Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I am pretty sure next class would be Wardens, but Necromansers have a very good shot at being introduced eventually too, especially with all this Lich King popping up thing recently.

At least those have some very good basis in lore and would be popular too with people, unlike shit such as Tinker which seems to be popping up from nowhere all the time.

And I don't see how having class in Legion would block from same happening next expansion, they threw all at Legion and I am sure they will try to go forward with things that succeeded in Legion next expack too and I think DH is a success.

I can certainly see Necromancers in and I am sure Blizz will find a way to make them coexist with Warlocks, just like they try to do in D3 with Necros and Witch Doctors.
    Wardens as a plate ranged class would be pretty cool, imo. They are clearly plate if you have the toy that makes you a warden, and all new classes since vanilla have been melee so gonna need a ranged in there somewhere. That said, yet another class restricted to elfs would suck.
    Last edited by Zabatakis; 2017-05-08 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's in line of people saying same about Demon Hunters - heard of Warlocks? Demo specially? Really this is no argument and you, as Warlock, should know it.

Death Knights and Necromancers are completely different archetypes in both lore and reality on the ground. Heck you already have similar case of Priests and Paladins, existence of one does not invalidate another and it's literally same case - one is spellcaster another is fighter, even if they draw from the same source of power and even have similarities in some ways.

That's why, for example - Affliction or Unholy DK are in no way blocking Necromancer, simply because they may be getting power from same sources Necromancer does thematically, but the application can be vastly different.
    Well, true be told, UH Dk block the way for the Necromancer to come. From the very start, UH always have been the DK spec for the raising death aspect of the Scourge, this point have all the lore from war3 to support it. Demonologic Warlocks, on the other hand, only learned Meta AFTER killing Illidan on Black Temple, even more, the Warlock who taught the other Warlocks the way to transform in demons learned how to do it after studying the DH (sure, how blizz make it later to almost all Warlock suffer from amnesia and make us forget how to transform is beyond lore).

Lore wise, a Necromancer class have not chance to see the light... The Warden is a Rogue with skill from Assassination and Sublety spec (poison dagger = envenom, fang of knife, Blink = Shadowdance or Shadowtrike), period.

If blizz make a new class, i really dont know what it could be.

And, Paladin and Priest are diferent lore wise... Paladin is all about using the power of light to fight evil, Priest is using the light for saving lifes (or using those knowledge to kill).

Blizz even can not make a Necromancer like Diablo 2 Style (Bone Caster and Blood Curses), as it is right now, they are implemented as Dk Blood... Maybe the Golem spec one could make it, but i dont see it either...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkan View Post
    And, Paladin and Priest are diferent lore wise... Paladin is all about using the power of light to fight evil, Priest is using the light for saving lifes (or using those knowledge to kill).
    Nonsense. If you read Chronicle you would know that Paladins are literally Priests that underwent martial training.

Heck, I have no idea even how you can argue people, lol. You literally have Necromancers in-game and you tell me they can't be a thing? You have a whole bloody island of them and have Naxxramas and ICC filled with them to a brim often alongside Death Knights and you somehow can't imagine how such things can coexist? Really?

Again, there is a very clear differentiation between Death Knight and Necormancer - one is a fighter another is a spellcaster. Unholy Death Knight is a risen fighter that can raise dead and uses disease and minor magic to enhance his martial prowess on the other hand Necromancer is an academic spellcaster using powerful shadow magic and necromancy as opposed to sword as his main means of getting by.

I seriously don't understand how you don't get a simple fact that these are different archetypes and how it is ridiculous to compare a bloody fighter who happens to dabble in basic death magic with a master sorcerer.

Just that fact will already make Necormancer wildly different from DK from the get go - for starters you won't be wearing plate and swinging bloody sword at things - the rest is up to imagination and you don't need much even.

Its perfectly possible. Necromancers and Warlocks or Death Knights are pretty different.

But I really doubt they will be a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a valid idea for a distinct class but I don't think we'll see it next expansion. One reason really; It would have to fit thematically with the expansion. Blizzard have 13 years of precedent for only releasing classes with some thematic linkage to the story or location currently being focused on. I can't see a return to Northrend on the Horizon.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Whatever the next class is, it needs to be ranged. There hasn't been a new ranged class since the launch of the game, in fact, one of the ranged specs, has been turned into a melee spec (see survival). I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sick of seeing "NEED RANGED" for every LFG title, and I play a spriest.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah and demo changed its concept, but unholy cannot change enough, it would need to lose everything ansd still necromancers overlap with warlocks and death knights where demon hunters only with warlocks, and hell they only got 2 specs
    This is a dumb argument. Unholy Death knight is a melee plate wearing class, a necromancer would be ranged and wear cloth. Having similar abilities doesn't stop the class form having the ability to be made.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see Necromancers happening in WoW. We have Affliction, Demonology, and Unholy DKs running around currently. These 3 specs would have to be stripped alot for a Necro class to work.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they'll do it because it would be too hard to make something unique. You're basically talking about something between a frost mage, warlock and DK. I'd rather see a Tinkerer hero class.

Chances are if they DO make a necro class, it'll be 2 specs, one ranged DPS and the other a healing spec.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    no. Its the dumber of the expansion ideas.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Is Necromancer the new tinkerer? God I hope not.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Deleted
    when i think necromancer in wow who/what am i supposed to think about?

kel'thuzad? no everybody remembers him as lich.
    arthas? no everybody remembers him as super deathknight.

also how would a forsaken necromancer work out lorewise? especially if we entertain the notion of sentient minions? and how would that work with the forsaken requiring valkyrs to procreate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    when i think necromancer in wow who/what am i supposed to think about?

kel'thuzad? no everybody remembers him as lich.
    arthas? no everybody remembers him as super deathknight.

also how would a forsaken necromancer work out lorewise? especially if we entertain the notion of sentient minions? and how would that work with the forsaken requiring valkyrs to procreate?
    Actually, the Forsaken have Necromancers in their ranks already. Just nothing really fleshed out beyond the occasional Undead who also happens to be a Necromancer. Gunthur Arcanus and Helcular are two I can think of as of right now.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, have a feeling Khadgar is gonna have a hand in it to. You seen half the weird shit he sends us out to do on the Broken Shore? Collecting silk made of screaming souls so he can make some robes, going around collecting bones to raise a temporary guardian, I'm sure there is a third thing, but I cant think of it now.
    Next expan's plot is probably going to be fighting N'zoth, aiding us will be necromancers after Khadgar motions to finally un-ban necromancy in the Kirin tor.

no, warlock already have identity crisis with the addition of DH's.
    BETA CLUB

Deleted
    Just read Blizzards review on D3 Necro's, and this part shook me within this conversation about class identity.
    "To a Necromancer, summoning a spectre to rip the soul from his foes is no different from a Sorceress conjuring a fireball to defeat her enemies."
    What i think they mean is that, a caster is just a goddamn caster, with different spells. So warlock may shoot Shadow Bolts and Necros shoot Bone Spears, or Teeth. Not saying its happening tho.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thought of something else too, that big Necro update is coming. Maybe they will release that update along with announcing the new wow expan at blizcon this year, both featuring necromancers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    Thought of something else too, that big Necro update is coming. Maybe they will release that update along with announcing the new wow expan at blizcon this year, both featuring necromancers.
    Nah idk about that. I only think Necros are coming if the next x-pack will be about the lich king/same stuff again. Necromancer doesn't fit legion for sure.
    I'd love a return or something for WotLK. Best x pack in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nergul View Post
    no /10 char
    /10 chars ANTS META