Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    Is she not? That's how the photo appears to me, and I'm sincerely asking.
    The article says the photographer is a part of the counter demonstration, a person named Vladimir Cicmanec

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39804471
    Vladimir Cicmanec, the fellow demonstrator who snapped the image, said he had been inspired by recent viral photos of people standing up to fascism.

"I didn't see the argument from the beginning - I was looking in another direction and a friend patted me on the shoulder - but I was just a few metres away from them," said Vladimir, who described himself as a computer programmer and amateur photographer.

"I immediately thought of that photo of the girl from Birmingham and said to myself - this could be an interesting image too. So I starting snapping away."

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    The article says the photographer is a part of the counter demonstration, a person named Vladimir Cicmanec

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39804471
    There are a couple of photos. This one just looked like a selfie to me. The other is clearly done by a third party. It's a good image in any case, although I'm not sure it's overwhelmingly heroic as it is simply decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Ummm yes? There are a lot of tracking sites. I mean if someone dies that's public information so yes there are official numbers on who is killed by police annually. Also what what ifs were in what I said. There was nothing what if about it. It was 100% fact that more white people are killed substantially and they aren't reported on as much as black deaths.
    A lot of tracking sites? Cool, haven't read about this topic in a while, care to share some links?

The what ifs were about your initial post claiming this is propaganda by proving it with "if it was a white girl standing up against left extremists, and further if the media would not report on it"
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I think a lot of people are overlooking the whole teenage girl aspect of this. A good portion of teenagers are afraid of other kids / their own parents, let alone a nazi. The arms guards near by help make her safe, but also keep in mind she is still a teenager sticking up to a fucking nazi. It's not like teenagers are the most emotionally stable or rational people, so I would call this brave.

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    I think a lot of people are overlooking the whole teenage girl aspect of this. A good portion of teenagers are afraid of other kids / their own parents, let alone a nazi. The arms guards near by help make her safe, but also keep in mind she is still a teenager sticking up to a fucking nazi. It's not like teenagers are the most emotionally stable or rational people, so I would call this brave.
    As some one who lived in Slovakia for about 1/3 of my life (although statistically as prosperous as the Czechs these days), we are the degenerate, alcoholic, uneducated half brothers to the Czech... If you layed a hand on a pretty white girl your would get your ass beat BAD, like possibly near death. Also I know there are some other Czechoslovakian users on this forums, so I don't know if they have corrected this but the second banner doesn't say "we educate your children"... a more a appropriate translation is "We will raise your children too"... The "vychovat" verb is especially connected to manners. But yeah europe, eastern/central europe is a little bit more racist than USA... treatment of gypsies/arabs in europe is appalling... And I have lived in France/Norway (I know the western EU guys would point out Slovakia is a racist backward hinterland which shouldn't be in the EU).

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Also after some humorous reflection on the article/previous posts... its not 100% possible that she is part of the neo-nazis and the man is the anti fascist... looks like she is just having an argument with the man, and the "we will raise your children too" banner does seem like something the neo-nazis might wave around...
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because you say so? That's not how anything works. Antifa is, literally, a group that protests and resists fascism and fascists. That's not a bad thing. If you want to take issue with Antifa supporters who get violent, fine, I'm not defending those who instigate violence, but this girl didn't, so you've got no justification to blame her for any of that.

Plus, it's still not in any way an argument that she's somehow not legitimately a Scout, which is what you claimed.
    Then don't blame the so called nazi guy in the same photo? He didn't do anything either afaik. Antifi is widely known to be modern fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Then don't blame the so called nazi guy in the same photo? He didn't do anything either afaik.
    Well, except advocate for the genocide of minorities, but they aren't people, I guess.

Antifi is widely known to be modern fascists.
    https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Well, except advocate for the genocide of minorities, but they aren't people, I guess.

Sigh, and what do you think antifa advocates for? What has the guy actually done?

What's that link supposed to mean? Speak for yourself.

There is no proof the guy is a nazi/advocating for genocide of minorities. Is that guy a racist... more likely yes than no... She is the one wearing the military style jacket with a military rank patch/name of her city waving a sign that says "we will raise your kids too"... all he has is a hair cut. Yeah I realize 99% chance he is one of the neo nazi guys... but you are jumping to assumptions just like my points would be if serious.
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Deleted
    1. How do you think genocide happens to begin with.
    2. ...The Nazis. It's kind of their thing.
    Ok first off antifa fights fascism as an ideology. Nazism belongs to history books and not even back then they made genocide a priority in their manifesto. You might be referring to neonazi and even there you'd need to go find the most extreme radical shithead to justify genocide.
    Having said all of the above, if you justify violence to prove a point you're a violent thug. You can belong to any political affiliation, It doesn't change what you are. I know extreme right wingers that are less violent than antifa. I respect them more than antifa, which is zero anyway.

Wow. What an hero she is. She's basically storming the beaches at Normandy.

