Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Thumbs down Genn Greymane is the worst written character in WoW

The guy is BATSHIT crazy. He has blamed the death of Varian and his son on Sylvanas. If you want to blame someone for his death, blame himself. Guy committed suicide. You can also blame Garrosh because if Sylvanas did not attempt to take silverpine, the Forsaken would've been labeled as traitors and killed off. This cheesehead deliberately saw Varian get killed by Gul'dan and says he wishes to avenge his death by killing Sylvanas. WHAT? He went against the direct orders of Anduin that the Horde is to NOT be engaged unless the situation requires it. [The sake of it was to not restart the faction-war.]. No, this guy says fuck you, takes a valuable piece of the Alliance military and engages her and ends up losing many soldiers, the ship and nearly his life -TWICE- in Stormheim.

The guy is a complete shithead to Anduin. "A KING MUST BE ON HIS THRONE, NOT MOURNING!!", Do you realize where you are, Genn? In Stormwind. Your Kingdom is fucked over how can YOU of anyone tell another King how to rule? and Genn, you mourned the fuck outta your son and he deliberately killed himself. Then when Anduin arrives at his father's death-site he yells in his face like some guy caked up on crack-cocaine. "HOW COULD YOU JUST LEAVE!!".

The guy has started wars for no reason, out for revenge for no reason, serving at the leader of the Alliance military for god-knows what reason. This guy is one crazy mothertrucker and needs to be put down. I don't care how they off him, questline, dungeon boss, raid boss, this character needs to f'ing go. I'm sick and tired of this guy ruining a cool race. He's a F-tier character and whoever wrote him thinking he was supposed to be the "cool guy" of the Alliance, epicly failed.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2017-05-09 at 01:18 AM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Not even close - wrathion is still reigning champion. But I agree that Genn is a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Not this again. It can't be the time of the day again when people have to explain once again how characters are not omnipresent and omniscient in regards to the Broken Shore, how the Horde's hordes of undead ruined his people, family and kingdom.

Genn Greymane is one of the best-written Alliance characters, with a clear arc, story and motive. Sylvanas is his Lich King and his motives surrounding her are crystal clear. His character is what the Alliance needed.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-05-09 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Not even close - wrathion is still reigning champion. But I agree that Genn is a dick.
    How is Wrathion badly written?

So because a character isn't some image of Jesus where he makes perfect decisions given by God himself all the time means he's badly written?

Quite the opposite. Characters making mistakes makes them more relatable and human.

Do people know what badly written means?

Just because you don't like the character doesn't mean they're badly written.

Actually for a character to get such a nerdrage emotional response of their in game actions means they're probably written extremely well.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-05-09 at 01:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I don't think Wrathion is a poorly written character, just was stuck in the "NEED GARROSH BAD NOW" storyline.

Garrosh to me was the worst and while his death wasn't terrible, it could have been done better. Garrosh's story line was worse the the Star Wars prequels.a
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Not this again. It can't be the time of the day again when people have to explain once again how characters are not omnipresent and omniscient in regards to the Broken Shore, how the Horde's hordes of undead ruined his people, family and his kingdom and more.
    To be fair he managed most of that on his own, through his choices before the third war, the forsaken merely delivered the coup de grace.

OT

I miss the old genn the new one is far too much into the whole Alliance thing, i would prefer if most of his old characteristics remained intact.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you state some character is the worst written in WoW and it isn't Med'an, then I have some bad news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    You fail at lore comprehension if you state some character is the worst written in WoW and it isn't Med'an.
    But that isn't even a character;P

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Not this again. It can't be the time of the day again when people have to explain once again how characters are not omnipresent and omniscient in regards to the Broken Shore, how the Horde's hordes of undead ruined his people, family and kingdom.

Genn Greymane is one of the best-written Alliance characters, with a clear arc, story and motive. Sylvanas is his Lich King and his motives surrounding her are crystal clear. His character is what the Alliance needed.
    What motive? He is literally chasing Sylvanas for no reason. Hes like one of those people that stalk women on social media, get rejected, and go shit-crazy after getting rejected and continue to stalk them.

