Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that Dwayne Casey finally gets sacked after that piss poor playoff performance.

I really thought the Dinobot upgrades would have helped them at least get 1 win, but with Lowry out, they really had NO ONE to go to when the 2011 dunk CHAMP was out.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Let's put the obvious aside - DeRozan and Lowry are too inconsistent or too injured to be your two best guys. I still believe that's more a coaching issue than a player one but I digress.

When this guy is #3 on your payroll, you're gonna have some fucking issues.

This offseason is gonna be a clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    How do you figure Boston should be up 3-1? Tch after a 26-0 run I mean they kinda deserve that L
    I'm a Wizards fan. We should be up 3-1 meaning the Wizards should be up 3-1.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Read the Zach Lowe piece on ESPN. They have a lot of tough choices.
    Ya, read it. Predictably, Lowry opted out. I really don't know if the Raps should give him the max.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if I can catch this game. Have to work and whaddaya know it's actually busy for once. =/ Good luck to the Jazz anyway, they will certainly need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I hope that Dwayne Casey finally gets sacked after that piss poor playoff performance.
    He didn't get sacked after the Washington sweep...

Team needs some major changes. I hope Masai does what is necessary.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    That's the bind they face. They kinda have to pay him the max, but if they do they can't be as good as he wants them to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Cavs could move Kyrie to SG easily. He's not really a pg anyway. But yeah idk, it is a long shot. They'd probably have to trade love for it to work.
    No more than 3 year max, but he shouldn't get a max contract with the cap situation as it is. Toronto needs a three point shooter and a ball mover if they keep Lowry.

Raps should and probably will max Lowry. Fact is it's hard to be a real contender and it's unlikely they will be able to use the cap space to become one. Fielding a team that has a good shot at a top 3 seed and eastern semis/finals is a good goal for a franchise that historically has been deprived of playoff success.

I agree. But I also think they have to be careful to recognize that they're not really a contender so they need to avoid trading away draft picks so they're well positioned when the team inevitably falls apart. A good example of how to do this is the Lakers. They paid Kobe, then when he got hurt they spent the last 3 years of his career semi-secretly tanking while their fans enjoyed watching their aging hero. Kobe retires, the team admits it is rebuilding, and already they've got 2 #2 picks and a #7 pick on the roster. This year they're scheduled to get the 3 pick.

So from a fan's perspective, the transition happens somewhat seamlessly - you watch the old guard fall to pieces and have 2-3 bad years, then the franchise admits it's time to rebuild when they've already got some talent in the stable for fans to watch.
    The Lakers are a good example of how tanking doesn't guarantee anything though. Randle and Russell were picks 7 and 2 but I doubt they will be anything more than borderline all-stars. Ingram is a little early to tell considering how much weight he needs to add, but so far he has been very unimpressive. They've got a bunch of young guys now but unless they get a top tier free agent I doubt their ceiling is higher than a low playoff seed first round exit. Why go through years of tanking when you can achieve the same by overpaying free agents while remaining decent? From my perspective I would rather have my team consistently make the playoffs and lose in 1st/2nd round while being watchable than tank for years for the slim chance to build a championship winning roster.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    No more than 3 year max, but he shouldn't get a max contract with the cap situation as it is. Toronto needs a three point shooter and a ball mover if they keep Lowry.
    I don't disagree that we shouldn't be signing him to the max, but if he's going to max with us, it'll be for five years. That's the point of staying here over moving.

That's the bind they face. They kinda have to pay him the max, but if they do they can't be as good as he wants them to be.
    Yea, agreed. In a perfect world, we keep him and get another piece, but my brain says to let him walk.
    Last edited by jregz; 2017-05-09 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How freaking frustrating. Didn't catch the game but saw the score.

