Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Does Blizzard even know what is causing the random lag attacks?

Since it obviously isn't WQGF as originally blamed

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't had a problem. How frequent are you seeing these lag attacks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazykeven View Post
    Only started for me with the hotfix but atleast once a day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Only started for me with the hotfix but atleast once a day
    you sure its not your isp case its fine here.

Deleted
    I don't have any issues, sounds to me like it's on your end or your routing to the server and not a general server problem.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still get it as well. Normally when I interact with an NPC to finish a quest. I am then greeted with a 5-10sec delay before it completes. It happens enough to be annoying.

Deleted
    Yes, it's definitely happening. I really thought it started with 7.2 but kept getting worse.

It's probably still WQGF... making people click a few more buttons isn't going to stop people from server hoping constantly to finish WQs faster. You add shit like server hoping to your game without thinking how people will use it, and stuff like this will happen.

There's probably no way to fix it without capping server hopping, disabling serving hopping, or making server hoping more efficient. They'll probably take option 1 or 2 and piss off a lot of people.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2017-05-06 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazykeven View Post
    For me they've been happening for a long time (even after the "hotfixed" the addon). Now I get random lag from looting, zoning and it gets a lot worse during invasions. There are times where I will loot and then go off to my next location and then get the "You received" dialog boxes. It's not my connection either as latency is in the green and numerous other people on the server, guild, etc state they are having the same issues when I ask about it.

By lag attack i assume you mean the 5-10 sec lag spikes that are often occuring when you are looting pretty much anything in the open world. They didn't exist before 7.2 and happen all the time since 7.2 (it's on blizzard's end)

The lag you get when playing against disgusting russians in pvp is also lovely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since it obviously isn't WQGF as originally blamed
    I guess it's impossible that there were multiple causes, and WQGF was only part of the problem? Running servers with millions of people connecting to them isn't that easy, it's never going to be perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be another addon.

Quick, lets blame DBM and get rid of it!

Funnily enough, I noticed these huge spikes AFTER the hotfix, never noticed them before

They have no idea what is causing lag, they just blame random addon for own faults.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    It's probably still WQGF... making people click a few more buttons isn't going to stop people from server hoping constantly to finish WQs faster. You add shit like server hoping to your game without thinking how people will use it, and stuff like this will happen.

There's probably no way to fix it without capping server hopping, disabling serving hopping, or making server hoping more efficient. They'll probably take option 1 or 2 and piss off a lot of people.
    Let's get something straight - WQGF didn't do this. Their shitty invasion tech did. This thread conveniently came up shortly after the EU invasion came up again.

Why raids are lagging? I don't know. If the invasions cause lag across the board then that somehow makes sense since its been since 7.2. Even without invasions up it's been noticeably worse for a lot in my guild since though.

If overloaded servers are impacting other servers that's a noticeable problem, but the fact invasions don't shard as 7.0 did is the main cause during invasion hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Haven't lagged since the hot fix, lagged a ton before when there was an invasion up so it fixed something for me, idk, us servers though so no clue about eu
    Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2017-05-06 at 11:02 PM.

While my problem wasn't exactly the same as what you guys are describing, mine was definitely a lag problem and it started after 7.2. Will tell how I fixed it on the off chance it helps.

Pre 7.2, like a few hours before server shutdown, my "best" MS was and always has been 89-90 home/world. That range is how I knew my connection was stable. 120+ ping meant something was off. Post 7.2 my best MS became 129-130 home/world. Stabilized around that range rather than my 90 pre patch one.

After many attempts to fix, including finally trying a format, the only thing that took my ping down back to 90 was updating my network card. Specifically this one "Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection." Windows update didn't update it, even though everything was "up to date."

The only thing that alerted me to its out of date status was that I decided to try for the first time one of those driver updating programs that I would guess work the same way as Windows Update. I tried the trial version of Driver Booster 4. Many others around if u care to search. P.S. this is no Ad you can pirate it for all I care. But don't.

I thought perhaps the program was giving me a false positive to seduce me into using the product or something, so I looked up the update in the Microsoft Update Catalog and it was there. http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.....aspx?q=82579v. Top one in the list. Windows update was just not updating to it. I then used the program itself to update to that driver. And for reasons unknown my ping rested again around the comfortable 90 MS. This may have fixed other lag problems but I only obsessed over ping.

Total guess work as I understand nothing about the sciences, but maybe Blizz based their new patch around a network update most people don't have because Windows Update isn't doing it automatically yet..
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I guess it's impossible that there were multiple causes, and WQGF was only part of the problem? Running servers with millions of people connecting to them isn't that easy, it's never going to be perfect.
    Well generally when you add a new component to something and then issues start occurring you tend to look at the new stuff first. We didn't have any of these issues until 7.2. I've noticed they occur a lot around Invasion time (similar to pre-patch invasions having issues). Instead of looking in those area's, it's easier to blame it on everything else rather than say we added too many new protocols in the latest patch and they are causing issues. There were a lot of API changes (from what I heard, I don't mess with that stuff) amongst other heavy things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post

Except the ingame tool server hops you too...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Well the issue started in 7.2 and WQGF arrived in 7.1... This alone suggests an issue with 7.2 NOT WQGF

Well the issue started in 7.2 and WQGF arrived in 7.1... This alone suggests an issue with 7.2 NOT WQGF
    WQGF was here since 7.0. It started on September 12, 2016 and Legion was the 29th of August (only reason I remember was because it was a day after friend's birthday). 7.1 was launched October 24th.

I really believe that if it was WQGF causing the issues then it would've been persistent since the start and it wasn't. They didn't start occurring until 7.2. Sure there might have been a spike here and there, but nothing to this degree. Not to mention WQGF has always used the in-game tool itself, just automated before and now just a clickfest. So if there were any issues, it's because people were actually utilizing Blizzard's In-Game tool (having an addon do it doesn't change anything). So if that's the issue then it's something with their in-game tool that can't handle the load of people actually utilizing something.