Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mythic+ talents for Fury?

Hey all, getting my Fury Warrior up in ilvl and wanting to start some Mythic+ content. What are some optimal builds for Fury for Mythic+? My thoughts were:

Tier 1: War Machine
    Tier 2: Shockwave (helps with killing adds/add management/interrupts etc)
    Tier 3: Avatar (I think added up, would be better/more damage than Wrecking Ball, and adds extra dmg when combined with Battle Cry)
    Tier 4: Furious Charge (really any of these talents would probably be good but I like FC due to its on demand heal)
    Tier 5: Frothing Berserker
    Tier 6: Inner Rage
    Tier 7: Reckless Abandon

Quote Originally Posted by kidstechno View Post
    Hey all, getting my Fury Warrior up in ilvl and wanting to start some Mythic+ content. What are some optimal builds for Fury for Mythic+? My thoughts were:

Tier 1: War Machine
    Tier 2: Shockwave (helps with killing adds/add management/interrupts etc)
    Tier 3: Avatar (I think added up, would be better/more damage than Wrecking Ball, and adds extra dmg when combined with Battle Cry)
    Tier 4: Furious Charge (really any of these talents would probably be good but I like FC due to its on demand heal)
    Tier 5: Frothing Berserker
    Tier 6: Inner Rage
    Tier 7: Reckless Abandon
    i would change avatar for WB if isnot tyranicall week, you will spend just much more time AOEing big packs than doing single target damage

Deleted
    depends on what your group needs between avatar wrecking ball

I would say Warpaint is a must-have for pushing dangerous keys. I don't personally recommend Wrecking Ball, but it really depends on the affix. I tend to run with better cleaving classes and focus on priority burns and use WW for cleaving Rampage most of the time.

what level mythic+ are you planning on doing and what type of gear are you currently in?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    what level mythic+ are you planning on doing and what type of gear are you currently in?
    Plan on doing lower keys at first, only 874 atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    I would say Warpaint is a must-have for pushing dangerous keys. I don't personally recommend Wrecking Ball, but it really depends on the affix. I tend to run with better cleaving classes and focus on priority burns and use WW for cleaving Rampage most of the time.
    Wrecking ball is just flat out better from my experience unless you are pushing a high tyrannical key or the instance has little to no trash in it. Avatar cooldown is just to long.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kidstechno View Post
    Plan on doing lower keys at first, only 874 atm
    If you are planning on doing +2 through +10 i find the only talent that really made much of a difference for me was wrecking ball. I honestly don't change my talents ever for mythic+ anymore and I do 10 through 14's most of the time. And agree with kushlol, avatar is boring but is godmode with BC/Enrage/Draught.

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Wrecking ball is just flat out better from my experience unless you are pushing a high tyrannical key or the instance has little to no trash in it. Avatar cooldown is just to long.
    90 seconds isn't long. Also, once you have DOS it's Avatar over WB all the time, basically no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramayana1423 View Post
    90 seconds isn't long. Also, once you have DOS it's Avatar over WB all the time, basically no matter what.
    "No matter what" is just plain wrong.

Playstyle heavily changes with Affixes, KeyLevel, Gear, GroupCompilation. WB with belt, even without belt is definitely superb if you have nobrainaoeallshitdown+fortitied affixes and bosses are just there to die within 1 battle cry usage.

Like mentioned above Avatar only shines when bosses are you real enemy and you time your CDs for them.

WB with legendary belt is awesome. Its PPM is high enough to get at least one proc for every trash pack and it is easy to buff it with both Enrage and FB.

I replace DoS with Terrorbound Nexus and don't even botter to switch to DoS for bosses. Because usualy the problem is not boss it is trash in dungeons.

IMO, Avatar is better than Wrecking Ball. The higher you go up, regardless of fortified or tyrannical, trash is going to be pulled in a big group and you need to burn thru its health. Avatar performs slightly better because of this and its not all about your overall damage since group comp is a thing. If you run with a stronger aoe-trash dps, then there is no reason for you to go it as well. And bosses still take a long time in 21+ keys even on fortified so avatar helps there. I have a m+ score of 2328.78, and I've been running avatar over wrecking ball on any week it just performs better overall. Again, in my opinion.

