Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Class fantasy changes were needed because Blizzard strayed too far from the actual fantasy of each spec. Seriously, what the fuck is a "Combat" Rogue, and why did Subtlety hardly ever use their Stealth abilities outside of a cooldown. Why were all Hunter specs almost identical, why did Demonology move from a pet based spec to a spec that turns you into a demon, I could go on.

Ultimately, you can't expect a complete rework to fix everything in the game. In fact it's the opposite, tons of problems arise when you rework everything. The point of the reworks was to make a clean slate so that they could build on the classes properly.

And I disagree, classes/specs definitely feel more unique than they did in the past.
    Last edited by Lightbull; 2017-05-09 at 01:56 PM.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

this time atleast i think they did a pretty good job.. not like in cata where they completely ruined a lot of fun specs.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    all of you disgust me.

you can't be pleased when the classes are "bugged beyond redemption", the rotation is "uninspired and dull", the class art "sucks and lacks imagination" and that there is "nothing new and exciting" with the next expansion. have you all lost your mind? you are the damn vocal minority and many people enjoy their class and their specs.

you play the game all day with all the aspects it has to offer. so you are easily started when they fiddle with "your" class, with "your" specs and how they want you to play "your" game. quit it, if your class fantasy suddenly doesn't align with your understanding anymore. or do constructive feedback about it. but stop the constant whining, how they change everything everytime. i have every class at 110 except a 105 warlock in the making and a DH at 101 and play since vanilla. sure, combat rogue is now outlaw and he is a lot cooler with a better identity. but the rest is largely the same as it always has been.

and if it upsets you that you have learn something new or change how something plays.. well, stop it. it isn't rocket science and you should be able to handle it.
    Talking Heads quote: Stop Making Sense!
    You're on MMO-C.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    And one expansion they decided to remake them all.
    Do you think that's fair from Blizzard? I feel that most specs were at best in MoP. And this new "diablo team"? Ruined alot of specs and its identity.

Many specs plays similar, which doesnt make me feel unique anymore on many specs.
    It is their product afterall, so yes, it is fair.

You have to develop and take a look at things. I don't really agree with Legion, but nor do I with WoD, MoP and such. Some utility things added in Legion, I praise, while some abilities I find dull.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

The problem is, once upon a time, a players favorite class was at its peak. It performed well, it worked and they thoroughly enjoyed how their class performed at that given time. An expansion comes along, and suddenly the class is no longer what they enjoyed. A player wanted to see their class at that time, have something added to it, not have something MAJOR removed or totally over-hauled.

Change is needed to prevent a class for becoming stale, or to adapt to new content. Each class has reached a peak at some point but instead of adding to that class fantasy by growing in power via new abilities etc. they eventually over-haul the class completely, for the sake of balance or what ever reason.

Granted, a class with too many abilities will need pruning to keep the class simple. Pruning or even altering, the wrong abilities is very bad for class fantasy. Removing Hammer of Wrath from Ret Paladins for example... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Deleted
    I lost my faith in class revamps when they took away the fun from the Death Knights. I liked tanking or doing dps in whatever spec I fancied, I liked having that choice. Everything just went kinda downhill from there.

Many classes were changed so much that it doesnt really feel like the same WoW anymore.

Blizzard needs to realize that at 12 years old, The game is largely going off of nostalgia. Changing so much isnt going to bring people in, its going to drive them away. No one wants to come back to see their beloved mains are entirely different from what they remember.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2017-05-09 at 01:29 PM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Do you think that's fair from Blizzard? I feel that most specs were at best in MoP. And this new "diablo team"? Ruined alot of specs and its identity.

Many specs plays similar, which doesnt make me feel unique anymore on many specs.
    Almost 13 years live and over 5 years of development(most of it was not class design/balance of course). Classes have been remade several times, this is absolutely not a first. I agree classes were pretty fun in MoP, since then some of them actually got very nice improvements, some became shit. It's all over the place.

I played a bunch of specs/classes throughout the years and my favorites were probably MoP Survival hunter, TBC holy pally, Wrath shadow priest and Legion unholy DK.

