Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Notter View Post
    Kinda interesting to see the downfall of america happen right before you.
    it's just amusing that it's blamed on Trump, while the people opposing him don't see they are the cause.

once you wanna topple a legally elected leader just cause you don't like him (not even because you disagree with him), it's gonna start being the norm.
    and i don't think there's an easy way to come back from that.
    To be fair, the Republicans tried doing that to Bill Clinton as well. But yes it is bad, probably worse this time.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    I doubt it will happen because Pence is worse in many ways. It's better just grit your teeth and hope the next election has more participation.
    That is actually the only realistic way to end his Presidency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
    You can't impeach a President because he offends you, when literally everything offends liberals.
    Right. And no conservatives are pitching a fit over Stephen Colbert's "cockholster" comment.

There's the possible Russian ties and the emoluments clause. Those, especially the second one, are more reason than "offended me."
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Right. And no conservatives are pitching a fit over Stephen Colbert's "cockholster" comment.

There's the possible Russian ties and the emoluments clause. Those, especially the second one, are more reason than "offended me."
    I am glad you used the word possible as there seems to be a hope on one side and a dismissal on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    Tonight for whatever reason my parents started talking about Donald again and how he's screwing up again and my dad basically said he is going to get impeached soon. My question is, when is soon. They have been talking about impeaching him since January. A lot of people where I live do NOT like him. The country at least half of it doesnt like him. So how much does it take to get him impeached so we can get maybe Hillary or Bernie in office? I dont even know if thats possible.
    You should go back to school and learn about the way our government works.

You can't impeach him and put Hillary or Bernie in office. It's just not even possible.

If he was impeached, Pence would become President.

It is very hard to impeach someone though. Look at Clinton. He was getting bj's (prob more but only bj's proven) in the oval office then got caught lying about it under oath and he remained president.

It is probably much easier just to spend your time, money and energy trying to beat Trump in 2020. If I was the Dems, that is what I would be working on.

It will be tough though.

You can basically almost assume that those that voted for Trump the first time, will again. Trump is trying to do what he promised, he is just being blocked.

That means he can campaign on that he was trying to keep his promises and that the Dems were just being obstructionist (the populace doesn't like obstruction- the Dems used it as an attack line successfully on the pubs many times). Then you have people like Pelosi mistaking Trump for Bush every other day and then you have Waters confusing Korea and Crimea. Throw in the rioters breaking windows and hitting people with bike locks and you aren't going to win anybody over with that.

It might have almost been better to let Trump have his policies and then let everybody watch how they fail (if they did) and then just say "see, it doesn't work."

10+ Year Old Account
    I need a boost in my salt stocks. Sooner the better for quick turnover.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The FBI is investigating Obama's birth certificate too? Learns something new every day.
    Remember when donny said he had lawyers going to Hawaii and what they found will shock you, so far we are still waiting donny we are still waiting on those shocking storys you found

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    He will be impeached. But it won't be until after the 2018 midterms and Trump-Russia coming to a head around then.

Not sure if you are serious serious, but there is not a single shred of evidence that points toward any connection between Trump and Putin, this sad narrative is only putting a hug wedge between the people of this nation and the media.

The more they double down on these fake news stories.. the more people turn them off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    You should go back to school and learn about the way our government works.

You can't impeach him and put Hillary or Bernie in office. It's just not even possible.

If he was impeached, Pence would become President.

It is very hard to impeach someone though. Look at Clinton. He was getting bj's (prob more but only bj's proven) in the oval office then got caught lying about it under oath and he remained president.

It is probably much easier just to spend your time, money and energy trying to beat Trump in 2020. If I was the Dems, that is what I would be working on.

It will be tough though.

You can basically almost assume that those that voted for Trump the first time, will again. Trump is trying to do what he promised, he is just being blocked.

That means he can campaign on that he was trying to keep his promises and that the Dems were just being obstructionist (the populace doesn't like obstruction- the Dems used it as an attack line successfully on the pubs many times). Then you have people like Pelosi mistaking Trump for Bush every other day and then you have Waters confusing Korea and Crimea. Throw in the rioters breaking windows and hitting people with bike locks and you aren't going to win anybody over with that.

