Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Do people actually buy gold with gems? I've never heard or met anyone that has. I have bought gems with gold but never with real money.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    That is objectively wrong. Given the fact that you can exchange cash shop currency to gold and vice versa , the cash shop is not just obtrusive but directly connected to everything that involves gold in the game, which by design is almost everything.

My mind is blown that even now people still fail to make this connection, but to call it one of the least obtrusive cash shops you have ever seen is absurd. Perhaps you are referring to the cash shop outfits and lack of cash-shop exclusive power items?
    Drawing a parallel and redefining words for your purpose don't make something false, true. Whether you can convert currency or not has no bearing on it being not obtrusive...the fact that you take it to such an extreme to toss out casual embellishment and attacking 'people' further erodes your view. It's simply not a large factor in the game and is hardly in your face. Pretty generic examples of being obtrusive.

Obtrusive just means it is highly noticeable. Nothing more, regardless of your crusade against it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Drawing a parallel and redefining words for your purpose don't make something false, true. Whether you can convert currency or not has no bearing on it being not obtrusive...the fact that you take it to such an extreme to toss out casual embellishment and attacking 'people' further erodes your view. It's simply not a large factor in the game and is hardly in your face. Pretty generic examples of being obtrusive.

Obtrusive just means it is highly noticeable. Nothing more, regardless of your crusade against it.
    The fuck? what parallel did I draw?

Also I would suggest googling "obtrude" to get a better understanding of the word. If your understanding of the word is simply how "noticeable" something is, then I don't disagree at all. The cash shop is indeed very subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Even we're going by relevance and popularity though, wouldn't FF14 be the "go-to"?
    Ehhh. Ehhhhh.

Can't speak for everyone, but that game was dead on arrival for me when nearly every race was just some variation of 'a guy'.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Do people actually buy gold with gems? I've never heard or met anyone that has. I have bought gems with gold but never with real money.
    I've heard of people doing both.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

That is objectively wrong. Given the fact that you can exchange cash shop currency to gold and vice versa , the cash shop is not just obtrusive but directly connected to everything that involves gold in the game, which by design is almost everything.

My mind is blown that even now people still fail to make this connection, but to call it one of the least obtrusive cash shops you have ever seen is absurd. Perhaps you are referring to the cash shop outfits and lack of cash-shop exclusive power items?
    The GW2 cash shop casts a fairly wide net, but it doesn't impale you with harpoons and drag you into it. There's nothing there that can't be bought via simply playing the game. There are some nice convenience items available on there also, but they are not mandatory.

Bag slots being locked per character is pretty annoying (I'd rather pay a one time fee to unlock them across all characters), but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    Ehhh. Ehhhhh.

Can't speak for everyone, but that game was dead on arrival for me when nearly every race was just some variation of 'a guy'.
    This is what I mean by "it's personal".
    For me, the races being hardly dimorphic was a good thing. Races that are super different from human always get shafted with clippy skins, and there ends up being less total variety of skins as a result of the extra labor it takes to make them.
    So when I see games launch with these hugely different races I think "Well these devs didn't plan for the future".

Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    This is what I mean by "it's personal".
    For me, the races being hardly dimorphic was a good thing. Races that are super different from human always get shafted with clippy skins, and there ends up being less total variety of skins as a result of the extra labor it takes to make them.
    So when I see games launch with these hugely different races I think "Well these devs didn't plan for the future".
    Still, variety is nice apart from guy vs guy vs taller guy vs guy with skin condition.

ESO gets around it well enough. Every race has similar body proportions, and the helms aren't a clipping nightmare for the beast races from what I've seen.

And you can't say WoW hasn't done a pretty damn good job regarding that.

The only real issue I've ever seen, come to think on it, was with the Charr. No other race in GW2 seems to have the issue.

Quit playing for the foreseeable future.

Poor charr. All the clipping and lack of having a decent outfit (especially for light armor) made me end up joining the female human meta.

I'm relatively new to GW2. Was totally enveloped by GW1 but GW2 felt so different to me when it came out that I instantly left and went to EVE Online.

I just started back in December 2016 and as a newcomer, I've never felt like I was alone or that the population was small.

*snip*

Please don't post random advertisement links. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-02-06 at 10:45 PM.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's better than ever.

The fuck? what parallel did I draw?

Also I would suggest googling "obtrude" to get a better understanding of the word. If your understanding of the word is simply how "noticeable" something is, then I don't disagree at all. The cash shop is indeed very subtle.
    You fail to understand that You can not buy power with gold in GW2, wchich would make the gem store gem to gold exchange p2w. So yes, Your statement is false.

Deleted
    i played alot of guild wars 2 but the game has become so boring now.......alot of people are leaving the game

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    You fail to understand that You can not buy power with gold in GW2, wchich would make the gem store gem to gold exchange p2w. So yes, Your statement is false.
    Haven't played in a while, but can't you do exactly that? Buy mats, level prof, craft gear / weapons.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Haven't played in a while, but can't you do exactly that? Buy mats, level prof, craft gear / weapons.
    Except that You can advance max to the Ascended stats and nothing beyond that (which is very easy to get nowdays without much to grind). You can't upgrade armor/weapons +9999999999999999999 like in other games. So Yes, GW2 is not p2BeMorePowerful.

Ofc If You consider having more bank slots or bag slots p2w, its Yours opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Except that You can advance max to the Ascended stats and nothing beyond that (which is very easy to get nowdays without much to grind). You can't upgrade armor/weapons +9999999999999999999 like in other games. So Yes, GW2 is not p2BeMorePowerful.

Ofc If You consider having more bank slots or bag slots p2w, its Yours opinion.
    Idk, that kinda implies you can buy your way to max gear. I agree it doesn't mean much in this game though.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

it is just the way guild wars has always been. You get bored because it takes a long time for anything to change and once you have done all there events and holiday events you just feel like on repeat. i just take a break from it and mess with it when im bored or when an expansion comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Where do you think the gems come from that you buy for gold?!?! I'll give you a hint - Arena Net doesn't create them out of thin air so that you can buy them for free...

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Idk, that kinda implies you can buy your way to max gear. I agree it doesn't mean much in this game though.
    You can't buy everything but even if you could, a full set of ascended gear would cost you $10k+ whereas just playing Living Story 3 episode 4 can get you up to 5 ascended weapons. Just logging in daily gets you laurels which can be used to buy ascended trinkets. My point, it's much easier to get top level gear by just playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    You can't buy everything but even if you could, a full set of ascended gear would cost you $10k+ whereas just playing Living Story 3 episode 4 can get you up to 5 ascended weapons. Just logging in daily gets you laurels which can be used to buy ascended trinkets. My point, it's much easier to get top level gear by just playing the game.
    What? I totally missed this...how do you get in on that action? Because I need that shit in my life nnnoooowwwwwwwww.