Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If it's a strength based then just have the women do roles which aren't front line. Like fire support, or sniping. There were quite a lot of very good female Soviet snipers in WW2.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Women are better at multitasking. It's actually proven.
    What I've always found about that "BUT WOMEN CAN MULTITASK, IT'S PROVEN!!" thing, Is that many Guys I know do something and focus just on it and get it done. Whereas many Women i know try to juggle a bunch of things and half-ass most of them and end up doing less overall.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Are you really saying that the military doesn't have strength tests? What? I don't know about yours but ours do. I've done a few of them myself; one where you have a 25kg vest on you and have to do 75 step ups on a high box with each leg (75 with one and then 75 with the other, not alternating) without rest and another where you have to hold the highest position of a chin-up for one minute. Try these things yourself and you'll see that you have to be both strong and have endurance.
    I get your point, but those are just bad examples. Both of those are endurance tests. Everyone can do a step up with 25kg vest once. A strength test is eg. where you need to evacuate another soldier/dummy or climb a wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Women are better at multitasking. It's actually proven.
    Yeah women can nag and not listen at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    If I recall, women are far better at dealing with emotional and even internal physical stress compared to men. Some of histories best snipers have been women as well.
    Is that why pretty much every woman I've met freaks out about pretty much every single inconvinience in their lives while almost no men does? I'm not that read up on famous snipers but wasn't there a russian dude which has the most confirmed kills? I've never heard of a female sniper at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Becoming a mother?
    He clearly meant it in terms of a profession/job lol

Besides, to talk about women being more efficient at being mothers than men - while being the only ones with the biological capability to do so, would be beyond stupid. It is like saying that stone is more efficient at being solid than air.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-05-07 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I get your point, but those are just bad examples. Both of those are endurance tests. Everyone can do a step up with 25kg vest once. A strength test is eg. where you need to evacuate another soldier/dummy or climb a wall.
    Well, you have to be strong to be able to do it so many times in such a quick succession. I couldn't manage the step up test without a 5 minute break before switching legs and I could deadlift 130kg and had a bodyweight of around 68kg at the time.

edit: And no, everyone can't do that. I see people at the gym struggling with 40kg squats. Doing this with 25kg essentially means squatting half your body weight plus 50kg on the bar.
    Last edited by mittacc; 2017-05-07 at 09:57 AM.

No wonder really. The people who are willingly putting lives of soldiers in danger for their own agenda should be crucified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that why pretty much every woman I've met freaks out about pretty much every single inconvinience in their lives while almost no men does? I'm not that read up on famous snipers but wasn't there a russian dude which has the most confirmed kills? I've never heard of a female sniper at least.
    Dunno which women you've been hanging out with, but my anecdotal evidence differs from yours. Also talking about problems is healthier than the alternative of bottling them inside, don't mistake that for not freaking out about an inconvenience.

As for women snipers, google Roza Shanina and Lyudmila.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    Nice try. I'll just point you to one of numerous studies regarding it. In particular, I'd like to quote this from the article, since you wanted to discuss "high stress situations" - http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24645100
    The paper they link
    Results
    In Experiment 1, both men and women performed more slowly when two tasks were rapidly interleaved than when the two tasks were performed separately. Importantly, this slow down was significantly larger in the male participants (Cohen’s d = 0.27). In an everyday multi-tasking scenario (Experiment 2), men and women did not differ significantly at solving simple arithmetic problems, searching for restaurants on a map, or answering general knowledge questions on the phone, but women were significantly better at devising strategies for locating a lost key (Cohen’s d = 0.49).
    Conclusions
    Women outperform men in these multi-tasking paradigms, but the near lack of empirical studies on gender differences in multitasking should caution against making strong generalisations. Instead, we hope that other researchers will aim to replicate and elaborate on our findings.
    Conclusions
    Our findings support the notion that woman are better than men in some types of multi-tasking (namely when the tasks involved do not need to be carried out simultaneously). More research on this question is urgently needed, before we can draw stronger conclusions and before we can differentiate between different explanations.

Fascinating stuff right here.
    Personally, I'll refrain from making strong generalizations regarding this subject.
    Last edited by mmoc003aca7d8e; 2017-05-07 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    The paper they link
    Results
    ....but women were significantly better at devising strategies for locating a lost key (Cohen’s d = 0.49)....