I mean, nobody expected the Jazz to stand a chance. It's just annoying that we didn't even put up a fight. Kind of makes our whole season seem kinda meh. As a Jazz fan I couldn't be prouder, our first real Playoffs run in...well, years. We've grown exponentially as a team and I think we're great. But to literally every other NBA fan we're just another checkmark on GSW's title run and we'll fade back into obscurity next season with no one caring about us.

At least one victory would have gotten people talking. /sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Same, was at work.

Toe be fair, this is the NBA. If you're not Golden State or San Antonio in the West, you might as well not even bother trying. Unless you put together a team of superstars, you're fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post

I mean, nobody expected the Jazz to stand a chance. It's just annoying that we didn't even put up a fight. Kind of makes our whole season seem kinda meh. As a Jazz fan I couldn't be prouder, our first real Playoffs run in...well, years. We've grown exponentially as a team and I think we're great. But to literally every other NBA fan we're just another checkmark on GSW's title run and we'll fade back into obscurity next season with no one caring about us.

At least one victory would have gotten people talking. /sigh
    Nah, the Jazz got on my radar about midway through this season and I look forward to keeping tabs on them. I really like the squad and Hayward is my boo. Besides, if the Clippers blow up because of their 1st round exit, the whole season would be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    shit man... looks like the rockets could be going to the conference finals. i didn't think they'd blow out SAS but they are looking pretty good right now. i just dont want it to be another gsw year @________@

5+ Year Old Account
    Im rooting for the Milwaukee bucks but unfortunately beaten by the raptors. and my predictions will be The Spurs beating the Cavs on The Finals!!!!

Cavs could move Kyrie to SG easily. He's not really a pg anyway. But yeah idk, it is a long shot. They'd probably have to trade love for it to work.
    If you do that, just keep Deron as the starting PG. Fat ass Lowry is NOT an upgrade over no knees Deron Williams. And certainly not for the money he'd demand.

Back in NY. Goddamn you guys are boring and can't keep people updated while they can't watch games and can only read the thread.

Spreadsheet updated.

GSW wins in 4.
    18/18 chose GSW.
    5/18 chose GS in 4. (FobManX, Faltemer, Stommped, Blueobelisk, Allerius.)

CLE wins in 4.
    18/18 chose CLE.
    2/18 chose CLE in 4. (THE Bigzoman, Allerius.)

Currently points leader is Allerius with 20 points. (Correctly guessed both teams so far.)

- - - Updated - - -

HOU is up 60-58 at halftime. I think Harden has 23 points? I didn't really watch the game...just had it in background on TV while I was on desktop.

We're at the point where it's one game a day. Pretty intense stuffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Omg I'm so ashamed. The third quarter started with Houston going up 65-58 and Pop had to call a time out to yell at people in the first few mins. I was ready to declare Spurs the series losers.

And then, Spurs end up leading 86-85 at the very end of the third quarter because of a Danny Green 3 pointer. San An crowd went wild.

For a second there I was a dirty non-believer.

- - - Updated - - -

This game is fucking good.

- - - Updated - - -

99-99 with a min left.

- - - Updated - - -

101-101 with 34.5 left. Houston ball coming out of time out. This game is insane.

- - - Updated - - -

This wonder woman looks ugly. And is she supposed to be Spanish? I get the feeling this movie is gonna flop, because I'm sexist and don't think she's interesting enough to be a main character. Or maybe because DC movies suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Offensive foul called on Harden. He ran the clock down to 11.1. Pretty sure it's Spurs ball and they took a timeout.

Spurs have a chance to win. Otherwise we might see OT.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to see OT because this series is good but I also want the Spurs to win so I'm not sure if I should be rooting for a shot to fall down or not...

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking Hell that was retarded. Overtime.

Spurs didn't advance the ball. Inbound to Patty Mills. He held the ball behind the three point line while walking. He went up at the very end and actually got a three in but it was definitely after the buzzer.

