Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It wasn't built by the Forsaken. It was built by Lordaeron survivors.
    How could that be though?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I'm sure she would also love to sit at Undercity throne. That place must be glorious for a human.
    Can you imagine the smell. Hell imagine how any horde smell - bet all the little hordie fanbois would run tail between their legs to the alliance side after one day of smelling anything horde.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Can you imagine the smell. Hell imagine how any horde smell - bet all the little hordie fanbois would run tail between their legs to the alliance side after one day of smelling anything horde.
    I bet you think a city like stormwind smells like peaches and sunshine. Hell, the only decent smelling cities are probably silvermoon, darnassus(minus the worgen area) and the exodar, unless it still smells like legion.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-05-06 at 11:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    How could that be though?
    Magic?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    So... Terenas Tomb in Lordaeron. Who built that? Was it the Forsaken, or the Silver Hand?
    The tomb of King Terenas Menethil II was not built by Lordaeron's current residents or the Silver Hand; the tomb was crafted by the ruined city's former citizens. Great were the deeds of Lordaeron's last true king, and his people risked everything to ensure that his memory would not be forgotten. (AskCDev4)

10+ Year Old Account
    Magic?
    So... Terenas Tomb in Lordaeron. Who built that? Was it the Forsaken, or the Silver Hand?
    The tomb of King Terenas Menethil II was not built by Lordaeron's current residents or the Silver Hand; the tomb was crafted by the ruined city's former citizens. Great were the deeds of Lordaeron's last true king, and his people risked everything to ensure that his memory would not be forgotten. (AskCDev4)
    I'm surprised the forsaken didn't desecrate it.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Magic?
    That makes absolutely no sense to me. I thought the former residents of Lordaeron WAS the Forsaken. I mean how could they just walk into the city and build it without the Forsaken knowledge of them doing it and why would they do it if they know there was no body to bury there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bgdfahrq View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense to me. I thought the former residents of Lordaeron WAS the Forsaken. I mean how could they just walk into the city and build it without the Forsaken knowledge of them doing it and why would they do it if they know there was no body to bury there.
    They are still the residents , maybe they meant living residents or fresh undead becfore they became forsaken
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by wheelmandan View Post
    I'm shocked that Calia Menethil is just put in the game no major lore thing about her i mean she is the rightful leader of Lordaeron. and many of the Undead still see them self as the true leader of lordaeron.
    There's absolutely no data indicating that Lordaeron allowed women to inherit. We know for a fact that Arthas was the heir apparent despite being younger than Calia. Besides, Calia wants nothing to do with Lordaeron or even her family's legacy. Kinda because Arthas took a huge shit on it. Finally, the Forsaken see themselves as true rulers of Lordaeron rightfully. Menethil's Lordaeron is no more. It utterly collapsed. Forsaken forged a new kingdom that is successor to Menethil's Lordaeron and they forged that claim through civil war against the Scourge, the previous owner of the land. Also, welcome to a year ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    They are still the residents , maybe they meant living residents or fresh undead becfore they became forsaken
    Well if thats what blizz says then thats what blizz says.

To me it would've made more sense if it was the forsaken who built it as a way of commemorating there dead beloved king and a way of breaking the link to the past to look to the future under a new ruler by saying let the crown remain forever lost.
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-05-06 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they were building it as Arthas was murdering everyone.

I've always thought of it this way...why would any human want to return and live there? If your city had been taken over by undead people and became a festering cesspit of living corpses, would you want to return there and make it your home again after retaking it from the undead?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    I think everyone Is, but Blizzard are blizzard they don't want to tell a great story with great characters. Sister of Arthas? no, she's just a random priest now, who cares. Bloody stupid that.

