Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    How can Greymane be guilty for being attacked the very moment he and his people are vulnerable? Don't you think that the malicious aggressiveness of the ones that did what they've done to his nation are the ones responsible for it?

Had he not built that wall when he did, Gilneas would still be a ruin as the Scourge would've ravaged it. The only difference would be that none of his people would be alive, even though they're alive as worgen rather than humans. Building the Greymane wall was a gamble that paid off in a way it wasn't envisioned.
    He chose to build a wall, that caused a civil war, then he chose to abandon the people of Lordaeron, despite their pleas for help, then he ordered the worgen released, who spread and ruined his nation forcing the population into hiding and then while hiding in a corner of his ravaged and sacked kingdom the forsaken started their invasion, sone of them sill holding a grudge, because the gilneans left them in their most dire hour. So by the time the forsaken arrive Gilneas had pretty much ceased to exist

That'd be Garrosh.

And Varian before let's say MoP.

And lately probably Jaina too

P.S. Sylvanas is a very clear villain in the Worgen starting experience. I love Sylvanas but she is not a nice person.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Not even close - wrathion is still reigning champion.
    Bitch please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    @GennGreymane

Sorry mate
    Its just their opinion, a shit opinion.

Its not like Sylvanas killed his son and royally fucked his kingdom or anything

I get that blaming her for everything is a bit much but he is certainly allowed to hold a grudge for her killing his son even if the arrow was intended for Genn.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He chose to build a wall, that caused a civil war, then he chose to abandon the people of Lordaeron, despite their pleas for help, then he ordered the worgen released, who spread and ruined his nation forcing the population into hiding and then while hiding in a corner of his ravaged and sacked kingdom the forsaken started their invasion, sone of them sill holding a grudge, because the gilneans left them in their most dire hour. So by the time the forsaken arrive Gilneas had pretty much ceased to exist
    Gilneas didn't cease to exist. You're throwing in what you consider to be facts, whereas that wasn't hinted in the slightest way. For Gilneas to cease existing as a kingdom, the civil war would've had to be won by the ones rebelling against Greymane and they did not win, which is why it didn't cease to exist.

Once again, the Greymane wall kept his people alive, albeit in worgen form. It served its purpose well and protected Gilneas from outside threats, untill the cataclysm shattered it. Thanks to his protectionism, his people are still around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The guy is BATSHIT crazy. He has blamed the death of Varian and his son on Sylvanas. If you want to blame someone for his death, blame himself. Guy committed suicide. You can also blame Garrosh because if Sylvanas did not attempt to take silverpine, the Forsaken would've been labeled as traitors and killed off. This cheesehead deliberately saw Varian get killed by Gul'dan and says he wishes to avenge his death by killing Sylvanas. WHAT? He went against the direct orders of Anduin that the Horde is to NOT be engaged unless the situation requires it. [The sake of it was to not restart the faction-war.]. No, this guy says fuck you, takes a valuable piece of the Alliance military and engages her and ends up losing many soldiers, the ship and nearly his life -TWICE- in Stormheim.

The guy is a complete shithead to Anduin. "A KING MUST BE ON HIS THRONE, NOT MOURNING!!", Do you realize where you are, Genn? In Stormwind. Your Kingdom is fucked over how can YOU of anyone tell another King how to rule? and Genn, you mourned the fuck outta your son and he deliberately killed himself. Then when Anduin arrives at his father's death-site he yells in his face like some guy caked up on crack-cocaine. "HOW COULD YOU JUST LEAVE!!".

The guy has started wars for no reason, out for revenge for no reason, serving at the leader of the Alliance military for god-knows what reason. This guy is one crazy mothertrucker and needs to be put down. I don't care how they off him, questline, dungeon boss, raid boss, this character needs to f'ing go. I'm sick and tired of this guy ruining a cool race. He's a F-tier character and whoever wrote him thinking he was supposed to be the "cool guy" of the Alliance, epicly failed.
    Who is @GennGreymane again? What's his claim to fame exactly? I don't recall him being featured much when I played.

