Having trouble with mythic spellblade

Hey guys, we have killed mythic spellblade 3 times now but we keep having to wipe a lot of times before we end up downing him. Trying to get an outside opinion on where the key problems are. I am tanking and with the removal of friendly name plates (without having to see those health bars) I am having a difficult time trying to figure out outliars. Our main point points are as follows>

(We mainly follow the method guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzjNwGHrIKI)

1. We tend to lose a player or two to the frost phase doing the stack dance, this continues to be a problem and pointing out outliars would be good.
    2. In fire phase we lose a player or two also, though it's not so bad if we have everyone alive from frost phase.
    3. Our biggest point of frustration right now is arcane phase. Though we had issues with the animate phase's orbs, that seems to be in control now. Our big issue now is compensating for the knockback that the fel soul add does, it throws the entire setup out of wack, I am the warrior tank who has to deal with it and I do my best to charge back but it throws the positioning off balance and we end up wiping half the raid to fel lash as a result. It's really strange as the knockback does not always seem to happen, what causes it? what is the best way to deal with it? once the pools start dropping I can't just stop and make sure the wall is to my back when it happens.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

EDIT> Whoops, helps if I post the logs.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ulty=5&wipes=1
    Last edited by topapagaramonde; 2017-05-07 at 05:00 AM.

1. frost. if your healers can't figure out who to heal, getting a cheap addon like "Grid2" just for this fight is great. Seeing one 1 debuff "Mark of Frost" and having all the heals go towards those players is a good fix. It;s probably players who are out of position and not breaking on the correct stacks. Not much you can do in that department but remind them once the marks go out. 1 healing CD towards the end to help with the chaos

2. Fire. If you get targeted by searing brand, you pop a personal before the initial hit. Otherwise you pop your personal as the add spawns and stun all of them. Keep them from stacking as that buffs them but you also want them close enough so you can get some cleave and won't have people running across the map to interupt. You could also assign interrupts but really not needed. Another healing CD + Shout should keep everyone alive

3. Arcane. I can't help you much with the knockback as I don't tank but tanking the add on top of the stairs with your back against the wall would help positionin.

I guess the question would be does the add knockback (As she does during other phases, the spin attack) or spellbade. If its the add then just tank her further away from the group.

An option is to add a healer. Your healers may get bored but you'll have less incidental deaths that aren't oneshots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilemma90 View Post
    I guess the question would be does the add knockback (As she does during other phases, the spin attack) or spellbade. If its the add then just tank her further away from the group.
    The add is the one that does the knockback but he also does a the fel lash ability, for which we need everyone to stack infront of him. That is what's causing the wipe, he would knock me back and then even if I get there in time, he would be out of position as a result of running to me and be out of position for everyone to soak the fel lash.

We tank the arcane phase on top of stairs before the room that leads to krosus / elisande portal and move slowly as the pink shit coalesces, that allows the fel soul tank to put his back to the wall so he won't be knocked miles away. Also be sure your boss timer addon shows you both fel lash and decimate timers so you know which is coming first and can position appropriately. If decimate first = tuck yourself in some corner or against a wall. If fel lash = move on top of raid.

As someone mentioned earlier...we 5 heal it because it's so easy to beat the enrage. The extra healer just adds frost phase insurance, which to us is the hardest part of the fight.

And now I see you are 5 healing. On your best attempt 3 people died to fel lash. For us that only happens if everyone isn't stacked for it. Need to make sure someone is calling out when to stack and everyone's needs to get their ass stacked up.

It might just be one of those situations where people need to refocus, and execute.
    Last edited by Probably; 2017-05-07 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by topapagaramonde View Post
    It's really strange as the knockback does not always seem to happen, what causes it? what is the best way to deal with it? once the pools start dropping I can't just stop and make sure the wall is to my back when it happens.
    It's caused by Decimate (casted by the fel soul). This ability can be parried so, if you have the luck to parry, you avoid the knockbak. I suggest you to tank it against a wall, if you get knocked back you dont fuck up with positioning.