It might have almost been better to let Trump have his policies and then let everybody watch how they fail (if they did) and then just say "see, it doesn't work."
    D.Trump will win in 2020 too, the Democratic party is EXACTLY the same.. lead by the same slave owning assholes today as they were 200 years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Remember when donny said he had lawyers going to Hawaii and what they found will shock you, so far we are still waiting donny we are still waiting on those shocking storys you found
    Back in 2008 the Clinton foundation went after Obama for not being black enough, not being born in the United States and a dozen other things, it was from HER attacks on him that the birther idea continued.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I am glad you used the word possible as there seems to be a hope on one side and a dismissal on the other side.
    I'm not so blinded by my disgust of Donald that I'll ignore the fact that there's scant evidence of actual collusion with Russia at the moment (that I'm aware of.) I'd rather wait and see.

I got pissed off at conservatives who made wild claims about Hillary being the "butcher of Benghazi" despite the evidence; I'd be a hypocrite if I then accused Trump of crimes without evidence.

Trumps possible collusion with Russia or his violations of the emolument clauses should be looked into and investigated, but I'm not making any assumptions unless the authorities actually find something.
    Putin khuliyo

When this happens...this year btw, I won't know whether to laugh or be horrified that there are so many in the US that was willing to put Russian interests before their own country.

Quote Originally Posted by putridegaming View Post
    I do not think you understand the context of my post. I'm looking at it from the view of being officially removed from office aka the end of the vote in impeachment trial. The rest of the process I don't know because A. my education did not revolve on the specifics of impeachment I did take us gov just not that focused intensive.
    If you're looking at it from the view of being removed from office, say removed from office (Or convicted, even, would be more accurate).

Stop using impeach and removed from office as synonyms. They aren't. They are two parts of a process and each part is distinct and different. Adding to the already rampant ignorance should be a crime and is inexcusable if you know better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Have they ever impeached a sitting President? Nixon resigned before they could bring charges. Clinton had charges brought but didn't get impeached. So the answer is Never. They aren't going to impeach a sitting President.
    Clinton and Johnson were both impeached. Impeach means "Charge with a crime" in the context of a government official. Impeachment is the beginning of the process to remove from office, impeach DOES NOT mean remove from office.

https://www.thoughtco.com/presidents...eached-3368130
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Deleted
    You should be far more concerned with your parents spouting off nonsense and not educating you well enough on matters than directing your rage at any politician.

Becuase they impact your life in far more significant ways than Trump ever will. Just look at what you are doing, you are asking a nostradamus question on a MMO message board becuase your father said something without thinking that his son/daughter might take it seriously.

Even if he does got impeached (improbable), it still does not mean your father was right, he is merely guessing. Nor does Bernie or Hillary in office change the ill advised situation you are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    There are some restrictions which apply to other elected officials, but not the President or Vice President. And Kennedy appointed his brother as the US DA and it did not violate the Constitution. Just some thoughts and I could be wrong of course. And I do know they seem to ignore some laws, as some states have on illegal immigration and weed laws. :P
    Those are for other ethics laws (conflict of interest laws that aren't related to foreign states) that aren't enshrined in the constitution. You're wrong here. Any law that would be passed that says, "Oh, the president doesn't have to follow the emoluments clause of the constitution" would be unconstitutional. The emoluments clause takes precedent.

Edit: It would take a constitutional amendment for the president to be immune to impeachment from emoluments clause violations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm not so blinded by my disgust of Donald that I'll ignore the fact that there's scant evidence of actual collusion with Russia at the moment (that I'm aware of.) I'd rather wait and see.

I got pissed off at conservatives who made wild claims about Hillary being the "butcher of Benghazi" despite the evidence; I'd be a hypocrite if I then accused Trump of crimes without evidence.

