10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Or they'll just be cameos as you said rather than crossovers, which wouldn't really matter.
    I'm leaning more towards Cameos. MAYBE Coulson will have a larger role, because he's already been a character in the films up to now, but as for the Agents of SHIELD, I'm guessing they'll have a montage cameo at best.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Guardians 3 will be introducing adam warlock. Probably hired by those gold people to kill rocket for stealing the batteries

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Guardians 3 will be introducing adam warlock. Probably hired by those gold people to kill rocket for stealing the batteries
    Hambulary batteries

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

It was mostly Drak's idea
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was assuming Adam would be introduced in Infinity War, seeing as he's our best hope of taking out Thanos.

The possibility of him leading the Guardians for Vol 4 and onwards... highly likely.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I was assuming Adam would be introduced in Infinity War, seeing as he's our best hope of taking out Thanos.

The possibility of him leading the Guardians for Vol 4 and onwards... highly likely.
    You know the Star Lord/Gamora/Adam love triangle is in coming. Adam is a god, Star lord just gave up his god powers. Star Lord/Gamora are more "Official" now, Could be a lot of room for James Gunn's brand of comedy in there with star lord getting jealous/insecure around Adam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    It was mostly Drak's idea
    I c wut u did thar

Vol 4 if Gunn stays will likely revolve around star hawk and the "original" guardians. But I doubt gunn will stay and they all have 9 picture deals so they aren't going anywhere even if he does, marvel isn't going to throw away arguably theyre most popular team
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

damn, when I figured out that there are Gods but Thor,Odin and others are not one of them
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2017-05-07 at 09:24 PM.

I wonder if they'll do the Flash Thompson/Venom character now that Spider-man is in the MCU.

I think Gunn will stick around, if only to keep his brother working
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/capta...-the-film.html

I wonder how will they write Captain Marvel if she will be OP af.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    if she will be OP af.
    *Rambling**Can faintly make out words sounding like "Mary Sue""feminist agenda"**Rabid foaming of the mouth*

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Yeah, that page someone posted earlier in this thread with her preaching to the guy she was fighting about feminism and complaining about his opinions on Isreal(what?) was...well, atrociously bad and terribly written. I kept waiting for one of the Thor fans to jump in and say the page was fake or something, but....nobody ever did(I'm still hoping for it, any Thor fans wanna help me here?).

Shit like that keeps me away from the book, not the character being female. I mean, my collection includes a ton of Batgirl(3 different ones, no less) and an equally large amount of Supergirl(again, 2 different ones), my favorite Spider book is Silk(and I also read Spider-Gwen and the short Anya Corazon Spider-girl run), I have Dark Horse's entire original 90's AND late 2000's reboot of Ghost, I loved X-23 before they shoehorned her into the Wolverine role...I got nothing at all against female characters, but THIS one has done nothing to lure me in. And Marvel preaching about how if you don't like her you must be a knuckle dragging caveman doesn't exactly win me over.
    its not fake its a joke there have always been joke panels and there are anti sjw joke panels as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cyberglum View Post
    I think the aggresive approach to diversifying their core characters does have something to do with the recent sales slump along WITH the events and relaunching.

Plus there are other issues, including their aggressive sales strategy with the more popular titles now on a bi-weekly publishing schedule. This puts a huge strain on the artists and we end up with the current climate where artists take turns drawing a title or, even worse, several artists having to share the load and do a handful of pages per issue to keep the schedule going. While a lot of readers may not see this as a problem I think a lot do, especially the older comic book reader. Its comparable to watching the first half of, say, a GoT episode then returning after the break to find different actors playing the parts, the camera work has gone from static camera shots to a shakey, hand held cam technique and everyone is wearing a slightly different costume. Its jarring and lacks, and some may find this pompus, artistic integrity.

There are obvious exceptions, The Vison maxi-series from last year (?) was awesome and is a good example of Marvel giving the creators room to tell a story without the pressure of the events/publishing schedule destroying the vision (pun intended) they had.
    fem thor and odinson were top selling in both January and February haven't cheaked since but that kinda shows that the diversity didn't really hurt odinson or fem thor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The Comics Explained guy on youtube explained it well in my opinion. Basically whenever there is change people will bitch, #1 issues will do awesome, it will go downhill form there, and the best way is to just make new characters and have them debut alongside existing characters instead of replacing them.
    that doesn't work new characters without links to existing ones don't sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know the Star Lord/Gamora/Adam love triangle is in coming.
    For sure, for sure! Maybe even throw in Ayesha and go for a whole crazy couple farce style scene. If handled well (and we can assume by this point, James Gunn could handle it well), it could be hilarious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    I guess Marvel just doesn't care if their long-time audience sticks around, or buys as many books as they used to. My Marvel pull list continues to shrink. All of their stunt-casting and PC/SJW garbage has turned me off in a huge way. Hopefully (for their sake) they can pull in a new audience to replace those who drop books in disgust.