Right now playing Brewmaster monk, lots of fun but I feel like there is a little something missing to really make it great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    Class fantasy changes were needed. Seriously, what the fuck is a "Combat" Rogue, and why did Subtlety hardly ever use their Stealth abilities outside of a cooldown. Why were all Hunter specs almost identical, why did Demonology move from a pet based spec to a spec that turns you into a demon, I could go on.
    Agreed. Too many of the specs played way too close to one another. Personally, I enjoyed their class
    fantasy changes. By making each spec more distinct from one another, it at least, feels more like a
    different experience with an almost new "class" then before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Welcome to... how many expansions ago? GC's "bring the player not the class" nonsense probably peaked in MOP. This isn't new, but it also seemingly isn't going anywhere soon. At least Ion has acknowledged they went too far with it.
    The irony being that MoP was the peak of "Bring the class not the player"

Deleted
    Even with all the focus on class fantasy and identity, the specs play almost identical. It doesn't get much more obvious than when i compare my razer naga mouse's 12 keybinds and they are basically identical no matter what class or role I play.

Deleted
    Lots of people really have trouble with change... This whole "in the good old days, everything was better" attitude is hilarious coming from the (assumedly) young gamer generation. My grandma always said this.

Things change. Get used to it. Adapt to it, and if you really dislike something, give constructive feedback on it. "Turn it back to how it was" is not constructive.

I think its a waste of resources and $ that could be funnelled into more content. The amount of time blizzard has spent in Legion on class design was ridicules.

It not like people ever asked or demanded this too. Sometimes a class/spec needs a re-work but not to this amount. 10+ years playing a hunter and i am left too 1 spec...i am too old and can care less for learning new shitty versions of past specs.

...also ^*(^*( melee hunters. I miss surv .....

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    I mean if you main a class buy new expansion and you literally get nothing new about your class that would kind of suck for spending $50 right? All you'll get is some new model gear and new zone/area access. They should add just maybe 3 new spells for each class like in BC instead of total revamp I agree with that tho.
    Wrong. I've mained a class for a reason. Failzard destroy that reason in every expansion. And, considering that rerolling in Legion is as easy as cutting your own balls with a dull sickle - because of fucking artifact power crap not being account shared and failgendaries - it just grew to absurd levels. I've never wanted to play APM-based GCD-locked shadow priest. I've never asked for a pirate rogue heavily tied to rng in its game mechanics. I never dreamed of playing a melee survival huntard, bleh. I hope there is a hell, and ion has a special reserved pool of especially hot lava and specifically painful sulfuric acid for what he have done to my favourite game.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

While few would disagree classes change a lot from expansion to expansion. Legion is the one with the most changes, many specs were redone in their entirety, which is unprecedented.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I really like WoD's MM Hunter, but now I hate it.
    BM has changed but at least it feels like BM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

I hate that everyone is homogenized. Every spec has a dot to keep up and 3 classes can Brez or lust but it can only be done once or twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The whittling down of diversity in specs is most definitely the most significant reason for me leaving the game.
    The excuses they use to give pallies and spriests combo points. We don't like healers up close and personal in combat so we took it from mw....and gave it to pallies.

Quote Originally Posted by gamgee76 View Post
    First experience with a wow Xpac hmm?
    I've played since beta and still play the same main since launch; I'm well aware They like changing things that don't need changing.

15+ Year Old Account
    This was actually the reason my wife stopped playing. She loved her paladin. She played ret and had a lot of fun. Then they completely changed it and added the holy power element and she just unsubbed because it didn't feel like her paladin anymore. She hasn't come back since.

I'm a bit tired of all the changes myself. I main a shaman. I don't even use totems anymore (1 exception for stuns). It was the most iconic part of my class and its almost removed entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    I agree, but then again that was probably just the luck of the draw. If you scrap everything enough, at some point you'll come close to something good.
    They can't tell when something's good and scrap it too, even when numbers are up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    The same GC that a shit load of idiots on this forum were calling for to be fired? Amazing how times change.
    Still glad he's gone but it seems like he can't move on from WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Things change. Get used to it. Adapt to it, and if you really dislike something, give constructive feedback on it. "Turn it back to how it was" is not constructive.
    It is constructive, it says things were much better before and the changes are disliked.