Where as It'd make more sense to have her gather up the remnants of Lordaeron, uniting them like Jaina has forgotten how to do that after Theramore went boom. Go to the Plaguelands, gather an army there, maybe even with the Silver Hand helping out, attack the Capital from the East with the Gilneans behind Greymane attacking from Silverpine from the South, with either the Horde abandoning Sylvannas to her fate, realizing she might just become the next Lich Queen If she's not killed and even some of the Forsaken would gladly just die and let the rightful ruler restore the kingdom that fell before.
    Yeah, the Horde would just go against their Blood Oath and up and abandon their Warchief, the person who saved them at the Broken Shore and was apointed by Vol'jin on his deathbed during yet another human aggression because she's somehow a Lich Queen now because reasons. Also, the gate in Greymane Wall is a chokepoint of death second only to Thandol Span (and that is if Forsaken didn't finally absorb Gilneas since the UVG update), Silver Hand has Horde members and has no reason to support a Menethil or war against the Horde and there's no grand army waiting in the Plaguelands that would be a match for the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If you knew the lore, you'd know that she renounced her claim to the throne and is now a priest.
    Darsithis pls, you can't expect people to know the lore on the lore forum. Especially if they are of the anti-Forsaken variety.

She says lordaeron doesn't exist anymore when you meet her.

Also I laugh at the idea of another human invasion of the forsaken kingdom. There are easier ways to commit suicide
    Is it still considered a suicide if you're going to get resurrected by a Val'kyr afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    with what forces would they defend their selves? the val'kyr are almost gone, the rest of the horde's weak as shit still from civil war and the draenor campaign. forsaken and blood elves should have the strongest forces in the horde now, and that's not enough to stop the dwarves, humans, worgen, and gnomes all at once. not to mention the fact that they'd have zero support from any neutral organization when it's revealed what they have done down there.

i hate the faction war, i want it over with. but the horde would get its shit pushed in if the alliance wanted to go balls deep right now.
    Horde lost minority of forces in the civil war. The faction that lost anything in Draenor campaign is the Alliance. And Forsaken alone were enough to stop Worgen, Dwarves/Gnomes/Night Elves of the 7th Legion and remaining humans of the area all at once. Before strengthening their hold on Lordaeron even further. And each and every entry point into Lordaeron is shit as hell and is a death trap waiting to happen. With the main entry point being Thandol Span which is more or less Thermopylae of Azeroth. Finally, neutral factions are neutral so them not supporting anyone is kinda a given with them being, you know, neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    There's absolutely no data indicating that Lordaeron allowed women to inherit. We know for a fact that Arthas was the heir apparent despite being younger than Calia. Besides, Calia wants nothing to do with Lordaeron or even her family's legacy. Kinda because Arthas took a huge shit on it. Finally, the Forsaken see themselves as true rulers of Lordaeron rightfully. Menethil's Lordaeron is no more. It utterly collapsed. Forsaken forged a new kingdom that is successor to Menethil's Lordaeron and they forged that claim through civil war against the Scourge, the previous owner of the land. Also, welcome to a year ago.
    According to Wowpedia, that line was removed from the game, so if you will, stop using it as the basis for your argument. Likewise, there's no lore to disprove her claim to the throne, and since she's the last surviving child of Terenas Menethil II, any other choice would be nonsensical. Furthermore, outside of game play logistics, i.e. the Forsaken can never be removed due to WoW, it's rather comical to assert that the Forsaken are more of a juggernaut than the Scourge or the Alliance. In short, if the Alliance wanted to reclaim the area then - as a faction - it's highly unlikely that the Forsaken could survive such a measure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    According to Wowpedia, that line was removed from the game, so if you will, stop using it as the basis for your argument. Likewise, there's no lore to disprove her claim to the throne, and since she's the last surviving child of Terenas Menethil II, any other choice would be nonsensical. Furthermore, outside of game play logistics, i.e. the Forsaken can never be removed due to WoW, it's rather comical to assert that the Forsaken are more of a juggernaut than the Scourge or the Alliance. In short, if the Alliance wanted to reclaim the area then - as a faction - it's highly unlikely that the Forsaken could survive such a measure.
    You know, aside from the fact that the horde would show up?
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not by choice though. But hey, Warchief's command. Most of the Horde might not like her, but I highly doubt they wanna lose another Warchief so soon.

