Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So I was thinking to to check back on WoW, but this change scares me off. So, was this change totally reverted or players just have to live with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    So I was thinking to to check back on WoW, but this change scares me off. So, was this change totally reverted or players just have to live with it?
    It's still there. They reduced by a tiny amount but it's still very noticeable as your ilvl gets higher.

its like it dont exists. had high hopes for a dangerous world you not brainless instant aoe grind everything down in seconds. now i am running around in 900 ilvl and kill everything in seconds. like in any other expansion the last 7 years. disapointing.

It exist to prevent mobs from dying too fast. Very likely you won't even notice it. In previous expansion new patch zone always had tougher enemies, but in Legion whole continent is always relevant for max level, so they had to scale everything without screwing people that just hit 110.

If you stopped before the change and jump in now then you will noticed a difference. While you gear up you will feel more powerful as the ilvl scaling even before the nerf was non-linear.

It's not really that noticeable tbh. You still gain power a lot faster than the mobs do.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    ???? There was never anything scary about it. The only place it was noticeable was here in the forums. I never heard anyone discussing it in game, never heard even one guild mate comment on it, and I'm in a large active guild. When the change went into effect, we all went about our daily WQs and were completely oblivious until one of us read the forums and brought it up. We all had a good laugh about the forums and went back to gaming. On top of all that, they've since nerfed it so I think you'd need to look very hard to even detect a difference.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's still there. They reduced by a tiny amount but it's still very noticeable as your ilvl gets higher.
    This is beyond ridiculous.

There is no way of noticing the initial change, let alone any ongoing 'nerfs'....

This was made an issue by forum warriors...people actually playing the game never noticed a difference.

7+ Year Old Account
    The change was reverted.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    This is beyond ridiculous.

There is no way of noticing the initial change, let alone any ongoing 'nerfs'....

This was made an issue by forum warriors...people actually playing the game never noticed a difference.
    I play the game all the time and the difference is, as I said, very noticeable.
    If you don't pay attention I'm sure you might miss it but it's enough to just look at the number on your bars and at some points the time to kill actually goes up with ilvl.

Sir, do you play the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The change was reverted.
    No, it was not. They removed the extra damage but the HP is still there. They reduced it a tiny bit but it's still there.

If you don't pay attention I'm sure you might miss it but it's enough to just look at the number on your bars and at some points the time to kill actually goes up with ilvl.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it was not. They removed the extra damage but the HP is still there. They reduced it a tiny bit but it's still there.
    Very noticeable? You must be joking. I have characters ranging from 800 - 915 equipped and nowhere does my kill time increase with ilvl. Hp scaling is much lower then the power scaling of your character....

10+ Year Old Account
    Changing between characters that are above and below 900 ilevel i notice sometimes a 10 mill difference in HP on boss mobs.

To say this ruins your experience means you probably struggled at the game before this change came into effect since it really didn't change that much.

Quote Originally Posted by wewe View Post
    Very noticeable? You must be joking. I have characters ranging from 800 - 915 equipped and nowhere does my kill time increase with ilvl. Hp scaling is much lower then the power scaling of your character....
    An extra 5-10 million HP is very noticeable, yes.
    Does it make the game hard? No, not at all.
    It does mean that gear has littel impact however and as that is pretty much the only reward system the game has it's a scaling mobs with ilvl takes away the point of playing.

There are other ways to fix this issue with players becoming too strong. Blizzard just picked the easy way out due to lack of intrest or competence, who knows. It's a stupid design, however you look at it.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Lol no.
    They reverted the change almost completely, im still 1-3 shotting mobs as a holy priest like i always have this expac.

Formerly known as Arafal

Lol no.
    They reverted the change almost completely, im still 1-3 shotting mobs as a holy priest like i always have this expac.
    No, they did not. Get your facts straight.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, they did not. Get your facts straight.
    Yes, they did.

And even if they didnt, the change on itself was barely noticable at all, it took a blue post for people to realize there was a change in the first place.

Formerly known as Arafal

Lol no.
    It is just barely noticable basically.... and no they did not revert.

as a 912 player it is VERY noticable and I am still struggling about cancelling my account. For me personally it is really on the edge of being acceptable.

Deleted
    The only case where I really noticed it was PvP-Towers, where initially it took me,what felt like, twice as long to kill mobs. The rest felt wierd but more like "did I crit or not?". With that being said, I did dailys mostly with my Retpala, since I can't be arsed to do shit on my Dk or Hunter anymore, unless it's one of those 10 Blood Quests on the shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    as a 912 player it is VERY noticable and I am still struggling about cancelling my account. For me personally it is really on the edge of being acceptable.
    I am not close to 912. Currently 903 or something. And honestly I did notice it when it first came into the game. I was 890-ish. But now its just as easy as it once was.
    The thing I get from you is that you want to progress your characters powerlevel and feel more powerful. The moment that is diminished it feels pointless to continue.

However I like that they made this change, only that they should cap it at a certain itemlevel. Let's say 910 and anything after that is ffa and becomes really easy with more itemlevels.