Fascinating stuff right here.
    Personally, I'll refrain from making strong generalizations regarding this subject.
    Well, they had a whole life worth of training for something like this because they are losing that shit on a daily basis.

I wonder what kind of strategy they have though... other than "where did I use it and where could I've lost it"
    ...dem strategies man... 10/10 MLG strats
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-07 at 10:15 AM.

Deleted
    On top of that, the requirements for females are often lower in the physical area.
    They don't have to be as tall as males, not as strong as males, even achievements and perks that require you to do (swim/run) X in Y time in sports are easier for women.

As long as they aren't judged by the same standards, they will always be a hindrance.

I don't understand why that is the case anyway. They made these requirements for a reason, why can women be less good and why do men have to do more?

If all of a sudden, a 2000m run in under 4m is enough for a women, why do men have to run 2400? Equality, my ass.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-05-07 at 10:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Well, they had a whole life worth of training for something like this because they are losing that shit on a daily basis.

I wonder what kind of strategy they have though... other than "where did I use it and where could I've lost it"
    ...dem strategies man... 10/10 MLG strats
    When I get my keys lost, my strategy is looking in the freezer first. Then I ask someone else to look for them. It's super-efficient.

The test they used
    The "Key Search task" was taken from the Behavioral Assessment for Dysexecutive Syndrome (BADS, Wilson et al. 1998). This is a specific test of planning and strategy, in which participants are required to sketch out how they might route an attempt to search a "field" for a missing set of keys.
    I'm guessing that some participants probe randomly. Some others methodologically follow a route that exhaustively search the entire field.
    Last edited by mmoc003aca7d8e; 2017-05-07 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Dunno which women you've been hanging out with, but my anecdotal evidence differs from yours. Also talking about problems is healthier than the alternative of bottling them inside, don't mistake that for not freaking out about an inconvenience.

As for women snipers, google Roza Shanina and Lyudmila.
    Lyudmila is 16th and Roza 34th according to wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_snipers

I don't know the men/women ratio for snipers back then but I suppose it was quite high so that will of course contribute to more men being at the top but the best sniper, Simo Häyä, has 542 confirmed kills while Lyudmila "only" has 309 and Roza 59.

Deleted
    Practical combat-applicable powered armor can't come soon enough.

Deleted
    Nice try. I'll just point you to one of numerous studies regarding it. In particular, I'd like to quote this from the article, since you wanted to discuss "high stress situations" - http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24645100
    Yes, by all means. When people are shooting at you, STOP AND THINK ABOUT IT. You totally convinced me about me being right.

I can assure you, in a life or death situation, being impulsive is the way to go.

Deleted
    We need to get over the belief that men and women as a whole are identical and can do identical jobs at the same effectiveness.

They should create woman versions of the military equipment that fits their bodystrenght. Like having smaller rifles and smaller handgranades... they could also paint them pink for the girlzy looks and to warn any male soldier from the danger of a unfit comerade.

Or replace all soldiers with robot soldiers or atleast make soldiers physical attributes irrelevant by using body enhancement suits.

No men?
    Spend 10 min reading through the first threads on general off-topic and you'll find quite a few men that freak out and get upset about every little thing in their lives.
    Heck, even this thread should be enough.

I get the feeling you need to get out more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No men?
    Spend 10 min reading through the first threads on general off-topic and you'll find quite a few men that freak out and get upset about every little thing in their lives.
    Heck, even this thread should be enough.

I get the feeling you need to get out more.
    This is about saving lives, not if someone forgot to congratulate you on your birthday.

10+ Year Old Account
    LMAO. Wow, talk about seeing what you want to see. You need to look no further than this forum, which is full-to-bursting with whiny-ass manbabies who freak out about anything and everything that inconveniences them.

"i cant fly in WoW n e more wtf blizz u ruin the game"
    "omg enemeez scale w ilvl now i take 2 seconds longr 2 kill dem wtf my life is ovr"
    "mage do 4% moar dps than me FML"

Or how about the Twitter peeps who use that as their personal tantrum stage, e.g. sending game developers death threats because they nerfed the AK47 in Call of Duty or rape threats to any female with an opinion on, well, anything.

"Almost no men does." Ahahaha, hahahaha. Hahahaha. Thanks for the laugh.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.