Yes, comics have nearly always had sociopolitical subtext. Key word: subtext.

Anyone who preaches at me (in a church, on the streetcorner, or in escapist entertainment like a comic book) gets ignored.

DC seems to have the balance about right. Nightwing, Detective Comics, Batman, Aquaman, Justice League, Batman & the Outsid ... sorry "Justice League of America" ( ) , both Green Lantern books, Flash: all good stuff, and I don't ever feel like I've been preached at after I read them.

Marvel? I really like Punisher right now, Old Man Logan, just read the first Weapon X (very good). I attribute Marvel's obsession right now with virtue signalling to 2 people: the Craptastic Duo, Bendis and Quesada.

- - - Updated - - -

No thanks. I can read the latest Noam Chomsky rambling if I want that. Escapist entertainment has its place.
    so what did you do all the other times they did stuff with characters before sjw was a thing do you always slim down your list when they do something like this? because they have always been doing stuff like this since day 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    There's a reason why these characters lasted as long as they have to become icons...
    Had they constantly changed shit to make more shit...and inconsistent shit at that, they would have died in the same way of Fox Comics long ago.

But "Marvel Legacy" right?
    you have no idea what your talking about they have been constantly changing shit non stop since the 80's not to mention dc has rebooted there whole universe like 5 times now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    so what did you do all the other times they did stuff with characters before sjw was a thing do you always slim down your list when they do something like this? because they have always been doing stuff like this since day 1.
    Well, yes. I think I've mentioned it before, though not in the post you quoted.

It's not just the virtue-signalling projects that comics companies are so fond of lately. It's crap like Mr Fixit (mobster Hulk? allofmywhut), Azrael as Batman (talk about an overused trick: Wayne is out of commission, let's push some b list nobody), and so on.

When any form of storytelling entertainment goes in a direction I don't like, I'm done with them for awhile. Sometimes a long while.

Or are you suggesting that I should continue to pay for something I don't like?
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

i do find it kind of ironic that there are exclusive shows from the same studio on two directly competing platforms (granted, netflix is more for older/backlog shows and hulu advertises itself more as a replacement for cable with latest episodes)

first set of footage

https://twitter.com/JackRicofficial/...26autosize%3D1
    wait who is the black girl on the right is that the skull? or is that suppose to be molly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Well, yes. I think I've mentioned it before, though not in the post you quoted.

It's not just the virtue-signalling projects that comics companies are so fond of lately. It's crap like Mr Fixit (mobster Hulk? allofmywhut), Azrael as Batman (talk about an overused trick: Wayne is out of commission, let's push some b list nobody), and so on.

When any form of storytelling entertainment goes in a direction I don't like, I'm done with them for awhile. Sometimes a long while.

Or are you suggesting that I should continue to pay for something I don't like?
    ok good to know, i was wondering not suggesting you should still read them just wondering if you drop titles when they do stuff like this cause most people on here don't read comics but complain when they do this stuff even though they didn't care to begin with and cant drop something they never read in the first place

you have no idea what your talking about they have been constantly changing shit non stop since the 80's not to mention dc has rebooted there whole universe like 5 times now.
    LOL
    Have their core characters changed?
    No.
    Not one goddamn bit.
    Every character out there reflects back to those created decades ago...the last creations that have any degree of popularity go back to the 90s with Gambit, Deadpool, and Cable, and that's when comic books were dying a grisly death. (In my opinion that began in the late 80s with that incredibly shit-written X-Factor.)

Hmf...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    LOL
    Have their core characters changed?
    No.
    Not one goddamn bit.
    Every character out there reflects back to those created decades ago...the last creations that have any degree of popularity go back to the 90s with Gambit, Deadpool, and Cable, and that's when comic books were dying a grisly death. (In my opinion that began in the late 80s with that incredibly shit-written X-Factor.)

Hmf...

like the hulk? who has changed from being a mindless brute to his own person with in banner who hates banner to working with banner to being the king of his own planet to being smarter then banner and probably more changes i don't remember.

or spider man with him being single then married then unmarried then being doc oc then being a rich batman like person.

or venom who went from being evil then good then evil again then working for shield then a space cop and now there making him evil again?

almost every single hero has changed a ton at there core only ones i can really think of who haven't are maybe thor and cap but i haven't read that much of there old stuff so for all i know they have probably changed to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    SO, now that Kevvy boy, the Feignator, has stated that it's not totally out of the realm of possibility for the TV shows and MCU to cross over... Are we all expecting the Defenders and Agents of SHIELD to have cameos in Infinity War, during the big "it's all going to shit" montage?
    No will never happen.

its not fake its a joke there have always been joke panels and there are anti sjw joke panels as well.
    There has always been humor in comics, but...that panel looks like a panel that was meant to be "haha funny" while conveying the message, rather than a "holy fuck this is horribly written and not funny in the least" while conveying the message.