Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Anyone else think Necromancer is going to be a thing next expac?

Blizzard has been on a kick the last few years about taking abilities and classes from one game and pushing it into another. Necro being the new hot button in HOTS and back in Diablo, and On top of that, in WoW, there have been world quests that specifically started using the term necromancer. Previous to this, I don't think WoW has actually acknowledged the actual term in its storyline, dispite all the risen dead in the game.

I'd like it, but there are some others I'd like to see first (looking at you Gnome/Goblin Tinker class). If they work it similarly to the D2 Zookeeper Necro then I'm all over it.

Short answer no. Long answer NO. Why? Because there wont be new class in new expansion. DH is still a new one. And I dont think there is place for necro between warlock and dk.

Necromancers are in Scholomance for one.

7+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope not. Because if there is, you know who's gonna be screwed over again. That's right. Warlocks.

Deleted
    I hope they will introduce necromancers, because I have been wanting and hoping for them ever since I started playing the game :3

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Necromancers are in Scholomance for one.
    Until they open the doors and walk outside.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I sure hope not. Because if there is, you know who's gonna be screwed over again. That's right. Warlocks.
    Eh, I dont know. I played a necro in EQ and play the lock now because i enjoyed the EQ necro pet class play style. I'd give it a shot and see how well it went lol.

Lorewise what do Warlocks bring that are related to necromancy? Warlocks are all about the Fel and Demons, not raising the dead.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    what do warlocks have to do with necromancers?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    what do warlocks have to do with necromancers?
    They're both dark casters, use souls and curses.

It's gonna be Demonology and Demon Hunters all over again.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They're both dark casters, use souls and curses.

It's gonna be Demonology and Demon Hunters all over again.
    you can do necromancers without souls or curses no reason why they would have to touch warlocks at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure next class would be Wardens, but Necromansers have a very good shot at being introduced eventually too, especially with all this Lich King popping up thing recently.

At least those have some very good basis in lore and would be popular too with people, unlike shit such as Tinker which seems to be popping up from nowhere all the time.

And I don't see how having class in Legion would block from same happening next expansion, they threw all at Legion and I am sure they will try to go forward with things that succeeded in Legion next expack too and I think DH is a success.

I can certainly see Necromancers in and I am sure Blizz will find a way to make them coexist with Warlocks, just like they try to do in D3 with Necros and Witch Doctors.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-05-08 at 10:31 PM.

What would be cool is a necromancer class with a spec that incorporates Dark Ranger style abilities. It would be cool to switch between caster and ranger specs, and give another use for bows and guns ( or if artifact weapons remain a chance design a completely unique looking style of ranged weapon). Add a third healing spec based on life stealing and I'd be happy

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Level5 Laser Lotus View Post
    I hope they will introduce necromancers, because I have been wanting and hoping for them ever since I started playing the game :3
    ever heard of a death knight?
    unholy specifically?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ever heard of a death knight?
    unholy specifically?
    That's in line of people saying same about Demon Hunters - heard of Warlocks? Demo specially? Really this is no argument and you, as Warlock, should know it.

Death Knights and Necromancers are completely different archetypes in both lore and reality on the ground. Heck you already have similar case of Priests and Paladins, existence of one does not invalidate another and it's literally same case - one is spellcaster another is fighter, even if they draw from the same source of power and even have similarities in some ways.

That's why, for example - Affliction or Unholy DK are in no way blocking Necromancer, simply because they may be getting power from same sources Necromancer does thematically, but the application can be vastly different.

Heck Affliction as a whole not even on the radar - as if dots is some sort of unique affliction proposition and a word "soul" is banned forever from non-warlock vocabulary. They could give Necro similar spell called Rot with some wonky mechanic that differs from Agony and one would not bat an eyelash or make Necromancer literally animate enemies they kill to fight for them - OP when many things die and terrible in ST? You have precedent right here - Soul Flame, which works out so far and that would be unlike anything remotely possible for Unholy DK to do, which just brings his corpses with him.

Heck they could give it a bunch of Lich shadowfrost magic and differentiate it enough from Frost Mages to make it a thing of their own, like you see with Fire Mage and Destruction.

That's 2 specs already and as we seen from DH, 3 specs is not some holy commandment, they could do 2 specs - Necromancy and Sorcery and be done with it - where Necromancy is all about reanimation and soul manipulation - mastery of undeath on a level DK could not dream of with his novice tricks, while Sorcery would be about more direct Frost and Shadow damage.

In short, as I see if Blizz would want Necromancer in - they would do so no problem.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-05-08 at 11:36 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's in line of people saying same about Demon Hunters - heard of Warlocks? Demo specially? Really this is no argument and you, as Warlock, should know it.

Death Knights and Necromancers are completely different archetypes in both lore and reality on the ground. Heck you already have similar case of Priests and Paladins, existence of one does not invalidate another and it's literally same case - one is spellcaster another is fighter, even if they draw from the same source of power and even have similarities in some ways.

That's why, for example - Affliction or Unholy DK are in no way blocking Necromancer, simply because they may be getting power from same sources Necromancer does thematically, but the application can be vastly different.
    yeah and demo changed its concept, but unholy cannot change enough, it would need to lose everything ansd still necromancers overlap with warlocks and death knights where demon hunters only with warlocks, and hell they only got 2 specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

If anything next xpac would be a new race I be amazed if they did a new class back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Lorewise what do Warlocks bring that are related to necromancy? Warlocks are all about the Fel and Demons, not raising the dead.
    Gul'dan created the first Deathknights in lore. He also has shown to be able to resurrect Demons forcefully rather then letting them be reborn in the Nether. The Lich king was created by Kil'jaeden which is very demonic. Warlocks and mages are both able to practice Necromancy, Hell even shadowpreists most likely are able to do the same thing from what we saw with the shadowmoon clan in Draenor.

Really don't think Blizz would create anything like a zoo Necro when current Demo exists.

If there is a new class, it's gotta be ranged though. DK=melee, monk=melee, DH=melee, kinda silly.