- - - Updated - - -

If you state some character is the worst written in WoW and it isn't Med'an, then I have some bad news for you.
    Med'an isn't even in WoW.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    But that isn't even a character;P
    It's an abomination. Worse. Even Patchwork is above him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Med'an is technically not in WoW.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    To be fair he managed most of that on his own, through his choices before the third war, the forsaken merely delivered the coup de grace.
    How can Greymane be guilty for being attacked the very moment he and his people are vulnerable? Don't you think that the malicious aggressiveness of the ones that did what they've done to his nation are the ones responsible for it?

On top of this, too many don't realize how invaluable Greymane's wall was to his people's survival. Had he not built that wall when he did, Gilneas would still be a ruin, the only difference being that the Scourge would've ravaged it instead of the Horde. Building the Greymane wall was a gamble that paid off in a way it wasn't envisioned, allowing his people to survive through the Scourge and eventually stay alive as worgen.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-05-09 at 01:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Med'an isn't even in WoW.
    Up until Cataclysm he was implied to be "away doing Guardian's business" but still canon. Only after that, and mainly since Legion's opening animation, was he completely retconned out of the stories where he was most likely to appear in WoW.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    well she did kill his son and kinda take every thing from him. man knows how to hold a grudge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Med'an is technically not in WoW.
    Thankfuly. Not for lack of planning though.

10+ Year Old Account
    @GennGreymane

Sorry mate
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

What motive? He is literally chasing Sylvanas for no reason.
    At this point I'm pretty sure you're trolling, which is why I'll let this discussion consume the time of other users, rather than mine.

The guy is BATSHIT crazy. He has blamed the death of Varian and his son on Sylvanas. If you want to blame someone for his death, blame himself. Guy committed suicide. You can also blame Garrosh because if Sylvanas did not attempt to take silverpine, the Forsaken would've been labeled as traitors and killed off. This cheesehead deliberately saw Varian get killed by Gul'dan and says he wishes to avenge his death by killing Sylvanas. WHAT? He went against the direct orders of Anduin that the Horde is to NOT be engaged unless the situation requires it. [The sake of it was to not restart the faction-war.]. No, this guy says fuck you, takes a valuable piece of the Alliance military and engages her and ends up losing many soldiers, the ship and nearly his life -TWICE- in Stormheim.

The guy is a complete shithead to Anduin. "A KING MUST BE ON HIS THRONE, NOT MOURNING!!", Do you realize where you are, Genn? In Stormwind. Your Kingdom is fucked over how can YOU of anyone tell another King how to rule? and Genn, you mourned the fuck outta your son and he deliberately killed himself. Then when Anduin arrives at his father's death-site he yells in his face like some guy caked up on crack-cocaine. "HOW COULD YOU JUST LEAVE!!".

The guy has started wars for no reason, out for revenge for no reason, serving at the leader of the Alliance military for god-knows what reason. This guy is one crazy mothertrucker and needs to be put down. I don't care how they off him, questline, dungeon boss, raid boss, this character needs to f'ing go. I'm sick and tired of this guy ruining a cool race. He's a F-tier character and whoever wrote him thinking he was supposed to be the "cool guy" of the Alliance, epicly failed.
    Not liking a character ≠ Badly written character.

Everything Genn has ever done is entirely in his character.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Lol. That Sylvanas bias daaaamn.
    Genn is not one of the worst written, by far. His narrative is clear and logical. Sylvanas did kill his son. They were invaded by the forsaken, his city left in decadence and plague, his people slaughtered and his own son taken away from him. All done by one faction, one leader, Sylvanas. And while having total legitimacy to distrust the person that wrought so much chaos to his home and his people, he united with her on the broken shore to attack the legion. But once again, from the alliance's perspective anyway, Sylvanas did not have their back and left them to die. Genn is not omniscient to know that they were overwhelmed, he saw her flee and that's it. And because of that, his dear friend Varian perished. It's completely justified, considering how the events unraveled from his point of view, for him to act the way he did.
    But fanboyism can get in the way of understanding it.
    I love like both sylvanas' and genn's characters, it's possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thankfuly. Not for lack of planning though.
    He is confirmed to exist ... but not as the Mary Sue of the Comics... or maybe he is, but I so hope not.
    –The Sith Code