Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    IIRC, that was about the time a lot of important people were moved off the WoW team and put on Titan's development.

They should have put them on WoW2, not titan >.>. The end of WotLK would have been the perfect time to stop WoW and make WoW2, because of the WC3 storyline ending.
    I get what you are saying. But I guess I failed abit coz I was trying to be sarcastic. I'll put it into another perspective. Activison. Now not saying Spyro the Dragon is the best series of all time (because I dont think it is). But there is a reason we havent seen a new game in that series for about 7-8 years now.

Also about development ... they have openly stated several times that they have increased the team. Sure some may have been put on different projects. But IF the team is bigger then before and the tech now compared to say 8-10 years ago.... Wtf happened :/?

-A fun engaging talent system, something similar to what Wrath had.
    -A huge boost of world content
    -world pvp
    -one time world events
    -a huge injection of RPG into the MMO
    -more flexible transmog system
    -a new spec for all classes except druids, because fuck druids
    -spell casting using weapons instead of the crappy hand animations we've been using for 12 years
    -subraces
    -class character customization on par with DHs
    -personal character stories
    -player housing

Not being able to trade oh let's say an 885 gear with totally wrong stats when you have 880 with perfect stats....so freaking annoying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauro View Post
    They have openly stated several times that they have increased the team. Sure some may have been put on different projects. But IF the team is bigger then before and the tech now compared to say 8-10 years ago.... Wtf happened :/?
    Different people with different design philosophies happened... The people in charge moved to other projects and other people with different ideas for the direction the game should go took the reigns.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Different people with different design philosophies happened... The people in charge moved to other projects and other people with different ideas for the direction the game should go took the reigns.
    And thats the whole point! They changed owners to people who only cares about money.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wanna see WoW in better graphics down road.. also i wanna see lore character transmog sets. i wanna have mine as ysera and jaina
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    And thats the whole point! They changed owners to people who only cares about money.
    I'm not talking about the owners, I'm talking about the lead game designers and such, the people in charge of the project.

They moved the veteran team to a new project, someone had to take over development for WoW, it just happened to be the wrong people.

If they only cared about money they wouldn't have taken the risk of moving the core of the design team off of their most lucrative franchise and onto something they knew was risky from the beginning. They took a risk, it failed (sort of, because Overwatch was still a success).
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Better class design

Deleted
    Im all for people having different opinions, no problem. But if we were to speak more honestly and neautrally. Can you honestly say that the turnover from Vivendi to Activision havent played a part in the derailment of wow?

I'd like them to do like runescape did and release a seperate "old school" WoW, which will basically be vanilla servers, with constant updates

10+ Year Old Account
    These days I care most about actual story development and presentation.

7.2s weekly quests ... well. Not exactly what I'd call story.

Screw the hamster wheel of ever invalidated gear/point grinds. My time is too valuable for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    I would like to see more REAL content.

The latest Legion questline is a perfect example: If you wouldn't have the forced break every week you would need an afternoon to get it all done. So much timegated stuff to pace down the game.
    When I started with WoW (Classic) the World was a huge cake. I could choose what part I'm gonna eat, how much I eat, how fast I eat. Now I just feel like a horse in a stable that gets alweays the same small bits of fodder in a different colour every day.

Imo Blizzard spends to many ressources for the wrong stuff (e.g. Order Hall aka Garrison 2.0, pet battle dungeons (WTF?????) or the secret scaling that was implemented on the broken shore to slow down the pacing of the game).
    Stuff that really keeps the player motivated are neglected. Preacher made a great vid about the problems within mythic raiding. There he really nails what keeps players motivated and what detroys guilds at the moment.

Another thing is the quality of delivered content regarding the "finetuning". A have never seen so many hotfixes like in Legion. Do they at least test their own stuff ? I don't talk about bugs here, just balancing stuff right (e.g. Nethershard farming). I just miss the quality level that always made Blizzard more professional, dedicated and creative than every other game developer.
    I agree with most everything you listed, but their is one thing I would disagree with, the whole pet battle content bashing is kind unnecessary. It may surprise you but their is actually a chunk of the community that plays with pet battles as one of their main venues of fun content. The pet battle dungeons are a nice bone tossed to this community every once in a while, and considering they reuse existing dungeons and NPC models for most everything associated with them you cant even say its really draining their creative budget. If you want to be mad about wasted resources, maybe we should push for the reuse of Interior kits that are most often used once and then discarded. I wouldn't mind if instead of just getting cathedral of the night, we also got 2 other dungeons that reused art assets to give us a bigger ball of content.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2017-05-08 at 05:16 AM.

Actually listening to feedback and giving us improved communication like they said they were going to do and still haven't.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im all for people having different opinions, no problem. But if we were to speak more honestly and neautrally. Can you honestly say that the turnover from Vivendi to Activision havent played a part in the derailment of wow?
    Activision doesn't own Blizzard, Activision and Blizzard both own both companies collectively.

