Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First he has to do something that is an impeachable offense and members of Congress have to recognize it as an impeachable offense. Obama committed impeachable offenses(one being his refusal to enforce the Defense of Marriage Act) but he was never impeached for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Tell your parents this: Stop acting like crybabies. Your candidate has lost, Move on. Give Donald a Chance, he already brought hundreds of American Jobs back, he enforced Illegal Immigration (it is not about racism, sexism or w/e your parents are brainwashed with) it is about the LAW.

Trump will NOT be impeached, he is too popular among the people, yes, the MAJORITY of the people.

Guess what, your parents are NOT the majority.

Also, I guess you live in California. Because thats where most Hillary voters lives.

Go talk to Mark Dice if you see him, he will put you in your place. California people looks like dead inside (Hillary voters), like walking corpses! Look at Mark Dice's Youtube video (he is Right winger but makes VERY reasonable point and sense).

I hate most of Left Wingers, but I respect those Left Wingers who admits defeat and moves on and try it again next time. They have more humanity in them than most of Left Wingers.
    We gave him a chance. He used that chance to embarrass our country, insult our allies (remember how he got mad at Australia over a deal Obama made with them?) and waste our time and tax money on expensive golf trips. On top of that, he put morons, sycophants and corrupt businessmen in cabinet positions.

He didn't bring jobs back. Not one. Congress hasn't passed any bills that'll effect the economy yet. Sorry pal, but the job growth is still on the Big O.

Enforced illegal immigration? Both his "muslim bans" got wrecked. His ban on sanctuary cities is held up in courts. His wall has no funding. So . . . what are you talking about?

He's popular among the majority of the people? Uh . . . he lost the popular vote. More people march against Donald Trump than cancer. His inauguration crowd was hilariously small. In contrast, there have been two protest marches against him that flooded the streets of not just DC but cities around the country against him.

Like, in what world is a president with an approval rating in the 30s considered "popular?"

I hate most of Left Wingers
    And there it is. The blind bipartisanship and division that's tearing our country apart.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2017-05-07 at 03:02 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    First he has to do something that is an impeachable offense and members of Congress have to recognize it as an impeachable offense. Obama committed impeachable offenses(one being his refusal to enforce the Defense of Marriage Act) but he was never impeached for them.

Oh, no, Obama didn't defend an unconstitutional law! How awful!

Odds of Trump impeachment before the end of his first term 2 to 1, Senate Intelligence Committee Democrat says

Leading Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, Sen. Mark Warner, is rumored to have privately said he puts Trump’s odds at finishing a full term at two to one against, the New Yorker reported.
    Warner’s spokesperson didn’t deny the senator’s remarks, but told the magazine Warner was "not referring specifically to the Russia investigation, but rather the totality of challenges the President is currently facing." But after investigations found more than 1,000 people collaborated with the Russian government to generate anti-Hillary Clinton “fake news” in key U.S. swing states, evidence is coming out linking the Trump campaign to the scheme, The Guardian reported.

The article claims a British investigation has turned up “specific, concrete and corroborative evidence of collusion,” that allegedly proves discussions took place between the Trump campaign and Russian agents.
    Trump (of course) has dismissed these allegations as “fake news,” but Robert Reich, who served as labor secretary from 1993 to 1997 under President Bill Clinton, tweeted there is a “real and growing possibility Trump could be impeached,” when he shared the New Yorker article.

“If the gavels change hands, it’s a different world. Number one, all of his public records, they will go through those with a fine-tooth comb—income taxes, business dealings. At that point, it’s not just talk—they subpoena it. It gets ugly real fast. He has so far had a pass on all this business stuff, and I don’t know what’s there, but I’ve got to imagine that it’s not pretty in this environment,” Tom Davis, a former Virginia representative, told the New Yorker.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    he is too popular among the people, yes, the MAJORITY of the people.
    WAT?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...oval-6179.html
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

That dipshit believes Alex Jones is real news, fuck that bullshit.

