Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I remember few years ago there was a report that a big portion of active players are not even max level, so that might be it. I've seen less than 5 people on ground mounts in the last 2 weeks.

I guess it's because a lot of people just aren't participating in the game fully and choose to do everything the most "efficient" way, bypassing as much stuff as possible. For example, by zerg-leveling, using those realm hopping and WQ grouping addons etc. IMO it's almost impossible to NOT have the achievement if you just play the game. I never did anything for it consciously and still have it.

Welcome to the extremely vocal minority in favour of flying. Who knew! I only got it because I literally had everything else done without even realising.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I guess it's because a lot of people just aren't participating in the game fully and choose to do everything the most "efficient" way and bypassing as much stuff as possible. For example, by zerg-leveling, using those realm hopping and WQ grouping addons etc. IMO it's almost impossible NOT to have the achievement.
    I did exactly that, zerged content (realm first of my class for scale, accidentally), barely did any WQs (only emissary, probably skipped more than I've done) and still had P1 done before the patch hit. No excuse besides people not caring/doing content at all.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-05-08 at 02:00 PM.

Turns out making a player do most, if not all, of the available content, in order to unlock something that main functionality is reduce the travel-time to-and-fro that would take to make said available content, makes it significantly less appealing and useful.

This is a shocking revelation.

Not having part 1 is essentially just flat out not doing outdoor content or even emissaries. It's basically just revered with everyone and exalted with Nightfallen. (Which is incredibly fast now for Nightfallen).
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I think flying should be earning only after a decent grind or a hard to get achievment, the way blizz is doing now is too easy for a casual to get flying in less than 3 weeks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    I think flying should be earning only after a decent grind or a hard to get achievment, the way blizz is doing now is too easy for a casual to get flying in less than 3 weeks
    ...It was hard originally having to do the invasions in all the zones but they got rid of that due to the fact well it's pretty harsh considering the times the invasions come up.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I can understand the divide in PF2 but how the fuck do you not get PF1 yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. I don't have either because I just don't give a fuck about flying. I still do emissary quests, raid with my guild (we got heroic Gul'dan down last night, whoo) work on alts. Just flying has never been something I've cared about. Different strokes for different folks, which is what Blizzard is so good at: catering to a wide base.
    no it shows how they like to fuck with the People who enjoy flying

I have it and it has speed up alot of my day to day stuff like emissary caches and stuff. I think blizzard has handled the flying thing the best the can. There is a split of people who want flying and dont. So they didnt put it in for launch and then slowly allowed it to unlock catering for both party's.

I think we can all agree the real MVP of this xpac.. the flight masters whistle. Without this item world quests would of sucked.

10+ Year Old Account
    because people have better things to do
    for instance I don't even have wod flying and I play since BC ahah

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Of players ACTIVE IN THE LAST MONTH... Less than 60% have Pathfinder Part 1, and less than 50% PF2.

That doesn't even include the many who have simply stopped playing before the past month.

Why do you think that is?
    I finished this in under a month. I played through Technical Alpha and beta. When the game launched, I did not play the game. I focused on Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, and Hearthstone. Got three golden weapons in Overwatch.

I returned to World of Warcraft around February. Leveled from 100 to 110 in less than 2 days. Then I focused on the Pathfinder Part 1 hard. I got that done within 3 weeks -- not easy considering you have to be revered with all the factions.

Then the Broken Shore opened, and I power-leveled into revered with Armies of Legionfall in less than a week. Bam... flying acquired. So it doesn't take a full month of commitment to fly.
    Last edited by Medievaldragon; 2017-05-08 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Welcome to the extremely vocal minority in favour of flying. Who knew! I only got it because I literally had everything else done without even realising.

I did exactly that, zerged content (realm first of my class for scale, accidentally), barely did any WQs (only emissary, probably skipped more than I've done) and still had P1 done before the patch hit. No excuse besides people not caring/doing content at all.
    just because casuals dont do it doesnt mean they dont want it.... Flying has been in the Game for 10 Years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Lazy people?
    Or people that think Suramar sucks so fing hard they cba with it.

I think it's underestimated just how casual some players are. To not have loremaster basically means not doing the Nightfallen storyline and from a rewards standpoint it is so incredibly worth doing due to how much AP it gives.

I just think many go about their day not even noticing it exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I have a few friends that aren't bothering with Suramar, they're happy enough with the flight whistle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    I only got it when PF2 was added, I hate Suramar City so fing much, too much shit on the ground to get stuck on and getting unmasked OUTSIDE of the circle and then getting murdered by every npc around you whilst the ones you aggro chain aggro every mob in the damn city because it is so densely packed.

PS
    I swear to god there are more quests in this POS zone than the rest of Broken Isles combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I think it's underestimated just how casual some players are. To not have loremaster basically means not doing the Nightfallen storyline and from a rewards standpoint it is so incredibly worth doing due to how much AP it gives.

I just think many go about their day not even noticing it exists.
    I think people just project a lot on this forum tbh
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Because it's incredibly tedious going through the entire Nightfallen quest chain. I swear that chain felt like all the other zones quests put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Maglen View Post
    Because way too much of it is time gated and purposefully strung out.

Fuck.That.
    Almost none of it is timegated anymore..

The only really time gated one is Nightfallen because you need to be 20,000/21,000 revered to get the last quest, but even that's not too bad (week or 2 tops). Plus, pathfinder pt 1 has been able to be completed since day 1 I believe, so if you've been playing for months now, you really have no excuse to not have pt 1 if you actually want flying.

Legionfall was time gated at first, but now there's been so many weekly quests unlocked that there's really no reason for it to take longer than a week to get to revered with Legionfall.