Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It brings a smile to my face.
    And a banhammer too apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    And a banhammer too apparently.
    We lost some good men in the ongoing meme war.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not really seeing any rage, just people taking the piss because the creator thinks that killing off the character will kill off the meme, rather than give it a new lease of life.
    Even if it doesn't kill the meme, it at least removes Pepe from the comic and books. Having Pepe associated with his work at this point is only a loss to him, not a gain.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You dont visit the places I do

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Declaring Pepe as a hate symbol, by a group that is ostensibly supposed to be taken seriously, could count as rage. The various articles about the evils of a cartoon frog in news media, could also count as rage. However I am not convinced that people posting Pepe as a martyr memes, could do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Even if it doesn't kill the meme, it at least removes Pepe from the comic and books. Having Pepe associated with his work at this point is only a loss to him, not a gain.
    The amount of publicity the creator has got from the meme, far outweighs any they could have hoped to have received otherwise.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You dont visit the places I do

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    r/the_donald?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    r/the_donald?
    yes

and
    Deeper

The Streissand-effect will of course ensure that Pepe never dies. Pepe is dead, long live Pepe!
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

You cant kill a god you normies.

Praise kek

It's long since that Pepe outgrew the comic. Him dying in the original comic is insignificant, because the whole comic was never of any importance to those who spread diverse Pepe imagery around the web.

The amount of publicity the creator has got from the meme, far outweighs any they could have hoped to have received otherwise.
    Right, but there's diminishing returns. He's already gotten the publicity boost, which will likely continue as the meme lives on. But there's negative connotations associated with Pepe that will hurt his brand beyond what he's gained from the publicity. Publicity alone doesn't do anything if people don't buy his books, which people won't if they see a co-opted hate symbol in it. That's what he's gotten rid of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    You cant kill a god you normies.

Praise kek
    Praise the lord.

- - - Updated - - -

Cred: @Venant

Never forget a brother in arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, but there's diminishing returns. He's already gotten the publicity boost, which will likely continue as the meme lives on. But there's negative connotations associated with Pepe that will hurt his brand beyond what he's gained from the publicity. Publicity alone doesn't do anything if people don't buy his books, which people won't if they see a co-opted hate symbol in it. That's what he's gotten rid of.
    The concept that it is a hate symbol is incredibly dodgy. If you Google just about any cartoon character you can find far right versions of them.

Is Beaker a hate symbol too?

The concept that it is a hate symbol is incredibly dodgy. If you Google just about any cartoon character you can find far right versions of them.

Is Beaker a hate symbol too?
    You're obfuscating. You know full well there's a big difference between a character being dressed up in hate iconography, and one that was used as a symbol of a hate movement that gained as much media attention, and reached as far as the alt-right did with Pepe.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're obfuscating. You know full well there's a big difference between a character being dressed up in hate iconography, and one that was used as a symbol of a hate movement that gained as much media attention, and reached as far as the alt-right did with Pepe.
    Saying Pepe is a hate symbol was a dumb claim by an organisation that destroyed any credibility it may have had. People from all parts of the political spectrum used Pepe to troll, that some of them (even if it is most) may have been far right (alt-right, neo-Nazis, or whatever) is an irrelevance, as now you have the ridiculous situation that anyone using the meme is somehow showing support for the far right, including a fashion designer putting a similar design on a skirt.

If people start spamming Beaker Nazi memes, Beaker would still be the greatest Muppet of all time, some might say an ubermuppet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pepe been a dead meme for ages now tho

"a simple life of snacks, soda and pulling his pants all the way down to go pee"
    That's...oddly specific.

Also unless I'm crazy in what I'm reading, it really seems like a lot of people are missing the point.

To me, it's coming off as not that the creator is trying to "kill the meme", but that the creator is no longer associating himself with Pepe, ergo it is "dead" to him.

Similar to like how Yooka-Laylee devs cutting JonTron out from their game doesn't change JonTron's point of view, it just shows that they heavily disagree with him. The creator of Pepe wants to push the point that he, in no way at all, agrees with what Pepe is being used for.

Saying Pepe is a hate symbol was a dumb claim by an organisation that destroyed any credibility it may have had. People from all parts of the political spectrum used Pepe to troll, that some of them (even if it is most) may have been far right (alt-right, neo-Nazis, or whatever) is an irrelevance, as now you have the ridiculous situation that anyone using the meme is somehow showing support for the far right, including a fashion designer putting a similar design on a skirt.

If people start spamming Beaker Nazi memes, Beaker would still be the greatest Muppet of all time, some might say an ubermuppet.
    Pepe was just the beginning of the trolling. The SJW left is so vulnerable it would be sad if it wasnt so funny.

Milk has now been confirmed as a white power symbol.

The hand gesture where you make an "o" with the fore finger and thumb now means white pride.

Whats next lol

What a great time to be alive!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Pepe was just the beginning of the trolling. The SJW left is so vulnerable it would be sad if it wasnt so funny.

Milk has now been confirmed as a white power symbol.

The hand gesture where you make an "o" with the fore finger and thumb now means white pride.

Whats next lol

What a great time to be alive!!
    Whats next? Simple disagreement leading to someone claiming the other wants Americans to die, and hate soldiers and wants everyone in the US to die

Deleted
    I wonder if they are going to kill Mickey Mouse too.

I'm sure this has been said over the 4 pages I won't be reading, but I don't think anyone actually cares about the comic Pepe is from so this means literally nothing.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things