For the record I am a registered Independent, it's not just the Democrats that don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Tonight for whatever reason my parents started talking about Donald again and how he's screwing up again and my dad basically said he is going to get impeached soon. My question is, when is soon. They have been talking about impeaching him since January. A lot of people where I live do NOT like him. The country at least half of it doesnt like him. So how much does it take to get him impeached so we can get maybe Hillary or Bernie in office? I dont even know if thats possible.
    He won't be impeached, because then you get Mike. Do you really want Mike?

The big talk going on around now is ejecting a massive amount of anybody from congress in the Nov 8 elections. Just today on NPR I heard that people off the streets (Re: Us) are confronting congressional leaders as they return to home states, telling them they don't like them to their face.

Maybe change does come down to literally going back outside in the real world and frowning at them, asking "Ya think our lives our jokes, huh?" over and over again. I thought that was impossible given they're all on acres of private property, presumably, but I guess they have to go out into the public on occasion.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    people like your parrents and all the hundreds of idiots i herd when obama was in power dont seem to understand whats required to be impeached. Just cus you dont like what they did doesnt mean they will get impeached. The only reason clinton got impeached is cus he lied about having sex. Not the having sex part. Bush didnt get it, neither did obama despite us having to listen to idiots clamor on every fucking day about how they were going to get impeached for this or that reason.
    This. It is very,very hard to remove a President thru impeachment. For good reasons. Andrew Johnson was a very hated President, more so than Trump even and they failed to remove him from office. Maybe it could happen if the Democrats had super majority control of the Senate. Even then , has to be some legal grounds to do so. Very low popularity is not one of them. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This. It is very,very hard to remove a President thru impeachment. For good reasons. Andrew Johnson was a very hated President, more so than Trump even and they failed to remove him from office. Maybe it could happen if the Democrats had super majority control of the Senate. Even then , has to be some legal grounds to do so. Very low popularity is not one of them. :P
    There are already grounds under the emoluments clause. It's just that the GOP isn't going to do it over just that, but they've already got the grounds to do it on if they need an excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Since he hasn't already, it seems unlikely.

It almost seems like the GOP's figured out how to capitalize on Trump.

Trump got into office by drowning out every other R in the press by spouting complete and total BS and nonsense, and now the GOP could literally vote in a bill to re-introduce slavery and it'd be lucky to make the back page after whatever nonsense Trump tweeted the previous day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Since he hasn't already, it seems unlikely.

It almost seems like the GOP's figured out how to capitalize on Trump.

Trump got into office by drowning out every other R in the press by spouting complete and total BS and nonsense, and now the GOP could literally vote in a bill to re-introduce slavery and it'd be lucky to make the back page after whatever nonsense Trump tweeted the previous day.
    I'd imagine it's the exact opposite. It's very unlikely he'd be impeached this early. Watergate took 1 year, so I'd say that's roughly the minimum amount of time before Trump is impeached/forced to resign. Should that happen, that is.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-05-07 at 04:06 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it'll happen. It's just going to be a few more years of hysterical nonsense from the Left until they field an electable candidate next time. If not, it's going to be another 4 years of the same childishness. Is 7-8 more years going to be enough for the Left to ruin or reform itself? We'll have to wait and see. With 'impeach Trump' spam, I don't think it's going to happen.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'd imagine it's the exact opposite. It's very unlikely he'd be impeached this early. Watergate took 1 year, so I'd say that's roughly the minimum amount of time before Trump is impeached/forced to resign.
    As I've mentioned before... pretty much everything that resulted in Watergate.... ALREADY HAPPENED WITH TRUMP AND GOT HIM ELECTED.

Does it even matter to the GOP that Trump placed family members and russian agents in positions of power & security ?

Or are they just fiddling while Rome burns and siphoning off whatever funds they can to their retirement accounts to buy some 3rd world country ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    There are already grounds under the emoluments clause. It's just that the GOP isn't going to do it over just that, but they've already got the grounds to do it on if they need an excuse.
    And you just reinforced my statement; Maybe it could happen if the Democrats had a super majority control of the Senate.