Quote Originally Posted by INVASMANIXOXOXO View Post
    But yeah europe, eastern/central europe is a little bit more racist than USA... treatment of gypsies/arabs in europe is appalling... And I have lived in France/Norway (I know the western EU guys would point out Slovakia is a racist backward hinterland which shouldn't be in the EU).
    *nods*
    I live in the US, and whenever I say the same about how the EU being more racist than here, I typically get an argument until I mention "gypsies" which are classified by some in the EU as "not white" for some reason.

People expressing their views nonviolently is now news worthy...

LOL what Nazi most who act like nazies are from the left
    those crybabies kill you by moaning and screaming instead of shooting you
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2017-05-07 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    The arms guards near by help make her safe, but also keep in mind she is still a teenager sticking up to a fucking nazi.
    I doubt that they are nazi, fascist or extreme nationalist sure, but not nazi. Czechs sub-humans or slaves in the nazi ideology.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Specifically to your second question: other people have the right to disrupt her too.
    Philosophically, as you put it, it's totally symmetric and consistent: it's the wild west out there in the world of peaceful demonstration.
    I do not like the idea about the wild west, but your logic is not flawed becuse you advocates symmetry.

She stood there a few seconds, backpedaling as they marched forward unimpeded.
    Yes it was not a big disrupt, but as I stated it was a philosophically question, if sombady did create a big dispute it was the reporters who literally fell across each other to take photo.

Anyway, I'll add this picture of a Swede whirling a handbag in another protest. It's so magnificent I might frame a copy lol.
    [/QUOTE]

Only issue comes when you probe into the individual. Because we're not self-symmetric.
    So now you celebrates swinging of handbags (violence) but condemned probe, is that not hypocritical (I do not know if the old lady hit or not, but she surely aime to hit)
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2017-05-07 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Sigh, and what do you think antifa advocates for? What has the guy actually done?
    1. Stopping Nazis.
    2. He was a Nazi.

What's that link supposed to mean? Speak for yourself.
    Jokes are illegal now. Noted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by INVASMANIXOXOXO View Post
    There is no proof the guy is a nazi/advocating for genocide of minorities. Is that guy a racist... more likely yes than no... She is the one wearing the military style jacket with a military rank patch/name of her city waving a sign that says "we will raise your kids too"... all he has is a hair cut. Yeah I realize 99% chance he is one of the neo nazi guys... but you are jumping to assumptions just like my points would be if serious.
    He was attending a neo-Nazi rally. Like...did you actually read the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    People expressing their views nonviolently is now news worthy...
    True. She should have ripped out the fucker's black heart ala Mortal Combat. THAT would be newsworthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    Ok first off antifa fights fascism as an ideology. Nazism belongs to history books and not even back then they made genocide a priority in their manifesto. You might be referring to neonazi and even there you'd need to go find the most extreme radical shithead to justify genocide.
    You seriously think neo-Nazis don't advocate for genocide.

[citation needed]

Having said all of the above, if you justify violence to prove a point you're a violent thug.
    So anyone who uses violence is bad? The police? The military? The national guard?

You can belong to any political affiliation, It doesn't change what you are.
    You're right. Opposing Nazism is awesome no matter your political affiliation.

I know extreme right wingers that are less violent than antifa.
    No, you know extreme right-wingers that aren't violent towards YOU. Big difference, but one you care little for.

I respect them more than antifa, which is zero anyway.
    "I respect Nazis more than people who oppose Nazis. I am not a monster."

Deleted
    True. She should have ripped out the fucker's black heart ala Mortal Combat. THAT would be newsworthy.

- - - Updated - - -

You seriously think neo-Nazis don't advocate for genocide.

[citation needed]

So anyone who uses violence is bad? The police? The military? The national guard?

You're right. Opposing Nazism is awesome no matter your political affiliation.

No, you know extreme right-wingers that aren't violent towards YOU. Big difference, but one you care little for.

"I respect Nazis more than people who oppose Nazis. I am not a monster."
    And this is what you get for arguing with edgy teenagers online.
    Suits me well.
    Last edited by mmocd8deb25f37; 2017-05-07 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJrogue View Post
    And this is what you get for arguing with edgy teenagers online.
    Suits me well.

I'm not quite sure I understand. Are you calling yourself an edgy teenager?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    So now you celebrates swinging of handbags (violence) but condemned probe, is that not hypocritical (I do not know if the old lady hit or not, but she surely aime to hit)
    Me lacking the impulse to clutch my pearls is no celebration of anything.
    The picture is hilarious.

Nor did I "condemn probing". The issue I'm pointing at is that of consistency: when you probe the individual, some (many even) of them will have inconsistent principles. Some don't.
    So long as you're considering principles, ideas, philosophy, rights, you can easily argue from symmetry. When you inspect, probe, the individual, some won't stand a test of consistency or principled set of values. That's me acknowledging that some people are full of shit, nothing else.
    Last edited by mmoc003aca7d8e; 2017-05-07 at 09:11 PM.