Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    *sigh* You give those of us who are Autistic and DON'T abuse our "Privilege" a much harder time.

Mind backing that shit up with a source? I bet it's a "correlation != causation" conclusion.
    I would rather one child who didn't need the aid receive it than all the children who do not. If anything this only shows me more evidence that our education system needs reformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    @Tsugunai

Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder that impairs social skills, not intelligence. It's also on a spectrum, I have Aspergers which is classified as being high-functioning on the spectrum.

Famous people who have autism include Dan Aykroyd, Tim Burton and Dan Harmon. People who displayed behaviors associated with autism include Mozart, Einstein, Darwin and Jefferson.

Even @Connal may have it.
    dont forget tesla and Einstein, Mozart and more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    whats your excuse then?
    OP has none he's just as autistic as the teen who stabbed the mom. Blatantly ignoring facts/other variables. Changing the article title to make it more click-baity. And straw manning the shit out of everyone who debates him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    I'm sure that's what the cold broader scope of the world would want judging from what you read and hear, but I'm not insane.

I do think instead of the bullshit we put up with now by trying to fit autistic kids into lite programs or more commonly into normal schools, simply send them to a re-evaluating asylum or something similar divorced from society, and then try from there.

Nothing wrong with that proposal, is there. There's intensive stuff like that for homosexuality, which makes absolutely no sense to me because that's not a mental illness.
    Autism isn't a mental illness too.

I love how this thread has completely backfired on the OP. He's probably been scouring news websites for the past couple weeks trying to find a way to portray autism in a horrible light and make everyone think like he does, and he thinks he's finally found it.

Except nobody is going along with him and instead just calling the OP out for the terrible person that he is.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure that's what the cold broader scope of the world would want judging from what you read and hear, but I'm not insane.

I do think instead of the bullshit we put up with now by trying to fit autistic kids into lite programs or more commonly into normal schools, simply send them to a re-evaluating asylum or something similar divorced from society, and then try from there.

Nothing wrong with that proposal, is there. There's intensive stuff like that for homosexuality, which makes absolutely no sense to me because that's not a mental illness.
    you have to be kidding with stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    You can't HAVE Autism, you ARE Autistic.

Autism is not a disease either, you can't in any way contract it like the common-cold or HIV/AIDS, nor is it something you can die from.

That said, this is a tragedy, hopefully the kid will turn out alright. Lot's of this kind of shit tends to happen because the parent(s) are abusive... which comes as a result of frustration/anger for not being able to "cure" their son/daughter and as a result gives up on actually trying to fucking communicate.
    You can "contract" autism even though it's not a disease. Postnatal viral infections are known to cause it for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I love articles like that.

"Maybe were autistic."

"Possibly autistic?"

"Potentially on the spectrum?"

Ok, ok, we get it. You want to normalize the concept in peoples' minds. Don't just guess at shit, though.
    since it wasnt being diagnosed at the time of most of those people being alive its not hard for those that do to be able to tell from thier actions, speechs, papers and more if they have it. Ill give you a hint, they dont diagnose it by doing a ct scan or your brain, they do it by examining you just as people have done with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Never heard of anyone needing medication for autism. This is the first time.
    Most of the time medications are used for treating symptoms. Autism is present in co-morbidity with other diseases as well.

Edit, Yes I see others posted this. Just trying to help.
    Last edited by Treno; 2017-05-09 at 12:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    whats your excuse then?
    Could be anything. Could have been an argument he had with them that caused him to run away. Could just be anger issues.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    OP has none he's just as autistic as the teen who stabbed the mom. Blatantly ignoring facts/other variables. Changing the article title to make it more click-baity. And straw manning the shit out of everyone who debates him.
    So... a loathing sense of self-hatred?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    You can "contract" autism even though it's not a disease. Postnatal viral infections are known to cause it for example.
    1) Source?
    2) I can somewhat understand the logic behind it, considering bacteria/viruses are fully capable of messing with DNA. But it's not as if there's some sort of Autism-causing Virus running around that only manages to infect unborn babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I would rather one child who didn't need the aid receive it than all the children who do not. If anything this only shows me more evidence that our education system needs reformation.
    I agree with you on the bolded part, but my response was more to you abusing being Autistic as opposed to the child (do as I say not as I do!). My apologies for not being clearer.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is really rocking that Ancient Spartan mentality. Who needs kids with flaws anyway!

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Source?
    2) I can somewhat understand the logic behind it, considering bacteria/viruses are fully capable of messing with DNA. But it's not as if there's some sort of Autism-causing Virus running around that only manages to infect unborn babies.

Yeah it sounds bullshit, I've never heard anything like that. It mostly comes through birth or around there not when you randomly get it sometime in your life.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account

I'd beg to differ.

You often fly off the hinges about how much you are disgusted by "not normal" people. That is itself not normal, nor is it acceptable in civil discourse (the talking about it, everyone is prejudiced). Just spouting crazy, socially unacceptable things, to strangers no less, is, to me, indicative of some type of mental disorder.

I have no idea what you mean by "type," autism is simply a terrible disease and there is nothing to distinguish it into categories.

Honestly, if I could just ask politely, why are you so admitting to having this illness?
    What the actual fuck are you fucking talking about?
    I have aspergers syndrome, which is part of the autistic spectrum. The nature of the syndrome has many levels, and it reeks of ignorance to not acknowledge them
    Now, ot: Poor kid, but it seems that he wasnt medicated/well treated.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Guys, be more tolerant of OP, he might be autistic, try to be more understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I'd beg to differ.

You often fly off the hinges about how much you are disgusted by "not normal" people. That is itself not normal, nor is it acceptable in civil discourse (the talking about it, everyone is prejudiced). Just spouting crazy, socially unacceptable things, to strangers no less, is, to me, indicative of some type of mental disorder.
    I mean, why else do you think people afflicted with autism are mistreated in the world? I'm not the one who is solely "disgusted" obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, why else do you think people afflicted with autism are mistreated in the world? I'm not the one who is solely "disgusted" obviously.
    Yeah but the people who are disgusted by autistic people are generally thought to be prejudiced assholes that have no place in decent society. WWII taught us all about people who think like you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Yeah but the people who are disgusted by autistic people are generally thought to be prejudiced assholes that have no place in decent society. WWII taught us all about people who think like you.
    so most of society? I think you would know that autism "pity" you see on media coverage is always a pitifully false front for disgust/contempt.