Trumps possible collusion with Russia or his violations of the emolument clauses should be looked into and investigated, but I'm not making any assumptions unless the authorities actually find something.
    I already posted a link that there are 2 sealed indictments going out right now related to the russian interference probe. As of yesterday. Since they're sealed we don't know the specifics, but likely manafort and flynn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Deleted
    I seriously hope he gets impeached or just removed from office.
    I'm no doctor, at the moment I have a sick relative, and because of that personal situation, I can tell Trump is the poster child for early symptoms of Alzheimer's.
    The mood swings, his irritability, weak memory, the all-over-place-speeches, the impoverished vocabulary, the lack of balance, trouble in reading, are all troubling signs... plus he's 70 now, and his father also had Alzheimer's.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    I'm no doctor, at the moment I have a sick relative, and because of that personal situation, I can tell Trump is the poster child for early symptoms of Alzheimer's.
    The mood swings, his irritability, weak memory, the all-over-place-speeches, the impoverished vocabulary, the lack of balance, trouble in reading, are all troubling signs... plus he's 70 now, and his father also had Alzheimer's.
    could be the onset of Alzheimer's, or he's just not very intelligent, could be both.

Considering this is even a point that was mentioned about the GOP's "secret" meetings regarding how they're going to handle Trump going forward, it's likely.

His own party are already plotting for a possible out if the electoral backlash against them becomes too bad. And it's already mounting quickly, kicked into high gear from the AHCA fiasco.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    could be the onset of Alzheimer's, or he's just not very intelligent, could be both.
    Maybe I'm just too sensitive to this symptoms due to my family situation, maybe it's just Trump's personality. Dunno. Regardless, having a loose cannon in the WH is not positive for your Republic.

Maybe I'm just too sensitive to this symptoms due to my family situation, maybe it's just Trump's personality. Dunno. Regardless, having a loose cannon in the WH is not positive for your Republic.
    no argument there, I just think his never been that bright and now with the stress of being president along with his age is not a great mix.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    He will be impeached. But it won't be until after the 2018 midterms and Trump-Russia coming to a head around then.
    Not a chance, Skroe. The GOP doesn't have enough balls between all of them combined to piss off the older white voters that worship Trump. If they don't protect him, and those voters stay home or vote 3rd party, they are a minority party.

You (and some others) may well be willing to enter the political wilderness for a decade, as you've said before. You give the GOP too much credit thinking that significant numbers of them will. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I doubt it.

And as for the 2018 midterms, my prediction is they are a wash. Dems are defending way more seats than the GOP, and many of those seats are in states that Trump won by a large margin. For the midterms, I say no change in control, even if a few seats play musical chairs.

And of course you need a 2/3 majority in the Senate to convict and remove from office, even if the House voted the articles of impeachment through.

If you can get 2/3 of the Senate to pass a resolution declaring that 2+2=4, congrats. You can work miracles. Forget about getting it on a divisive partisan issue like impeachment. Not in this political climate. Things have changed since Watergate. I'm not even convinced Nixon would have been convicted in the Senate if he hadn't resigned.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-05-07 at 09:02 PM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Not a chance, Skroe. The GOP doesn't have enough balls between all of them combined to piss off the older white voters that worship Trump. If they don't protect him, and those voters stay home or vote 3rd party, they are a minority party.

You (and some others) may well be willing to enter the political wilderness for a decade, as you've said before. You give the GOP too much credit thinking that significant numbers of them will. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I doubt it.

And as for the 2018 midterms, my prediction is they are a wash. Dems are defending way more seats than the GOP, and many of those seats are in states that Trump won by a large margin. For the midterms, I say no change in control, even if a few seats play musical chairs.

And of course you need a 2/3 majority in the Senate to convict and remove from office, even if the House voted the articles of impeachment through.

If you can get 2/3 of the Senate to pass a resolution declaring that 2+2=4, congrats. You can work miracles. Forget about getting it on a divisive partisan issue like impeachment. Not in this political climate. Things have changed since Watergate. I'm not even convinced Nixon would have been convicted in the Senate if he hadn't resigned.
    There is absolutely no chance the senate will flip. If anything I'd say republicans could pick up seats. It's the house that is the problem. It may be gerrymandered to hell for the republicans but if people are angry enough it won't matter and that can flip.

We have no reason to believe Trumps mental state will improve. He is the poster child of mental degeneracy. My grandmother is going through this right now and it's painful to watch, and the whole world is watching him.