Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You could just say what crimes he committed, the thread is lengthy.
    You could just read the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

It's unlikely to happen until congressional elections next year. If Trump's favorability stays really low or somehow gets lower, then throwing him under the bus to save congressional seats will make tactical sense for the GOP. All it would do is swap Trump for Pence, so it's no loss to the party at large. It's more likely that bluster would increase at that time, but actual movement toward removing him would be suspiciously absent.

If the article above about indictments are true, one of those nuts, Flynn or Manafort, will crack.. Then it will all domino...
    Trump's in NJ right now talking to some Russian big wheel. Probably trying to sweet-talk him into planning an escape route.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    ok my question is this. if he does get impeached, will Hillary be put into office instead? Or how does that work. Sorry im not into the whole political scene thing. But how can hillary take place?
    Pence would become president- only outcome of impeaching Trump.

Which if you aren't so pro- Christianity it gives you nose bleeds is worse. I do not want a religious zealot as a President. There is no one "right" religion- but people seem to forget that and claim their way is best.

I don't like Trump but he's better than the alternative. Pence would send us back to the dark ages...

Quote Originally Posted by RayenDark View Post
    I don't like Trump but he's better than the alternative. Pence would send us back to the dark ages...
    I have a feeling that a lot of the anti-trump camp would be less eager to have him removed if they knew more about Pence. Well, that, and for some, if they realized removing trump doesn't magically put a democrat in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    I have a feeling that a lot of the anti-trump camp would be less eager to have him removed if they knew more about Pence. Well, that, and for some, if they realized removing trump doesn't magically put a democrat in office.
    A lot of the stuff pence would try to do is unconstitutional, and would likely be shot down in the courts, just like trump. He's better because he's not an unstable idiot.

ok my question is this. if he does get impeached, will Hillary be put into office instead? Or how does that work. Sorry im not into the whole political scene thing. But how can hillary take place?
    Hillary would have to run in the next election. If Trump gets impeached... then it's Pence, followed in order by Paul Ryan, Orrin Hatch, Rex Tillerson, Steven Mnuchin and then Mad Dog Mattis.

But lets be realistic... intelligent people wouldn't want to have to deal with most of the top 10 under Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    A lot of the stuff pence would try to do is unconstitutional, and would likely be shot down in the courts, just like trump. He's better because he's not an unstable idiot.
    I don't disagree, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a lot further to the right than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The facts so far:

1.) 17 agencies of the U.S. Intelligence Community unanimously concluded that Russia ran a significant operation to interfere with the U.S. presidential election.
    2.) The FBI director confirmed under oath that Trump and his campaign/administration are under active FBI investigation for possibly colluding with Russia in this plot to affect the election.
    I might care more about this if FBI investigations didn't so recently seem to do jack shit about publicly stated and verified statements that broke federal law and did nothing... makes it look more like stated investigations are just to highlight people/organizations rather than actually do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Hillary would have to run in the next election. If Trump gets impeached... then it's Pence, followed in order by Paul Ryan, Orrin Hatch, Rex Tillerson, Steven Mnuchin and then Mad Dog Mattis.

But lets be realistic... intelligent people wouldn't want to have to deal with most of the top 10 under Trump
    By the time it's remotely possible it'll be pence>whoever dems pick as speaker in 2018. I don't think there's really a chance before then or if the dems don't take control of the house.

- - - Updated - - -

I might care more about this if FBI investigations didn't so recently seem to do jack shit about publicly stated and verified statements that broke federal law and did nothing... makes it look more like stated investigations are just to highlight people/organizations rather than actually do anything.
    I'd keep reading further in the thread. Supposedly 2 sealed indictments are meandering through the courts after the grand juries heard evidence.

I'd keep reading further in the thread. Supposedly 2 sealed indictments are meandering through the courts after the grand juries heard evidence.
    After seeing the recent mishandlings of the law concerning politics... I sincerely doubt anything will come of it.

