Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    If you don't understand what the EU is or how it works, why do you have such strong opinions about it? No one is saying national governments should be disbanded nor are they saying "give up all your sovereignty".
    Indeed. These things are multi-faceted. The UK is, ironically, a good example. One can be British and Scottish at the same time, without either suppressing the other. In the same way, I think one can be [insert whichever country] and European.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    They would be shitting their pants if they knew that Pinochet dabbled with the Chinese government of that time... they were "allies"
    I don't even understand why Reddit allows that subreddit to exist. It seems like something that would violate multiple reddit rules. Most importantly people calling for the assassination of an elected president.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Opinions change. And the federation wont happen in 10 years. If it happens, it's going to be decades down the road, and quite a lot can happen in the meantime.
    No, Nordics don't want to give out their sovereignty. And we don't have jack shit of a power in the EU due to the proportional amount of MEP's because of population.

The distribution of power and money should be changed drastically for Nordics to accept such development.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    The_Donald is lulz

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    So basically what you are saying is because most Europeans are ashamed of their history they are quire eager to have their heritage and culture wiped out and replaced with something else. A central ideal or a merger of other cultures to over right your own.
    Europeans are not ashamed of our history. There's no shame to be had in other people's crimes and faults, only lessons. We learned ours.

As for cultures - they don't overwrite each other. They blend together to form something new. They evolve, as they should.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Europe was ashamed if their history we would never hear about it.

Indeed. These things are multi-faceted. The UK is, ironically, a good example. One can be British and Scottish at the same time, without either suppressing the other. In the same way, I think one can be [insert whichever country] and European.
    Ehhh, maybe in days past (although there is an argument that "Scottish" was subsumed by "British") but more and more lately, the people who describe themselves as "British and Scottish" usually emphasize the "British" part and cringe at anything considered "Scottish".

As for cultures - they don't overwrite each other. They blend together to form something new. They evolve, as they should.
    hmmmmm sounds vaguely similar to one certain part of the world... I wonder where.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    No, Nordics don't want to give out their sovereignty. And we don't have jack shit of a power in the EU due to the proportional amount of MEP's because of population.
    It's not proportional, though. Take my country, for example. We have 11 MEP's, which is something like 12% the number Germany has, while having only 5% the population. I.e., my country has 2.5 times the impact it should given its size.

And my country is tiny and still supports a EU federation by 50%. So that can't be the reason why Nords don't want it. It has to be more complicated.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2017-05-08 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    a guy that stole a fuckton of money?
    wot?
    It's not theft, it's "smart business".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    a guy that stole a fuckton of money?
    wot?

- - - Updated - - -

They would be shitting their pants if they knew that Pinochet dabbled with the Chinese government of that time... they were "allies"
    and that soon after the coup (in 1975-1978) he became an enemy of the US... and that he embraced free trade and capitalism like no other
    watch the movie chicago boyd (its a chilean one about the economic experiment of our country)
    He loved killing 'lefties', that is all that matters to them.
    Even if Macron is right wing

If you don't understand what the EU is or how it works, why do you have such strong opinions about it? No one is saying national governments should be disbanded nor are they saying "give up all your sovereignty".
    But they do and they have, little by little. Why do you think brexit happened? Because the bureaucrats in Brussels were continually chipping away at Britain's sovereign rights. You cant tell me the end game isn't a centralised European government, as Kallisto or Wikiy is advocating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    hmmmmm sounds vaguely similar to one certain part of the world... I wonder where.
    I know, right? Horrid America and what it does to culture!

- - - Updated - - -

Ehhh, maybe in days past (although there is an argument that "Scottish" was subsumed by "British") but more and more lately, the people who describe themselves as "British and Scottish" usually emphasize the "British" part and cringe at anything considered "Scottish".
    Well it doesn't much have to do with what one calls themselves. It's more general than that... Whenever I see a Scot somewhere, be it on some show or giving an interviewing or whatever (say, QI), one can notice that there's a culture there that didn't get erased by being part of something larger.

Also, centralisation of power or control does not translate to more efficient or effective government. In fact it means the complete opposite.
    Not if you properly apply the principle of subsidiarity. Consolidation has helped a lot of regions to come together as whole nations to great effect. Germany, China, Japan, the US - they all centralized power and control, becoming much more efficient in the process. But, of course, that is not universally given, the process has to be done right. If you look at a lot of African nations, they would probably be better off splintered than centralized.

Add to that the fact that some problems simply cannot be solved sufficiently well by singular nations anymore. Getting good trade deals, climate change, deterrence - the bigger the union, the more effective these things can be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the bureaucrats in Brussels were continually chipping away at Britain's sovereign rights.
    No, not continually. Britain lost the rights they lost when they entered the Union some 30 years ago. They didn't lose any rights in the meantime. In fact, they got more and more benefits and more and more exclusions and special rights.

Deleted
    Really sad to see that sexism and mysoginy prevailed.

Using leftist rhetoric as a joke aside, it seems some countries are more willing than others to free themselves from the globalist grip.
    If the election of Macron doesn't result in a safer france, it will have become a terrible mistake.

I know, right? Horrid America and what it does to culture!
    well to be fair our culture is pretty much just "consumer capitalism" anything that can fit there in is welcome to us!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's not proportional, though. Take my country, for example. We have 8 MEP's, which is something like 12% the number Germany has, while having only 5% the population. I.e., my country has 2.5 times the impact it should given its size.
    Still, individual small countries are irrelevant.

And my country is tiny and still supports a EU federation by 50%. So that can't be the reason why Nords don't want it. It has to be more complicated.
    1. EU costs us money 2. EU costs us sovereignty 3. We don't need EU 4. We are stable and open societies already without EU.

So for those things we really need to get something back a lot. Like power.

For Nordics to accept a federation - it should be a democracy of nations. One nation, one vote.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

They can't, that's one of the points of the EU.
    I see... Members only club. Seems a little hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    https://twitter.com/SaveTWest/status/861338599001919488

Now they are attacking him for having no kids.
    Rutte and Merkel being workaholics is also a bad thing now,
    I find it funny that they are crying like children that she lost.

Almost like the same thing they laughed at the 'left' for doing when Trump won.

No wonder the alt right sided with Trump, they are both thin skinned snowflakes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Really sad to see that sexism and mysoginy prevailed.

Using leftist rhetoric as a joke aside, it seems some countries are more willing than others to free themselves from the globalist grip.
    If the election of Macron doesn't result in a safer france, it will have become a terrible mistake.
    At least he will be a better leader than the thin skinned snowflake golfer in chief that America has.