Poll: Would you play remastered WoW?

Thread: WoW: Remastered

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I can't get a Warcraft 4, I'll take a Warcraft 3 HD. A Diablo 2 HD would be sweet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Cant you read?
    the poll asks Would you play remastered WoW? thus my comment how ugly a wow like this would be.
    This wouldn't be considered ugly now matter how you feel. Now the style may not seem comic book like/cartoony/wow like but to call it ugly seems pretty dumb.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    would be nice, but no one would play it/pay for it.
    only the few thousend "freaks". At mmochamp forum most are "freaks" so many like wow-vanilla here.

the big base wont even touch it , if they touch it they would stop to play after 20 minutes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    It completely lacks everything that gives WoW its unique charme and makes it look like all these other boring and uinteresting games.
    Really? I think they managed to capture 'the look' really well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Screw that. Give me proper WoW any time of the day.
    Really, it looks great?

If I wanted a "realistic-looking" game I'd go play one.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

To be honest, i think the absolute only option would be to redo the entire game in the engine/graphical fidelity of heroes of the storm. That way, everything would look a lot better, while keeping blizzards signature comic-y style. I mean, Thrall and Sylvannas for example, they look absolutely stunning in heroes, while keeping the same... essence, i'd say, as they do in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Really? I think they managed to capture 'the look' really well.

- - - Updated - - -
    if you're referring to those unreal engine videos, my main problem with this is how bright it is. like almost anything has a brightness effect added, just like in 90% of recent games using this technology, games that are everything but unique from a graphics point of view.

I don't know if it has to do with the engine, or if it has to do with the programmers who believe adding brightness means it's better (in which case I can't disagree more, it's plain not pleasurable to the eye). maybe it's both.

some are almost decent, like westfall, definitely in the right direction, but shadows and colors needs to be tuned better. others like stormwind docks lacks some colors to make it really attractive in my opinion.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want an Overwatch mmorpg please

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    While interesting, I prefer the appeal that WoW already has going for it. While cartoony, it is still dark and magical without too much "real life" grit. Lifelike realism would only hinder WoW from my perspective. I'd go as far as to say that I would be in opposition of "remastering" the game to look realistic. There are enough games out there that satisfy the "gritty realism" appeal, we don't need more, let alone changing games to fit that appearance.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I would play it but I don't see it happening. The MMORPG genre is just not as popular anymore and in its current state new games won't do well, its just WoW that keeps afloat because of its succes in the past and the nostalgia that keeps people playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything, I would want WoW to be remade in Vulkan and available on Linux, now that would make me "wet".

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I would play it but I don't see it happening. The MMORPG genre is just not as popular anymore and in its current state new games won't do well, its just WoW that keeps afloat because of its succes in the past and the nostalgia that keeps people playing.
    Have to agree. MMO space just isn't what it was. People want faster rewards for lower efforts in games they can pick up and drop whenever and however without punishment. It's why first person shooters and action adventure games are on the rise and MMO and traditional RPGs aren't as widely produced. Hell a lot of games today ship without a story mode period and if they do it's very short. It's just about repeatitive multiplayer skill based play. Not saying you don't have games of old that still come out but it isn't what it used to. I mean even WoW itself has been sliding that way for 2 or 3 expansions if not more. Just the nature of the beast. Can't really complain about it and expect change. They will just go the way of the platformer games. Sure magical ones will appear from time to time they they just done run the market anymore.

Looks neat - and, in 5 or 6 years, you'd look at it and vomit.

WoW, with all it's visual flaws, is a game that you look at it side-ways and it's instant recognizable by anyone who is aware of the market. That 'brand' is one of it's strengths.

I'd love to see one thing changed in WoW - holinka.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    it may look nice and all but that not how WoW should look .. if they ever come up with an update to any of these engines the whole feeling is gone .. and ya imaging 20-30 man raid in Unreal engine 4 never gonna happen when 1080 newest i7 gen 18+ gig etc etc rigs mostly break down on them

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I would probably play a remastered Wow if by remastered we mean using better game design (character gameplay, reward systems, dungeon and raid design, quest design). Not if we mean removing WoW's art style for something realistic. Those Unreal remakes look amazing but I guarantee that the moment you added characters in them they'd look weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    maybe 2 months old thread, but worth sharing this

god, many wow nerds would die on pc if this game released remastered.
    [video=youtube;qlNAJJtCfpI]https:/www.youtubecom/watch?v=qlNAJJtCfpI[video]

[video=youtube;BPX4TM5g1Og]https:/www.youtubecom/watch?v=BPX4TM5g1Og[video]

[video=youtube;FJfLvMUT7rE]https:/www.youtubecom/watch?v=FJfLvMUT7rE[video]

[video=youtube;mFkKPlwRRiI]https:/www.youtubecom/watch?v=mFkKPlwRRiI[video]
    I saw those long time ago and it looks just bad. I mean they took alot of work just to make WoW feels like not a WoW. Would get boring really fast. It look like just some generic games that luck any atmosphere.

Deleted
    Truthfully, no. And I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone else either.

Reasons? Personal.

And don't start assuming, assumption is the mother of all fuckups.