Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not really sure why, but everyone I know has it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    What a silly statement. Only completionists would get Pathfinder 1 by naturally playing the game. You need to do every quest in the expansion to get it-- not just the quests required to level, not just the quests with the best rewards, but every quest.

I agree that most players would do 100 WQs, finish their class campaign, explore the zones, and get revered through natural play. But not complete every quest.
    You don't need every quest just the ones attached to the story which I would've thought everybody would want to experience since it's an RPG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I think people are looking at this the wrong way...

Even anti-flyers should get pathfinder part 1, let's look at the requirements:

Explore the 5 Legion questing zones ( Broken Isles Explorer)
    Complete all major storylines in the Broken Isles ( Loremaster of Legion)
    Complete 100 different World Quests ( Variety is the Spice of Life)
    Complete your Class Order Campaign ( A Glorious Campaign)
    Earn Revered with the 6 Broken Isles factions ( Broken Isles Diplomat)

If you're playing the game you should unlock all this by 7.2 by default. So something is wrong if people are not doing this
    please do tell im playing the game wrong
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    This, exactly. While others were out grinding rep in the first few days, some players just don't care about flying. For some, they don't even want it. Flight Master's Whistle gets the job done for a lot of players.

Being lazy probably has had minimum impact on this. Just remember how threads were pro flying vs. no flying...
    Except you would get Revered from Emmisary which is mandatory for gear prior to 7.2

You don't need every quest just the ones attached to the story which I would've thought everybody would want to experience since it's an RPG
    Doesn't mean they're good. Anyways if I wanted good narrative I would go play a thousand other games out there busting their asses off to make good story driven content... not WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Tedious?

It's probably the most interesting quest chain in the expansion, one of the best in the game... I'd understand that remark for alts, but on a main char? Absolutely silly.
    Was rather pointless and boring. The only fun part was getting outed by the dumb fuck city security and just lighting up the whole place. And that fun part was not fun on healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Tedious?

It's probably the most interesting quest chain in the expansion, one of the best in the game... I'd understand that remark for alts, but on a main char? Absolutely silly.
    except for the whole, oh btw, you are reputation gated before you can even unlock more quests for it. and the whole, unless you are already well geared, you are going to have to go very slow and cautiously through the city quests, because unlike some other people - you cannot just murder all the elite guards attacking you without blinking an eye. among other things. Suramar quest chain almost made me rage quit the expac for good. more then once. its. not. fun. the few moments of awesome were barely enough to outweigh a LOT more moments of "oh god, is it over yet, I'm honestly only doing it because Blizzard decided its needed for flight"

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    except for the whole, oh btw, you are reputation gated before you can even unlock more quests for it. and the whole, unless you are already well geared, you are going to have to go very slow and cautiously through the city quests, because unlike some other people - you cannot just murder all the elite guards attacking you without blinking an eye. among other things. Suramar quest chain almost made me rage quit the expac for good. more then once. its. not. fun. the few moments of awesome were barely enough to outweigh a LOT more moments of "oh god, is it over yet, I'm honestly only doing it because Blizzard decided its needed for flight"
    actually the real motivation to doing all these "gated quests" was Artifact Power, and if i had to guess everyone saying they dont want flying were probably no where near 54 the first time around let alone the second time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. I don't have either because I just don't give a fuck about flying. I still do emissary quests, raid with my guild (we got heroic Gul'dan down last night, whoo) work on alts. Just flying has never been something I've cared about. Different strokes for different folks, which is what Blizzard is so good at: catering to a wide base.
    So people can actually opt not to embrace flying ?

Proof of what I have said many times, it is a choice.
    No need to remove flying from other people when you don't want it.
    Simply don't do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Doesn't mean they're good. Anyways if I wanted good narrative I would go play a thousand other games out there busting their asses off to make good story driven content... not WoW.
    WoW like other MMO's has to support players together at varying stages of the story.
    Phasing and isolation therefore can't be really widespread.
    Story-driven content works best when you are the only player, that way they can change anything and differentiate you from any other player as much as they want.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-08 at 03:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    please do tell im playing the game wrong
    If you're not questing or doing WQs what are you doing? By time you're 110 you should have Broken Isles Explorer & Loremaster of Legion. At 110 between dungeons / raids you should unlock Variety is the Spice of Life, A Glorious Campaign and Broken Isles Diplomat within 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    ...It was hard originally having to do the invasions in all the zones but they got rid of that due to the fact well it's pretty harsh considering the times the invasions come up.
    My main is only 1 invasion from having that achievement, and I could have done it several times, just not rewarding for me so I just haven't. Full time job and I know what vagina feels like. So, if i can do it, you can do it, everyone can do it! #Oprah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Because a lot of people just don't care about flying.
    Game
    Set
    Match

Personally, I don't care to enter EN for the Xavius kill needed to finish Suramar, which is needed to finish Part 1. Think I'm already done with Part 2, so it's literally the only thing I'm missing.

