Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    I'd argue and for a fact boots are nearly a must. You'll be raped by any competent hunter with boots. Else ye as someone with boots and then only meme legos its true. Can parse at 95th if you're good.
    Yeahh.. you definitely don't need boots. Azortharion is proof of that. He has multiple 100th percentiles without boots.

Yeah boots are nice, and are the best of mms legendarys, but it really isn't that big. You can easily parse 99th percentile without boots, if you play corrently.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...052609/latest/

He doesn't upload many of his logs, but there's a few.

Quote Originally Posted by itchynose View Post
    You won't be 90th percentile as a Frost Mage if you don't have the right legendaries (bracers, gloves or tw ring)

You can parse well and do good dps without them, but not 90th.
    Pretty much this.

Feral druid dps increase is like 5% dmg with the bis leg?

Every expac when the question comes up of "Which class performs the best?", the answer is always mage or warrior it should really be a sticky in a thread somewhere so people don't ask over and over again. Which class isn't legendary dependent? Mage and warrior, with the legendries you will be number 1 in the dps rankings, otherwise you will be between 2 and 5, following by every other class at 100 to 200k dps less at number 6 and lower.

Resto shaman I'd say, many of their legendaries are very situational to the point you might perform as well with roots of shaladrassil and prydaz because they're "always on" while spec specific ones only benefit you in narrow situations. Oh, and it's one of the few healer classes with interrupt still so even if you end with sephuz, it's also not a tragedy.

MW monk is in a similar bucket however you'll probably have harder time utilizing sephuz / cinidaria and it's generally not a popular spec which can affect parses (similar case as surv hunters or sub rogues), very few parses can make it either very easy or very hard to get "top rank", and the OP didn't ask if the spec is fun to play but whether it can rank without good leggos.

Also ranking on healers is extremely subject to setup (how much dmg ppl take, how many healers you slot, in which order you use healer cds), so I'd say effective healer =/= healer that parses high, it's completely different thing. I know a guy who has really high parses on his healer but when he goes to m+ and doesn't have other healers set up around him, he suddenly can't heal for shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    druids in general are pretty legendary-independent; balance has the hat I guess, but even that isn't a be-all
    After the nerf to the hat I think ring + bracer is the BIS combo, bracer adds a lot in cleave / aoe situations.

From dps classes, not sure if shadow priests and shamans have really OP legendaries any more, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. And feral druids were mentioned already.

For tanks, it's not true you don't need legendaries to parse, paladins, druids, warriors and monks all have specific tank legendaries that add a lot of dps (and tanks don't parse on survivability, it was removed, they parse on tank dps). Guardian druids can do crazy dps but they need thrash relics and legendaries.

Spriest legendaries are like "well if you have these ones they're a better general purpose option" but it's not like you're really going to see a noticeable difference in your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    Tell that to ret pallies. The belt is literally a 60-70k dps increase in some cases.

Same with the ring for Ele shaman lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Yeahh.. you definitely don't need boots. Azortharion is proof of that. He has multiple 100th percentiles without boots.

Yeah boots are nice, and are the best of mms legendarys, but it really isn't that big. You can easily parse 99th percentile without boots, if you play corrently.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...052609/latest/

He doesn't upload many of his logs, but there's a few.
    From what you linked, he has 0 100% percentiles
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post
    Shadow priest are very not legendary dependant. You should have two (obviously) for the item level and whatever bonus it gives. The only pointless one is the shoes, and the trinket isnt great. Other than that, you can do perfectly fine with any combination
    Are you kidding me.. shoes.. pointless for SP?!

coudln't be further from the truth.

other than that. sephuz is slightly OP atm, giving around a 10% increase from base.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    He was probably looking at Heroic, not mythic

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Touching on my earlier post, he actually has 1 100th percentile. Lots of legendary one's as well
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Isn't the helm a 100k dps increase?

Also, Marksmanship hunters and Survival hunters, both don't need legendaries to be near their best.

