see how i make things up here, i can even link you sweden and germany to name a few supplying peshmerga with arms etc.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-05-06 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    And who the fuck does Iran think they are in anything?!
    A country that hates the US for the US's past crimes against them.

And i was talking about peshmerga the whole time here. And last time i checked the only country on the planet who lables YPG a terrorist group is turkey, why should we not support them? they are kicking isis ass.

There are tons of articles who say that iran is supporting pkk.
    First of all, YPG is PKK's Syrian off-shoot. This is a fact, whether you like it or not. There is a SHIT ton of scholarly work around. People do not even attempt link PKK and YPG, they are one and the same. If Western governments do not designate them as a terrorist organization, that's because they are useful and on paper, you can't really help terrorists. It's a move to trick simpletons like yourself, so your conscious feels good. Moving on, it is funny that you are giving Sabah as a valid source of information. It is funded by Erdogan's economy. They don't spread propaganda, they outright spread bullcrap. In the links you gave, articles mention some talks and refer to two-decades-old logistical support they've been giving. By "logistical", they mean letting them stay in the maps in Kandil in the borders of Iran. This is old. Iran gives no material support to PKK. It would be dump as Iran herself fights with PKK's Iran off-shoot PJAK.

ps: reddit link is actually hilarious.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-05-06 at 08:30 PM.

First of all, YPG is PKK's Syrian off-shoot. This is a fact, whether you like it or not. There is a SHIT ton of scholarly work around. People do not even attempt link PKK and YPG, they are one and the same. If Western governments do not designate them as a terrorist organization, that's because they are useful and on paper, you can't really help terrorists. It's a move to trick simpletons like yourself, so your conscious feels good. Moving on, it is funny that you are giving Sabah as a valid source of information. It is funded by Erdogan's economy. They don't spread propaganda, they outright spread bullcrap. In the links you gave, articles mention some talks and refer to two-decades-old logistical support they've been giving. By "logistical", they mean letting them stay in the maps in Kandil in the borders of Iran. This is old. Iran gives no material support to PKK. It would be dump as Iran herself fights with PKK's Iran off-shoot PJAK.

ps: reddit link is actually hilarious.
    No need to get worked upp here was just having a friendly discussion but you seem to really get going when discussing kurds, my guess is that you hate them all lol. I was simply just talking about peshmerga as they are the big bad amongs the groups and really good experience with killing terrorists something that will come in handy in the future.

I had plenty of links but removed them as there was simply to many to pick from so you have to do the work there yourself, it was even big news here a while back with iran supporting terrorist groups in syria including pkk, something iran is very good at supporting terrorist groups no?

No need to get worked upp here was just having a friendly discussion but you seem to really get going when discussing kurds, my guess is that you hate them all lol. I was simply just talking about peshmerga as they are the big bad amongs the groups and really good experience with killing terrorists something that will come in handy in the future.

I had plenty of links but removed them as there was simply to many to pick from so you have to do the work there yourself, it was even big news here a while back with iran supporting terrorist groups in syria including pkk, something iran is very good at supporting terrorist groups no?
    I am not worked up, I am just pointing something ridiculous. Simple name changes, umbrella names don't (shouldn't) mean jackshit. I actually don't know Peshmerge, I simply give no fucks to them. They are not a terrorist organization, so they don't attract my attention. I am not obsessed with Kurds nor I hate them.

As for Iran acting bold, trying to be an actor in the region, it's because of Russia. They are also fueling sectarianism in the region, even further fueling the cluster fuck we have. And I will repeat, Turkish media likes to report all kinds of "xx" supporting PKK kind of news. Never heard or read Iran's material support for them. Their logistic support or rather inaction is two-decades-old.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-05-06 at 09:10 PM.

I am not worked up, I am just pointing a something ridiculous. Simple name changes, umbrella names doesn't (shouldn't) mean jackshit. I actually don't know Peshmerge, I simply give no fucks to them. They are not a terrorist organization, so they don't attract my attention. I am not obsessed with Kurds nor I hate them.

As for Iran acting bold, trying to be an actor in the region, it's because of Russia. They are also fueling sectarianism in the region, even further fueling the cluster fuck we have.
    It's pretty much all a big mess to me so still learning about those things lol. And yeah i know there is alot of fake news around and i do like to check multiple sources of anything of interest but even that can be hard to get the facts.

- - - Updated - - -

I have always been interested in wars and conflicts since i was a kid but mostly ancient and medieval stuff as that is just more epic to read about but modern stuff is still interesting to follow, just very messy sometimes

10+ Year Old Account
    @Skroe
    They can enlarge the base if its needed, or sail their bigger ships to there. It's a non-issue.
    The same could be said of the Black Sea Fleet, thus it doesnt really change much for Russia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    Americans live off of their inferiority complex. That is why America exists in the first place. They wanted to be unique and different. At the same time, not being as smart and sophisticated as Europeans, they never managed to become unique. They are a shade of Europe, no more than that.

Slavs don't feel oppressed. We feel enlightened for a new time to come.
    That's because the smart ones have shunned Russian dominance of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Hillary was the war hawk candidate...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I think you missed the point, they don't need to stop the US coalition, they just need to offer enough resistance that the USA come out of it looking like colossal bad guys and the Russian coalition looking good (in the eyes of their people).

It's somewhat similar to the Cuban missile crisis, the USSR never wanted missiles in Cuba, they wanted the US missiles in Turkey gone (as they could execute a first strike before a response could be launched), and via political chess and outplaying Kennedy that's exactly what they got.
    And the US doesn't need the civil war in Syria to end, and in many ways it is better to just keep it festering like an infected wound on a grand strategy view. (What would be best is a secular non-aligned country at peace with Israel, and closed to Iran, Russia, and US influence/military, but that isnt going to happen.)

Funny thing about those missiles in Turkey, the USAF wanted to get rid of them anyway, the Soviets really didnt gain much beyond looking like they backed down.