The issue was Pao Gasol was in the paint and he was supposed to clear out to make space so someone could drive, but he was there. Pop was yelling at him as he walked to bench. Pao and his failure (even though it didn't look like he did anything wrong at all) cost the Spurs.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry maybe he wanted Pao to screen again. Also, Kahwi wasn't on the floor for that last play. He's still on bench for OT.

- - - Updated - - -

Kawhi landed poorly on his ankle or foot or something before btw so that's why he's being benched.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol break down in communications for Rockets too. Harden was waiting for a screen from way behind three point line. Bad OT possessions for Houston so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Spurs shots aren't falling. If LMA wasn't so bad tonight then he could have scored at least 30 from the paint. Houston has been playing small so he should have been bullying them all night long.

- - - Updated - - -

What a bullshit basket interference call.

- - - Updated - - -

Charles Barkley is right. These girls in SA are fat.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow first 3 mins of OT was terrible basketball. Went scoreless. Now it's so exciting with both teams retaking the lead.

- - - Updated - - -

Spurs up 109-107 with 30.1 left. Houston gets ball out of time out.

Harden has 8 turnovers this game. 3 of them in OT. So sloppy. Spurs don't look like a superpower either. But it's understandable that both teams are tired. Defense is pretty tight this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Houston fucked it up. Spurs get ball. They foul Danny Green with 15.7 left.

He misses first free throw.

- - - Updated - - -

Gets second free throw.

Spurs up 110-107. 15.7 secs left. Houston ball out of time out.

A three point will tie it up for 2OT...

- - - Updated - - -

Patty Mills knocks ball away. Jump ball lololol.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh. My. God.

Houston got the ball. It was in Hardens hands. Harden goes for a three pointer miracle, but Ginobli knocked the ball out of his hands from behind.

No 2OT. Spurs goes up 3-2.

- - - Updated - - -

Kawhi got benched for his injury, but Pao got benched because he fucked up that last play in regulation. Spurs still won.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Charles Barkley is right. These girls in SA are fat.
    Fat or just have big booties? I know quite a few people in SA, most are mexican's and of the chicks, they have big latin booty but I wouldn't call them fat. There was a white bitch that went down there (with her mexican guy) who has big titties and booty, but she's still real fit.

No...they were fat. They were white. Like, not how I mentioned preppy upper-middle class suberbs white like the people in Boston. These were like...sort of Southern/well-off but still slightly redneck white. The camera was focusing on them when Spurs did cool stuff. Kinda interesting to see the upper class at the big playoff games.

Which reminds me of a funny thing from the other day. Some guy with courtside (feet on floor) seats was arguing with Durant, and Durant yelled something back at him. So one broadcaster was like "Durant doesn't even need to pay attention to him, he's a nobody." And Jeff Van Gundy (famous broadcaster) was like "no, he's a somebody if he's paying for those floor seats. Anyone sitting this close to the court is super rich." And the other broadcaster said "you're sitting close to the court and you're not super rich" and it was lololol.

Tonight:
    WAS @ BOS. (2-2). 8 PM. TNT.

Last night the TNT crew was analyzing. (Btw, Charles Barkley won an Emmy or something last night for best sports analyst or something. Craig Saiger won something too.) Anyway, TNT crew was showing footage of Boston talking to media and IT was saying it's super important to win on home court and they also interviewed that Kelly Olziac or w/e the fuck his name is.

So the discussion devolved into how Kelly was a physical/dirty player and it turned into another discussion of whether he intentionally injured Kevin Love 2 years ago.

So they fucking posted a statistical comparison of him against Draymond Green, and it was like Kelly only had 3 technical fouls for his career, but Draymond had like fucking 45 techs, like 3 flagrants, and like 3 ejections, and they showed highlights of Draymond doing physical fouls and shit and everyone was like "how did Draymond come into the discussion LOL".

Sooooooooooo tonight's gonna be a fun game, too. If Wizards can overcome the Boston home court then they probabllllly win their next home game to take the series.