Honestly, the way you go on isn't far different than how people went on about Obama in the past. I get it, you don't like the current POTUS and feel as though they are a threat to whatever... you're way of thinking isn't new and if it does go through, then it would just be further misscarriages of how politics should be run, but with a face you maybe dislike less ultimately doing much of the same shit.

Deleted
    The sad thing about the US system is that the presiden't can't be fired for incompetence.

To me, it's absolutely crazy how the markets aren't going ballistic on the US interest rates given all the uncertainty that Trump represents (maybe they are and we just arent having stories about it?). Any other country, just the cost of that uncertainty to the country would cost him his job.
    And i mean, a country with trillions of debt wasting money on some crazy wall?! Sounds crazy.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those are for other ethics laws (conflict of interest laws that aren't related to foreign states) that aren't enshrined in the constitution. You're wrong here. Any law that would be passed that says, "Oh, the president doesn't have to follow the emoluments clause of the constitution" would be unconstitutional. The emoluments clause takes precedent.

Edit: It would take a constitutional amendment for the president to be immune to impeachment from emoluments clause violations.

- - - Updated - - -

I already posted a link that there are 2 sealed indictments going out right now related to the russian interference probe. As of yesterday. Since they're sealed we don't know the specifics, but likely manafort and flynn.
    I would not hold your breath. A democrat senator today said they have so far, no evidence of any Russians working with the Trump campaign team. And the emoluments clause I think will not get any attention unless the democrats win back the majority in Congress in 2018. I just hate to see you get your hopes up too high.

After seeing the recent mishandlings of the law concerning politics... I sincerely doubt anything will come of it.

Honestly, the way you go on isn't far different than how people went on about Obama in the past. I get it, you don't like the current POTUS and feel as though they are a threat to whatever... you're way of thinking isn't new and if it does go through, then it would just be further misscarriages of how politics should be run, but with a face you maybe dislike less ultimately doing much of the same shit.
    Let's be clear: I don't think he's going to be impeached. I don't like him, that's true, but to claim that nothing is coming from the FBI investigations when flynn has asked for immunity for his testimony and neither the house nor the senate taking him up on the offer, leads me to believe he's guilty of something, especially with reports of indictments coming down. I just don't really think it's going to go much further than flynn and manafort. The way I entered this thread was correcting someone about the FBI investigation dying down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I would not hold your breath. A democrat senator today said they have so far, no evidence of any Russians working with the Trump campaign team. And the emoluments clause I think will not get any attention unless the democrats win back the majority in Congress in 2018. I just hate to see you get your hopes up too high.
    My hopes aren't really up. If I had to put odds on it I'd say something like 10:1 against.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

My hopes aren't really up. If I had to put odds on it I'd say something like 10:1 against.
    Good to hear you are being realistic.

Not soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    The sad thing about the US system is that the presiden't can't be fired for incompetence.

To me, it's absolutely crazy how the markets aren't going ballistic on the US interest rates given all the uncertainty that Trump represents (maybe they are and we just arent having stories about it?). Any other country, just the cost of that uncertainty to the country would cost him his job.
    And i mean, a country with trillions of debt wasting money on some crazy wall?! Sounds crazy.
    I think it takes more than 4 months to really complete any of the tasks stated. And the failures so far present were shot down by people who would likely be trying to pull the incompetence card... As incompetence, as I was taught, means inability to successfully complete a task.... it would be a grand joke to cause someone's failure just so you could can them for the failure you caused.

Deleted
    But his twitter says he is the most successful president ever...?!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what?? So your telling me if the country doesnt like the president, we cant get him impeached? So what will it take then?
    Ignorance like this is really depressing. Go read the freaking Constitution. Article II, section 4:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

What has Trump done that meets any of these standards?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Ignorance like this is really depressing. Go read the freaking Constitution. Article II, section 4:

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

What has Trump done that meets any of these standards?
    Read the thread. If they want an excuse to impeach him, they've got the grounds to do that much. It's just incredibly unlikely he'll be removed from office.