Nope, having zero legendaries and having the BiS (which is actually the cloak) is 31k ish boost. But if you look at a legendary that is just stats no dps proc (the crafted belt) it's only a 7k ish increase to the BiS with a dps proc, which is really small.

Fury warr and Shadow priest. Every single other dps spec in the game have at last 1 leg that is far stronger then others.

Monk: DHC is super strong and Chest is pretty much a must have if u wanna rank on st.

Rogue: shoulder for every single spec are pretty much broken atm (exp for out and sub). Out wrist and Assa boots are also really really strong, plus every single spec have many crappy legendaries (but, as assa, u can still rank without bis leggos with really insane rng).

Huntard: surv need the bracers, but the rest is all good and pretty close to each other. Bm have a great disparities between legendaries. Dunno about mm.

Ele shaman: Ring is really strong, but is not the best by far. The problem is that u have many shitty ones (boots, prydaz, shepuz and trinket are pretty crap)

Fire mage: wrist and belt or gl ranking.
    Frost mage: wrist and ring are really strong.

Those are just few example . If u wanna be 100% competitive without bis legs roll fury warr or Spriest (maybe feral is fine as well).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kubuntu View Post
    After legendary rebalance in 7.2 most class is quite legendary independetnt there is usulay jsut 1% diff between them, only big diffrent you will notice in specyfic scenario legendar for example AoE one
    Lol, that's not true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nospmas View Post
    Nope, having zero legendaries and having the BiS (which is actually the cloak) is 31k ish boost. But if you look at a legendary that is just stats no dps proc (the crafted belt) it's only a 7k ish increase to the BiS with a dps proc, which is really small.
    If you sim patchwerk yea, but tons of top ranked warrs used helm + belt for the sole reason the cloak stacks can fall off and using helm + cloak locks you into very specific 4set pieces which aren't the best statted ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Lol, click on heroic. Chrono and Krosus, both 100%

And the 99th percentiles on mythic, all show pretty clearly you don't need the boots to be highly highly competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nospmas View Post

I much appreciate that :P I'm going to use that to flame the fury warrior I know, who said legendaries are the only reason he's losing to fellow fury warrior, who is doing like 80k+ more than him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post
    Fury warr and Shadow priest. Every single other dps spec in the game have at last 1 leg that is far stronger then others.
    Having 1 legendary much stronger than others, doesn't really imply that it's needed. They could all be fairly meh, like MM hunters. Boots are good for sure, but not that great. Very overhyped just because they're the best we have available. Boots are only worth like 10k dps more than the neck, 3k more than gloves etc.

I much appreciate that :P I'm going to use that to flame the fury warrior I know, who said legendaries are the only reason he's losing to fellow fury warrior, who is doing like 80k+ more than him.
    Crafted belt has good stats for warriors, and the 3 sockets allow you to get extra stats you might miss somewhere else, and it doesn't steal a tier slot. If you have 4p from NH, COF and draught legendaries are less important, atm Warrior dps is about finding best ways to abuse battle cry + draught. I wonder what will happen with them in TOS because they're so tied to current NH gear.

druids in general are pretty legendary-independent; balance has the hat I guess, but even that isn't a be-all

though tbh that's the case for most classes at this point; BiS legendaries (even assuming they aren't highly situational) are generally not a ton better than various other spec-specific ones
    Way off on Balance druids and legendaries, but also in general, Balance isn't in a great spot right now for ST or AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    Feral druid dps increase is like 5% dmg with the bis leg?
    Less than that, outside of mass AoE padding.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

AFf Lock's legendaries aren't that great compared to others.

though tbh that's the case for most classes at this point; BiS legendaries (even assuming they aren't highly situational) are generally not a ton better than various other spec-specific ones
    A helm that totally changes the way your rotation works and that used to be the difference between life and death for a balance druid.
    Guardian with Luffa and pants can compete with DPSers in AoE situations and will out dps all other tanks. I for one as a Guardian offspec can't compete with our MT because I don't have Luffa.

Very independent, yes.