Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    i just see the term thrown around alot and used as a scapegoat for kids or peoples actions when sometimes its just a person being a peice of shit and it has nothing to do with thier actions
    While Autism does seem to be a thing. I too see this.

Our neighbors talked non fucking stop about how their kid was autistic this and that over and over. They didnt send her to Kindergarten because of it.
    On the advice of someone within their family they sent her to 1st grade. What do you know she was cured...it was a miracle.
    Turns out she just needed some normal social interaction with children her age, and not shut in by her parents.

Unfortunately Autism has become a catch all for awkward and normal kids and the ones that really need help get lumped all together with kids that just need some direction.

Seems like this guy needed some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Or if he was simply normal. The reason the media blames autism is because there is NOTHING ELSE PLAUSIBLE for an excuse.
    This right here id why no one should respond to you, you're willfully ignorant on the subject. This poster has a habit of playing dumb or trying to play devils advocate to invoke anger in others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I'd go with this. Story time okay? My sister had a little boy who has "autism" He had school help doctors said he 100% had it, took meds for it yeah you get the point and my family totally spoilled the kid because of it, He was 5 years old when my sister ( Single mom ) had to go out of the country for bussiness and wanted to leave him with family so i watched him for the week

At my house he started is shit, Then he got his ass whiped. I never gave him his meds my sister gave me for him. It took 2 days of him acting up and after a 2nd ass whiping guess what? Perfectly normal kid. What a suprise? The kid is so smart he even told me ( Remember this is a 5 year old ) that he just acted that way so he could get what he wanted.

That kid is now 23 years old and is a top grad from Yale University. Go figure. He allways tells people his uncle ( Me ) taught him respect.

Before some idiot starts, I am not saying autism is all fake but i would say that alot of kids learn at a young age how to abuse the title. I have mild autism and i woulkd be the 1st to admit that i abused the fuck out that shit at school and the workplace.
    Probably because his form of Autism isn't as bad or potent. It's different with each kid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Considering that the article directly mentions it, it is to be assumed that it was prescribed medication due to being on that spectrum level...
    well you made a rather big blanket statement i can't really interpret that your talking about the far end of the spectrum if you your self don't really imply it.

@Tsugunai

Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder that impairs social skills, not intelligence. It's also on a spectrum, I have Aspergers which is classified as being high-functioning on the spectrum.

Famous people who have autism include Dan Aykroyd, Tim Burton and Dan Harmon. People who displayed behaviors associated with autism include Mozart, Einstein, Darwin and Jefferson.

Even @Connal may have it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    ...Is anyone else here seeing the elephant in the room with the OP's outlook on people with autism... or is it just me... >.>
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Is anyone else here seeing the elephant in the room with the OP's outlook on people with autism... or is it just me... >.>
    I'm not caring too be honest, I expect as much from the OP. Call me cynical but I'm used to his *shitposting*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    See the difference between that, unless the guy without autism is suffering from another mental illness, is a stabbing usually occurs with a motive or escalating story in mind and you can make sense out of it.

There's no logic to this topic's stabbing. He simply did as he did because he has autism and there are parents or guardians that think they can keep it under control without serious external aid. Well, they're wrong, and this proves it time and time again.
    tons of people commit crimes of passion with no real good motive with out having any mental illnesses.

and you do know there a tons and tons of people on the far end of the spectrum who live there whole life's without incidents like this right?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    well you made a rather big blanket statement i can't really interpret that your talking about the far end of the spectrum if you your self don't really imply it.
    I wasn't aware that my point was broad with the context given from the article...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    SNIP
    So you beat the shit out of a handicapped child because you thought they were just making it up. Paragon of humanity you are.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    See the difference between that, unless the guy without autism is suffering from another mental illness, is a stabbing usually occurs with a motive or escalating story in mind and you can make sense out of it.

There's no logic to this topic's stabbing. He simply did as he did because he has autism and there are parents or guardians that think they can keep it under control without serious external aid. Well, they're wrong, and this proves it time and time again.
    So are you saying gas the autists?

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    You can't HAVE Autism, you ARE Autistic.

Autism is not a disease either, you can't in any way contract it like the common-cold or HIV/AIDS, nor is it something you can die from.

That said, this is a tragedy, hopefully the kid will turn out alright. Lot's of this kind of shit tends to happen because the parent(s) are abusive... which comes as a result of frustration/anger for not being able to "cure" their son/daughter and as a result gives up on actually trying to fucking communicate.
    Not entirely, seeing as our life expectancy is 5-10 years shorter than a "Neurotypical" person, and up to 15-20 years if paired with a learning disability.

I'd go with this. Story time okay? My sister had a little boy who has "autism" He had school help doctors said he 100% had it, took meds for it yeah you get the point and my family totally spoilled the kid because of it, He was 5 years old when my sister ( Single mom ) had to go out of the country for bussiness and wanted to leave him with family so i watched him for the week

At my house he started is shit, Then he got his ass whiped. I never gave him his meds my sister gave me for him. It took 2 days of him acting up and after a 2nd ass whiping guess what? Perfectly normal kid. What a suprise? The kid is so smart he even told me ( Remember this is a 5 year old ) that he just acted that way so he could get what he wanted.

That kid is now 23 years old and is a top grad from Yale University. Go figure. He allways tells people his uncle ( Me ) taught him respect.

Before some idiot starts, I am not saying autism is all fake but i would say that alot of kids learn at a young age how to abuse the title. I have mild autism and i woulkd be the 1st to admit that i abused the fuck out that shit at school and the workplace.
    *sigh* You give those of us who are Autistic and DON'T abuse our "Privilege" a much harder time.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Not entirely, seeing as our life expectancy is 5-10 years shorter than a "Neurotypical" person, and up to 15-20 years if paired with a learning disability.
    Mind backing that shit up with a source? I bet it's a "correlation != causation" conclusion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but we all have a little butt autism in we're posting on this forum.

7+ Year Old Account
    i'm still trying to decide if there ignorant or pretending to not know how autism works at this point/

10+ Year Old Account
    No, we all see it. Some of us are trying to educate this guy, but he quite often refuses to acknowledge any information and just spews his own uninformed opinions, and quite honestly, gives off an ubermenchen vibe.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There a ton of medications you can take if you are autistic.

https://psychcentral.com/lib/medications-for-autism/

They don't treat the autism itself, just certain symptoms.
    Antipsychotics?!

Or if he was simply normal. The reason the media blames autism is because there is NOTHING ELSE PLAUSIBLE for an excuse.
    whats your excuse then?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    So are you saying gas the autists?
    I'm sure that's what the cold broader scope of the world would want judging from what you read and hear, but I'm not insane.

I do think instead of the bullshit we put up with now by trying to fit autistic kids into lite programs or more commonly into normal schools, simply send them to a re-evaluating asylum or something similar divorced from society, and then try from there.

Nothing wrong with that proposal, is there. There's intensive stuff like that for homosexuality, which makes absolutely no sense to me because that's not a mental illness.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't aware that my point was broad with the context given from the article...
    ya i didn't read the article i never do.....probably should, but i wont......