And you just reinforced my statement; Maybe it could happen if the Democrats had a super majority control of the Senate.
    Here's the relevant part to your post that I was responding to:

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the relevant part to your post that I was responding to:
    I am not aware even what that is. And if it is clearly one he is guilty of, or just one the democrats perceive he is. Tell me what it is. And if he is, why can't the democrats push it forward? A clear violation of the law or Constitution, it in itself should be self evident

I am not aware even what that is. And if it is clearly one he is guilty of, or just one the democrats perceive he is. Tell me what it is. And if he is, why can't the democrats push it forward? A clear violation of the law or Constitution, it in itself should be self evident
    He didn't put his assets in a blind trust. So any money he receives from foreigners is a violation of the emoluments clause which pretty much says that no elected official can receive money from foreigners (it's not really any foreigner, but anyone that has or had any relation to a foreign state, which actually applies to people like Flynn as well, but also any foreign embassy, or people like princes, or people connected to foreign governments, like say, a business partner of duerte, who he receives royalties from). The dems can't push it forward because they don't have the votes and the GOP doesn't care.

This can apply to trump in a variety of ways, not only foreign embassies using his hotels, and royalties on his brand, but also the trademarks he received from china.

Edit: He could have completely avoided this if he'd actually put his assets in a blind trust, but he didn't. He put them into a trust that his family controls.

Continuing edit: There's a good chance ivanka is also violating the constitution since she now holds a job in the WH, see also kushner, and basically everyone in the WH that hasn't put their assets in a blind trust (which is almost his entire cabinet).
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2017-05-07 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    He will be impeached. But it won't be until after the 2018 midterms and Trump-Russia coming to a head around then.
    I'm actually a bit surprised that you're keeping to this belief. Things have died down drastically since the early 2017 heyday of Anti-Trump spam, particularly as it relates to Russian ties. One would think that any evidence, in this day and age, would have already been leaked. We've seen how those with access are so eager to damage Trump with everything but the kitchen sink.

Are you sure, at this point, Skroe, that it's not slipping away? That it's a desire that won't be fulfilled? I've said before that time will tell. Well, time is slipping away.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    I'm actually a bit surprised that you're keeping to this belief. Things have died down drastically since the early 2017 heyday of Anti-Trump spam, particularly as it relates to Russian ties. One would think that any evidence, in this day and age, would have already been leaked. We've seen how those with access are so eager to damage Trump with everything but the kitchen sink.

Are you sure, at this point, Skroe, that it's not slipping away? That it's a desire that won't be fulfilled? I've said before that time will tell. Well, time is slipping away.
    /boggle

No it hasn't.

It's settled down in the house because chaffetz is a fuck stick, and he's probably quitting over it: Edit by that I mean, he's probably not going to finish his term in the house. (https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...uiN/story.html)

We've still got senate intelligence committee testimony happening next week. This isn't close to being done. FBI investigation is also separate from either the house or the senates investigations.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ntacts-n755516

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ction-meddling

Let go your delusions.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2017-05-07 at 04:57 AM.

/boggle

No it hasn't.

It's settled down in the house because chaffetz is a fuck stick, and he's probably quitting over it (https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...uiN/story.html)

We've still got senate intelligence committee testimony happening next week. This isn't close to being done. FBI investigation is also separate from either the house or the senates investigations.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ntacts-n755516

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ction-meddling

Let go your delusions.
    Do you mind if I stop back in on this post a year or so from now to ask you if you've changed your mind? Because if I'm bored on a Saturday, I might just want to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Tonight for whatever reason my parents started talking about Donald again and how he's screwing up again and my dad basically said he is going to get impeached soon. My question is, when is soon. They have been talking about impeaching him since January. A lot of people where I live do NOT like him. The country at least half of it doesnt like him. So how much does it take to get him impeached so we can get maybe Hillary or Bernie in office? I dont even know if thats possible.
    He won't get impeached. Bill Clinton didn't get impeached, Hillary didn't get indited and Obama didn't get impeached for lying about Benghazi either. Same with bush Jr and Reagan. Nixon maybe if had stayed longer but he dodged the bullet by resigning.
    If for some magical reason he does then congress now has a man who seriously questions LGBTQ rights. While i generally like pence and wish he would run for presidency I understand that it would be too costly and risky to try.
    Last edited by Taso; 2017-05-07 at 05:06 AM.