Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. I don't have either because I just don't give a fuck about flying. I still do emissary quests, raid with my guild (we got heroic Gul'dan down last night, whoo) work on alts. Just flying has never been something I've cared about. Different strokes for different folks, which is what Blizzard is so good at: catering to a wide base.
    Pathfinder is about playing the game not flying, see above. Levelling 1 character fully will give this so people are obviously not fully playing

I have no actual data to support it, but I'd guess most people without Pathfinder 2 by now either took a long break or are extremely casual players. And yeah, I can see that being 50% of the population.

Pathfinder 1 was no big deal, but flying is a huge effort multiplier. It's too good to pass up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Really weird because you don't really have to "try" for any of the achievements for pf1 or 2. You kinda just get them naturally just from playing the game. I took a couple month long break after Legion was released and I still got my flying two weeks after I resubbed.
    Exactly, either the poll is incorrect or Blizzard have fucked up

What a silly statement. Only completionists would get Pathfinder 1 by naturally playing the game. You need to do every quest in the expansion to get it-- not just the quests required to level, not just the quests with the best rewards, but every quest.

I agree that most players would do 100 WQs, finish their class campaign, explore the zones, and get revered through natural play. But not complete every quest.

I took a long break and was way behind on reps and Suramar quests but I really love my flying mount collection and I really wanted the class mounts when they come out so I got caught up. It wasn't too bad, all I did was do my emissary quests and finish the Suramar storyline. The worst part was being impatient and grinding out unstable nether portals for the last few hundred Legionfall rep because I couldn't be bothered to wait for more WQs.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    What a silly statement. Only completionists would get Pathfinder 1 by naturally playing the game. You need to do every quest in the expansion to get it-- not just the quests required to level, not just the quests with the best rewards, but every quest.

I agree that most players would do 100 WQs, finish their class campaign, explore the zones, and get revered through natural play. But not complete every quest.
    You definitely don't need to do every quest. Not even close. I've got a bunch of quests I've never picked up in pretty much every zone and I've unlocked pathfinder. You just need to complete the main storyline of each zone, which you should do most of by leveling through each zone. The only tough part is Suramar because the storyline is pretty involved but it's also really great and Suramar City is awesome.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I mean, you just have to complete the story-lines in each zone. I believe there's still side-quests that aren't part of that. I did this just from leveling 100-110 on multiple characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because having flying isn't the be-all and end-all of the game?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    I mean, you just have to complete the story-lines in each zone. I believe there's still side-quests that aren't part of that. I did this just from leveling 100-110 on multiple characters.
    There are lots of side-quests not related to Pathfinder Part 1. That being said, I am hating going through Suramar on my alt in order get Revered for the Balance of Power Questline. I think if they upped the rep earned so you could complete more of the chain at one time it would help.

10+ Year Old Account

This is wrong. You need to finish a bunch of questlines. You don't need to do every quest in the expansion. Quote is either wrong or dishonest. Whatever the case Schizoide is either not playing or doesn't know shit-from-shinola about what is being discussed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Quests required to level are the only ones required for the Pf, the storylines start naturally as you level.And even if you cap before finish everything, there is a big yellow "!" in the map saying where to start said questline.

Azsuna for example.You finish the Illidari part (1) you are sent to help the Dragons (2) and ask for the ghost elf's help(3), while you are doing the quests you receive the starter mission to fight the giants (4),by the end of said quest you receive another that send you to the Queen's Reprisal (5).
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Lazy people?
    Yes, first reply nailed it.

Apart from finding treasures, you have to have actively worked to avoid obtaining PF1 if you just played the damn game.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is wrong. You need to finish a bunch of questlines. You don't need to do every quest in the expansion. Quote is either wrong or dishonest. Whatever the case Schizoide is either not playing or doesn't know shit-from-shinola about what is being discussed.
    You guys are right, Lorefinder isn't every quest any more. No need to get insulting and childish about it.