Gilneas didn't cease to exist. You're throwing in what you consider to be facts, whereas that wasn't hinted in the slightest way. For Gilneas to cease existing, the civil war would've had to be won by the ones rebelling against Greymane and they did not win, which is why it didn't cease to exist.

Once again, the Greymane wall kept his people alive, albeit in worgen form.
    What I am saying saying is Gilneas was in ruins and mostly abandoned the majority of its population dead, long before the forsaken arrived, they merely finished the job, Genn's decision are the reason his kingdom was in that pitiful state, if he had made better choices it is quite likely the forsaken would have never been able to truly drive them out. Gilneas was one of the strongest human kingdom after all, but both the civil war and the worgen curse brought the kingdom to its knees.

For years Genn reigned just over duskhaven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Who is @GennGreymane again? What's his claim to fame exactly? I don't recall him being featured much when I played.
    I am your awesome buddy

How can Greymane be guilty for being attacked the very moment he and his people are vulnerable? Don't you think that the malicious aggressiveness of the ones that did what they've done to his nation are the ones responsible for it?

On top of this, too many don't realize how invaluable Greymane's wall was to his people's survival. Had he not built that wall when he did, Gilneas would still be a ruin, the only difference being that the Scourge would've ravaged it instead of the Horde. Building the Greymane wall was a gamble that paid off in a way it wasn't envisioned, allowing his people to survive through the Scourge and eventually stay alive as worgen.
    So he profited by putting Gilneas above the Alliance, ran like a coward and abandoned the rest of Azeroth to its fate... until he needed them, at which point he was all about the Alliance and welcomed back with open arms.

For all my problems with Varian, at least he was smart enough not to trust Genn... until he got railroaded into it by Plot shenanigans.

So now Genn is perfectly willing to let every man, woman, and child with him die if it gets him a shot at vengeance, because for all his talk and all his position in the alliance, he will never care for other races more than he cares for humans and worgens, he will never care for other humans more than he cares for Gilneans, and he will never care for Gilneans more than he cares about vengeance for his son and his great friend.

If that is what the Alliance needs, they are surely doomed.

Varian heroically sacrificed himself to save the men and Alliance flagship that Genn purposefully suicided 30 seconds later.

What I am saying saying is Gilneas was in ruins and mostly abandoned the majority of its population dead, long before the forsaken arrived, they merely finished the job, Genn's decision are the reason his kingdom was in that pitiful state, if he had made better choices it is quite likely the forsaken would have never been able to truly drive them out. Gilneas was one of the strongest human kingdom after all, but both the civil war and the worgen curse brought the kingdom to its knees.

For years Genn reigned just over duskhaven.
    The calamities did wear Gilneas down, but the point of what I initially wrote before we diverted onto intra-Gilnean affairs is contained within what you yourself wrote.

"the forsaken merely finished the job" > and this is exactly why he hates them; they decided that it is their right to cull his people and they are arrogant enough to believe that it is their right to decide the fate of whatever living beings they attack. This resulted in them doing what they've done, which is why he hates them.

His reign being stronger or weaker doesn't make what they did right. It doesn't change the fact that what they've done was pure evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    So he profited by putting Gilneas above the Alliance, ran like a coward and abandoned the rest of Azeroth to its fate... until he needed them, at which point he was all about the Alliance and welcomed back with open arms.
    The Alliance's leading characters welcomed the worgen back into their faction. If they're satisfied with them in character, why would we be discussing it and pondering wether it is right or not? The characters have made their minds up.

The calamities did wear Gilneas down, but the point of what I initially wrote before we diverted onto intra-Gilnean affairs is contained within what you yourself wrote.

"the forsaken merely finished the job" > and this is exactly why he hates them; they decided that it is their right to cull his people and they are arrogant enough to believe that it is their right to decide the fate of whatever living beings they attack. This resulted in them doing what they've done, which is why he hates them.