I will now say again, Activision isn't in charge of Blizzard because they don't own Blizzard, they are sister companies working independently under the same name.

I'm real sick of people acting like Activision has any say in what Blizzard does... If Activision was in charge, project titan would have never been attempted because that shit was risky as hell because of how much it tried to innovate, and if there is two things Activision doesn't do, it's take risks and innovate...

Not to mention Overwatch wouldn't have happened either, because it was also a big risk, while simultaneously competing with (and crushing) Activision's own cashcow CoD in the FPS scene. Overwatch also uses a non-greedy buisness model that Activision doesn't employ on their games, with microtransactions only to speed up the acquisition of cosmetics while simultaneously giving free content updates, which CoD doesn't do.

Activision isn't in charge of Blizzard. Blizzard and Activision are separate companies under the umbrella of the Activision-Blizzard name. Activision have no say in WoW like Blizzard have no say Call of Duty.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-05-08 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Constant rotating World Events. My favourite things about RIFT and GW2 was the ability to just jump into random large scale fights.
    Yep that makes the world feel really alive. In the same vein, both legacy and new world bosses on a fixed respawn timer rather than RNG. It just makes stuff age poorly and makes me hate it.

- Removal of Titanforged system

- Removal of Legendaries.

- Not overextending the World Quest system any more. We are already at 3 effective Emissaries - Emissary, Invasion, Broken Shore - per day.

I think Legion is overall in a great spot. PvE content is numerous, challenging and fun. The AP grind tends to be pretty heavy during progression phases, which makes optional content like invasions mandatory. AP provides a consistent progression system with cool mechanical additions to specs - on the downside, this is sometimes so deeply integrated into the class that speccs like Blood DK can feel entirely lackluster and incomplete without them. Similar to Legendaries new cool mechanical changes like the Gold traits and utility traits should be incorporated here, rather than flat-% DPS increases.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't call a game "play to win" unless players' success was commonly defined by their spending of real money on the game, which clearly isn't the case with WoW.
    My point is - Some people believe acquiring an achievement or a piece of gear means you are winning. In my opinion, this is far from the truth. These things simply enable you in one way or another. If you are a skilled player, and you actively raid, you will simply just recieve gear and achievements without activly persuing them. Its not the other way around.

Skill is what leads to winning - skill can't be bought. This argument that you can buy your way into raids or pay people to just carry you and raid for you does not lead to you winning anything. If you go through all these motions, and you then apply to a server top mythic raiding guild, sure you might get accepted but you wont perform.... you wont have the skill required. So with all your shiny gear and with all your achievements you will LOSE your raiding spot. Thats right, you will LOSE. Not win, despire throwing as much money as you want at the game.

With this logic that you and everyone else uses to argue that wow is pay to win, ever single game every made is pay to win. I can pay anyone to do things for me if you consider this winning.
    Last edited by Azen; 2017-05-08 at 07:00 AM.

Deleted
    Activision doesn't own Blizzard, Activision and Blizzard both own both companies collectively.
    No. Both Activision and Blizzard are owned by ATVI, which is a publicly traded company. ATVI owns and controls Blizzard, and ATVI is controlled (and to a large extent owned) by one Bobby Kotick, who you may know as the previous head of Activision. So in practice it is the ex-Activision people and their philosophy that controls Blizzard.

If Activision was in charge, project titan would have never been attempted because that shit was risky as hell because of how much it tried to innovate, and if there is two things Activision doesn't do, it's take risks and innovate...
    Which is precisely why, after scrapping Titan, they publicly announced that Blizzard would not be doing projects of that magnitude anymore and instead would focus on exploiting their existing IP with smaller, simpler games. It's the Activision strategy forced on Blizzard by the Activision people that control Blizzard through ATVI.

Not to mention Overwatch wouldn't have happened either, because it was also a big risk, while simultaneously competing with (and crushing) Activision's own cashcow CoD in the FPS scene.
    Overwatch is the remains of Titan that they decided to salvage after Titan was scrapped as an MMORPG. There was in fact talk that Titan was scrapped in large part so that it would not compete with Destiny, but that has never been confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by anklestabber View Post
    No. Both Activision and Blizzard are owned by ATVI, which is a publicly traded company. ATVI owns and controls Blizzard, and ATVI is controlled (and to a large extent owned) by one Bobby Kotick, who you may know as the previous head of Activision. So in practice it is the ex-Activision people and their philosophy that controls Blizzard.

ATVI is the NASDAQ symbol for Activision Blizzard :|

This usage is really weird.

I want older content to not always be relevant. I know that I don't have to farm every raid, but if I want a legendary, farming all the raids is by far the best way to go about it.

It should be that after a certain ilvl, you get nothing from older content but maybe get more bad luck protection points from the new raids.

To be honest that's what drove me away from playing wow, that and the consistent need to do world quests. They got so boring after a bit, and they just put more of them in 7.2. It could be nice if it was 2 WQs in broken shore a day max.