Maybe I'll do it next expansion, when I can solo LFR runs. THEN it will be worth doing.

If you'd been playing since the start of the expansion, you'd almost have to purposefully avoid the game's content to not have PF1 by now at least.

I find it more interesting that we can assume that current subs are probably below the what.... 3 million mark?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    unlike some other people - you cannot just murder all the elite guards attacking you without blinking an eye. among other things. Suramar quest chain almost made me rage quit the expac for good.
    Yeah, it did feel really, really good to just jack up that entire city. Had to switch mains to do it. Resto druid main has some friends, so don't mess with him. Suramar learned that the hard way. They all learn the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. I don't have either because I just don't give a fuck about flying. I still do emissary quests, raid with my guild (we got heroic Gul'dan down last night, whoo) work on alts. Just flying has never been something I've cared about. Different strokes for different folks, which is what Blizzard is so good at: catering to a wide base.
    Unless you literally avoided doing WQ's, including getting the reputations required to do the world quests, and suramar it could be argued you are likely missing very little. So in that regard yes you could actually be considered lazy for not going to the hunters area and unlocking your flying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If you'd been playing since the start of the expansion, you'd almost have to purposefully avoid the game's content to not have PF1 by now at least.

I find it more interesting that we can assume that current subs are probably below the what.... 3 million mark?
    Exactly something is off here... Even those not interested should have P1 by default so something must be putting off people doing Surarmar as that's the only difficult thing that takes effort

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    My playstyle, it's really easy to not have loremaster. WoD, I have it in Frostridge cuz it's kinda cool to get to the end with Ga'nar and Durotan. I don't think I have any other zone completed. My alts in Legion do the first few quests, then the next day hit the scouting map and get a flight path to a new zone. I'm a grinder - main is skinner/leather worker, former was enchanter/tailor, so I grind mobs vs questing.

I still got P1 though. Loremaster is really, really weak this expansion. You really only have to do like 20% of a zone - the main pathing, to get it.

I didn't like the Suramar questline.

I like other epic quest lines WoW has done but Suramar is not my cup of tea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Unless you literally avoided doing WQ's, including getting the reputations required to do the world quests, and suramar it could be argued you are likely missing very little. So in that regard yes you could actually be considered lazy for not going to the hunters area and unlocking your flying.
    I am exalted and then some on every single rep except Armies.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    So people can actually opt not to embrace flying ?

Proof of what I have said many times, it is a choice.
    No need to remove flying from other people when you don't want it.
    Simply don't do it yourself.
    Pretty much. I didn't get WoD flying, either. It's not like I don't play. Back in Mists I got the gold challenge dungeon set on my main, in WoD raided heroic through the entire expansion and got every class to 100 before Legion, in Legion I've got 5 110's between 860 and 897 (my main). Just...fuck flying!

Exactly something is off here... Even those not interested should have P1 by default so something must be putting off people doing Surarmar as that's the only difficult thing that takes effort
    You need Loremaster - I skipped some of the stories in I think two zones. You also need to explore every inch and I didn't. I know there are areas I haven't explored.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Almost none of it is timegated anymore..

The only really time gated one is Nightfallen because you need to be 20,000/21,000 revered to get the last quest, but even that's not too bad (week or 2 tops). Plus, pathfinder pt 1 has been able to be completed since day 1 I believe, so if you've been playing for months now, you really have no excuse to not have pt 1 if you actually want flying.

Legionfall was time gated at first, but now there's been so many weekly quests unlocked that there's really no reason for it to take longer than a week to get to revered with Legionfall.
    I haven't bothered doing the main surumar story on my alt (i had flying unlocked quick) because I don't care to do it. I unlocked the story portion to unlock the hub (retrieve seed from the spider queen beotch) which unlocked WQ's. At that point I think my alt is already revered. I will get exalted from just doing WQ's/emissary there and class hall quests which give rep tokens. Even with flying I refuse to do any more questing in that zone because they are aweful a second time around; I loathed that zone/quests the first time through.