His reign being stronger or weaker doesn't make what they did right. It doesn't change the fact that what they've done was pure evil.
    To be honest it wasn't more evil than to leave the people of Lordaeron to die and close the gates in their face, if the orcs alone had sacked what remained of Gilneas I would agree, but the forsaken destroying his nation was well deserved, though now that he has paid for his mistakes of the past so to speak the gilneans should get their home back, with his daughter taking the throne and Greymane travelling the world, being the grumpy selfish bastard he was always meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    So now Genn is perfectly willing to let every man, woman, and child with him die if it gets him a shot at vengeance, because for all his talk and all his position in the alliance, he will never care for other races more than he cares for humans and worgens, he will never care for other humans more than he cares for Gilneans, and he will never care for Gilneans more than he cares about vengeance for his son and his great friend.
    Caring about Gilneas is caring about the Alliance. Caring about Varian is caring about the Alliance. Caring about anyone that has anything to do with the Alliance and stopping anyone who is openly involved in numerous campaigns that undermine the Alliance equals caring for the Alliance. Within all of this, personal agendas are obviously involved. Everyone has a personal agenda.

The Alliance excursion into Pandaria was a personal agenda of Varian. Having the worgen and Varian fight in Ashenvale was an agenda of the night elves. Tyrande's presence in Val'sharah was a personal agenda. The point of being in an alliance of factions is to get through with both yours and your closest aide's agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest it wasn't more evil than to leave the people of Lordaeron to die and close the gates in their face.
    How isn't it more evil..? Greymane didn't cause the destruction of Lordaeron like Sylvanas caused the complete destruction of Gilneas.

There is a crucial and crystal clear difference between creating problems for others which cause their demise and not involving yourself in other people's problems.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-05-09 at 01:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope that will still and forever be, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    Nope that will still and forever be, Tyrande
    I have never agreed with anything so much on this site. To the point where I even had to make an account to express how much I agree with this statement.

Why the hell is this thread still going? Why would anyone react to that bullshit what OP spewed? Genn is starting wars? Liam commited suicide?

How isn't it more evil..? Greymane didn't cause the destruction of Lordaeron like Sylvanas caused the complete destruction of Gilneas.

Greymane was not the cause of Lordaeron's downfall, whereas Sylvanas was the cause of Gilneas' downfall.
    He knew they would die to the scourge and chose to ignore the plea for help, he did nothing, not even Anasterian, someone who had no high regard for humans was ever that cruel, at least sending token support if asked. This inaction destroyed the last shred of hope for the people of Lordaeron, and these very same people returned years later and repaid the gilneans in kind, plunging them into the abyss of hopelessness.

The story merely came full circle

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't like personally like Genn - I think he's made a lot of stupid decisions and allows his emotions to get the better of him far more than necessary. That being said, I think Genn is actually quite well-written. My dislike of him actually seems to speak to that - a terribly written character can't really inspire much in the way of strong emotion, being it negative or positive. I don't care a whit about Med'an, for instance; nothing in his story has the capacity of move my emotional barometer and nothing he does registers on a deeper level. Med'an is a terrible character that is also terribly written, his existence amounts to a proverbial null. Genn, well, he's quite the opposite - and I think he's the kind of driven anti-heroic character the Alliance needed to give it balance (probably what was attempted with Jaina in a ham-fisted manner).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grigorius View Post
    I have never agreed with anything so much on this site. To the point where I even had to make an account to express how much I agree with this statement.
    Lmao I notice and respect that!!!! <3
    But seriously she has been TERRIBLE since W3

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Sylvanas did not have their back and left them to die. Genn is not omniscient to know that they were overwhelmed,
    No he isn't. But anyone who takes a mere 5 second of logical thinking can come up with this simple solutio.

"The horde need the legion to die as much as we do. The horde left what we thought was a winning position which goes against their needs. Logically this means that the horde had to flee."

Or are we saying people are incapable of logical thinking now? Knowing the horde desires the legions demise as much as the alliance does and defeat would be their end is as simple as knowing 2+2 = 4