Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When did Illidan get the title of "Lord"?

The game even has the title before his name so it's not like it's an Illidari only thing, so when did this guy began to be addressed this way by people besides the Illidari?

since he became the lord of the illidari i'd guess.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Probably when he declared himself Lord of Outland.

He became the Lord of Outlands when he took down the old one: Magtheridon.

I guess his followers just called him that and he liked the name so it stuck

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    He's been called Lord since before he became demonic at all.

So always I guess? His family is well known, and if we're going by old-school medieval naming conventions, any man of noble birth would be a lord, and any woman, a lady.
    Although Illidan was not Highborne, and therefore his family was unlikely to have been nobility. Granted, there's been exceptions, such as Ravencrest.

More likely, it has to do with his occupation of Outland, as others have pointed out.

He became Lord Illidan when he took the Black Temple after taking in control of Blood elves, Broken and Naga with his Demonic forces.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Didn't Azshara's forces start calling him that when she brought him into her army?

Lord of Outland and Lord of Illidari.

Lord of the Illidari

10+ Year Old Account
    Lord of Outland, Lord of the Illidari. If nothing else, he earned the title by killing the guy who used to hold it and squatting in his digs for a few years.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

But Lord of Outland and Lord of Illidari happened way after War of the Ancients. Playing the scenarios as Illidan a mage in Legion, night elves called him Lord aswell... He must have gained Lord title long before.

rule of cool is the answer you're looking for
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be surprised if Kurtalos Ravencrest gave him the title of "Lord" when he took him on as his personal mage.
    And since Ravencrest was a noble himself (though not Highborne), he probably had the authority to do it.

EDIT:
    You are hereby marked as one of the Black Rook Hold's own...and my personal sorcerer! As such, you'll be of a rank outside of the Moon Guard, equal to any of their own and unable to be commanded by any of their order!
    It wouldn't surprise me if he was given the title "Lord" along with this.
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2017-05-07 at 02:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

When he defeated Magtheridon atop the Black Temple he became the Lord (of the Outlands).

10+ Year Old Account
    Lord Illidan knows the way.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    But Lord of Outland and Lord of Illidari happened way after War of the Ancients. Playing the scenarios as Illidan a mage in Legion, night elves called him Lord aswell... He must have gained Lord title long before.
    It was probably an honorary title granted through his deeds.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

His followers have been calling him "lord" since long before he went to Outland. It's just another word for master.

OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Because it sounds cool.

When in doubt, rule of cool wins out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.