The only talent I ever change in m+ is going from double time to shockwave

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    The only talent I ever change in m+ is going from double time to shockwave
    Haha, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by wrastor View Post
    IMO, Avatar is better than Wrecking Ball. The higher you go up, regardless of fortified or tyrannical, trash is going to be pulled in a big group and you need to burn thru its health. Avatar performs slightly better because of this and its not all about your overall damage since group comp is a thing. If you run with a stronger aoe-trash dps, then there is no reason for you to go it as well. And bosses still take a long time in 21+ keys even on fortified so avatar helps there. I have a m+ score of 2328.78, and I've been running avatar over wrecking ball on any week it just performs better overall. Again, in my opinion.
    These are my thoughts too.

Doing high level keys, you're pulling big packs with lots of HP, so avatar + BC + OF + whirlwinds is pretty damn good. You'll also be able to get off 1-2 avatars between bosses and still have it for the boss. And for most bosses, avatar is huge, especially since even high m+ bosses only last 25-90s (depending on level, and tyrannical).

I've tried WB a few times but I just don't like it. The proc is too random and sometimes feels wasted, the boss damage you lose from lack of Avatar is pretty tremendous, and Avatar is great for trash anyway.

With fortified and depending on the key I run WB (with Najentus belt) or Avatar (without Najentus), I personally feel that Avatar with DoS is better in nearly all the scenarios, just some weeks WB will be better (for example, lower kararzhan with teeming + fortified, WB with Belt gave me some pulls with more than 6M dps, and that is really worth just for loosing maybe 100k dps in boss fights)

Am I the only person that switches between gearsets for trash and bosses?

Some of the replies here make it sound as though you're married to using one set of gear for the whole instance... which isn't true at all.

While you can't switch talents (Avatar > WB almost 100% of the time) you can most definitely switch gear out.

Personally I have a M+ trash set and just before boss pull (kinda depends on the level of skill of the group/tank) I will switch to my more boss oriented set. If it looks like the tank is going to go ham the entire time, I have a set that is somewhere in the middle of being ST specific and AoE cheese.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Yeah for tyrannical I do avatar and use the belt on trash, then swap back to my ST gear for the boss.

But if its not tyrannical i use WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    Am I the only person that switches between gearsets for trash and bosses?

Some of the replies here make it sound as though you're married to using one set of gear for the whole instance... which isn't true at all.

While you can't switch talents (Avatar > WB almost 100% of the time) you can most definitely switch gear out.

Personally I have a M+ trash set and just before boss pull (kinda depends on the level of skill of the group/tank) I will switch to my more boss oriented set. If it looks like the tank is going to go ham the entire time, I have a set that is somewhere in the middle of being ST specific and AoE cheese.
    I don't think its safe to assume you're the only person that does this. I have all 10 fury legendaries and plus some and I swap between pulls all the time. It's the only way to get thru high m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Roiids View Post
    Yeah for tyrannical I do avatar and use the belt on trash, then swap back to my ST gear for the boss.

But if its not tyrannical i use WB.
    I really can't see the purpose of WB. On fortified weeks, you do massive pulls anyway. Avatar burst does more dps overall than WB if you pull right and you'll have it up for bosses as well. Especially if you gear swap between pulls. Maybe if you're doing carry runs and m+ farming, sure. Again, group comp is a thing when considering 20+ keys so if you're the only big aoe dps, then yes WB probably is more useful. But at 20+, regardless if its tyrannical or fortified, bosses have a ton of health.
    Last edited by wrastor; 2017-05-12 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrastor View Post
    I don't think its safe to assume you're the only person that does this. I have all 10 fury legendaries and plus some and I swap between pulls all the time. It's the only way to get thru high m+.

I really can't see the purpose of WB. On fortified weeks, you do massive pulls anyway. Avatar burst does more dps overall than WB if you pull right and you'll have it up for bosses as well. Especially if you gear swap between pulls. Maybe if you're doing carry runs and m+ farming, sure. Again, group comp is a thing when considering 20+ keys so if you're the only big aoe dps, then yes WB probably is more useful. But at 20+, regardless if its tyrannical or fortified, bosses have a ton of health.
    Lower like 10'ish I use najentus and WB.