Not that it matters, because you still won't finish every storyline in every zone in the progress of leveling-- you need to set out to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm working on it but it's going very slow. To be frank, the 2 part achievement is fucking bullshit and there's no fucking reason for it to be stretched out like that except of course you know to keep people playing for as long as possible. Was the WoD flying achievement too easy or what? Was that not going far enough? It's a torturous process to say the least. In order to do it it forces you to do content you don't even want to do and to me that is not fun at all. The rep grind is fucking horrible, getting bits by bits with each world quest you complete. The amount that you get is not even a decent amount when you get to revered at least not to me especially since you can only do them daily and there's only a few of them to do. So right now I'm just focusing on the Nightfallen rep and once I did everything I could for them I'm done.

I just can't stand the grind any longer than what I spend grinding Nightfallen rep. Sometimes I'd also do Valarjar and it's even worse. 75 rep from world quests? Really? Out of the 21,000 rep that you need? It's fucking ridiculous. I came back after a very long and much needed break from WoW thinking maybe it's gotten a bit better or maybe if I just focus on one thing at a time I'd be able to play more. Nope. Still the boring grindy process as it's always been, rewarding you with bullshit. Only this time the grind has gotten MUCH worse with this flying achievement.

The only thing that keeps me going is the thought of having flying while playing on my alts and leveling them up. I feel that once I have flying I'll have much more fun with the game. Honestly though I'm not sure if I'll be able to do this. It's just that I have a long ways to go and it's such a torturous process and it just saps every ounce of patience I have with the game. I keep coming back for whatever reason and I think it's just that time for me to just quit playing it indefinitely which for me as a 10 year WoW vet is sad considering all the fun times I had with it. The game is just not fun to me anymore. At least not right now it isn't.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-05-08 at 03:27 PM.

Realistically, I play during WoD so i figured the same things would be required this time around i was wrong, the treasures were not, So in retrospect that was a waste of time. and in the beginning you needed honored with all the factions to get the flight whistle. (they changed that because it was hard for people) and I have one character where i do all the quests on regardless of flying being gated behind it or not. I unlocked [Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part One] on 9/30/16 [Broken Isles Pathfinder, Part Two] got unlocked on 4/11/17 if anything part two took forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Of players ACTIVE IN THE LAST MONTH... Less than 60% have Pathfinder Part 1, and less than 50% PF2.

That doesn't even include the many who have simply stopped playing before the past month.

Why do you think that is?
    because i don't give a shit about flying perhaps lol

edit:
    just check, im actually really close to completing it

http://www.wowhead.com/flying#eu-bronzebeard-chrno
    Last edited by Chrno; 2017-05-08 at 03:21 PM.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Laziness.

I resubbed after the invasions went live, then had it within a couple weeks (after they removed the invasion requirement, which it turned out I would have had within a few days of the others anyway).

The long delayed part 2 was still BS, IMO, but overall this was much better than WoD where they dragged their feet much worse, never planning to add flight at all until players yelled / quit enough, and the entire Pathfinder grind was backloaded (i.e. had to do weeks of grinding to get Diplomat only after 6.2 released).

Being able to do the bulk of it at launch this time (loremaster being the big one this time, with Suramar, which I actually enjoyed - god forbid the game have story content and not just loot-dispensing skinner boxes) was much more palatable.

TLDR: those who really wanted flight, got it.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreammage View Post
    Because it's incredibly tedious going through the entire Nightfallen quest chain. I swear that chain felt like all the other zones quests put together.
    Tedious?

It's probably the most interesting quest chain in the expansion, one of the best in the game... I'd understand that remark for alts, but on a main char? Absolutely silly.

It is heavily gated IMO.

This hurts casual players the most. People argued the gold sink hurt casual players in previous expansions but the gold sink was a realistic goal for even casual players. Competing part 1 of Legion patchfinder is daunting even for a casual player.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    IMO that's a lot of people who rerolled at some point and because of how insanely fucking bad suramar is they just never went back with their new main cuz doing it once on the first toon is already torture enough.
    I actually switched mains from resto druid to demon hunter so that I could finish Suramar (up to achievement anyways, no point in doing the extra shit). And I still don't have flying... I just don't see a point in it. With the WQ whistle, it's really not that big of a deal. I'm probably 7K/12K towards it, with 500 war supply mission going and I guess 3-4/12 of that quest from Khady, i'll be revered and flying whenever I feel like finishing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================