In all honesty though if any alliance push into Lordaeron happens, it won't be by Calia. I can see the Worgen reclaim Gilneas and push into Silverpine again. Would be nice to see them get a second leveling zone. Horde could get WPL, seeing as Andorhol is in Sylvie's hands now and it was the trading crossroads of Lordaeron in life.
    Last edited by Shizari; 2017-05-07 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizari View Post
    Probably not by choice though. But hey, Warchief's command. Most of the Horde might not like her, but I highly doubt they wanna lose another Warchief so soon.

In all honesty though if any alliance push into Lordaeron happens, it won't be by Calia. I can see the Worgen reclaim Gilneas and push into Silverpine again. Would be nice to see them get a second leveling zone. Horde could get WPL, seeing as Andorhol is in Sylvie's hands now and it was the trading crossroads of Lordaeron in life.
    The Alliance being near the blood elves would be enough. Blood elves have their own interests to look after, and keeping the Alliance as far away as possible is one of them. I doubt the Alliance if they do take Gilnaes would get into silverpine, as all the forsaken have to do is blight the hell out of the choke point and the western shore, and the Alliance would be forced to either use mages to teleport troops in , countered by Forsaken mages, or air for which bat-riders exist. Add that in with the rest of the Horde and the Alliance's cost would be too big to hold it.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    ... If anything, It'll Inspire more rule 34 to make Warcraft more popular again, wink nudge Blizzard.
    wot in tarnation
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Ok, allow me to play a little devil's advocate here.

Blizzard, since about Pandaria, have really got their shit together with lore (with WoD as a major anomaly, which I put down to poorly-managed movie tie-ins, and a need to quickly abandon the xpac once the movie flopped). But even then, Blizzard has some of the best cinematics, tie-in comics, short stories, animated series and voice work we've ever seen in WoW. But it's clear that from Pandaria onwards, Blizzard have taken lore more seriously than ever before. You might not like it, but they are attempting to make the narrative more cohesive and polished than any other expansion. Chronicle has crystalised this desire, and most importantly, they clearly have a plan and a trajectory.

Calia would take A LOT of time to sort out. To do that story justice, it would take a novel, or a questline, or a major chunk of an xpac. Am I disappointed as hell? Yes. Do I understand WHY they did it, when they still have a bunch of unfinished plotlines to wrap up? Yes. I totally understand why they would make a quick fix like this. I'm not really happy about it, but there you go.

More than that, this isn't necessarily the end. I think of Mara of the Acoma from Ray Feist's Daughter of the Empire, Alfred the Great and Ishida Mitsunari from history as people who left religious orders to become powerful lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizari View Post

I doubt that the other leaders support her as Warchief, and even then, it's - without doubt - one of the most idiotic moves by Blizzard in recent memory. We should kill off Vol'jin, pass over Thrall, and give the mantle of Warchief of the Orcish Horde to Sylvanas Windrunner, because... reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

The Horde that just got their "behinds" handed to them by the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance being near the blood elves would be enough. Blood elves have their own interests to look after, and keeping the Alliance as far away as possible is one of them. I doubt the Alliance if they do take Gilnaes would get into silverpine, as all the forsaken have to do is blight the hell out of the choke point and the western shore, and the Alliance would be forced to either use mages to teleport troops in , countered by Forsaken mages, or air for which bat-riders exist. Add that in with the rest of the Horde and the Alliance's cost would be too big to hold it.
    Ok I'll grant you that. But let's say for the sake of it that Danath came back and successfully restored Stromgarde... where do we go from there? Think he'd see Calia as the rightful heir and march west, or would he mind his own business behind his own goddamn wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The Horde that just got their "behinds" handed to them by the Alliance.
    When? Don't even say "LOL STORMHEIM STORY" because thats mostly just the worgen and forsaken (ironically the leading races of the factions right now) throwing soldiers at each other.