Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    lol i get it, you walked up hill in the snow, all new or returning players should have to suffer like you did. got it

the time gate is not relevant to the quests thats utter bs. the ap is not any better then any other content these days.

the ak was if blizz never gave ANY increased ak. as in AK 1. it only effects new players, has NO impact on those who have been playing.
    Actually, that's not what I said at all.

If you want to do that then basically you are saying "Hmph, Suramar is old. I want it quick and easy. Stop making it hard for me. Give it to me now!" I do like how you ignored the whole point about Draenor flying being time/rep gated, but I guess that goes against your point?

If you don't think the time gating makes sense based on the quest then I guess you haven't finished it.

How in the world does it make sense to complete the storyline where you basically start the take over of Suramar and what people sacrifice themselves for it. That's like saying "Oh hi lowly person we don't know you well, but come what us sacrifice ourselves for you to help us" or some crap like that.

Have 2 accounts that's active an EU one and an US one for RP reasons. Can confirm do not have flying on US cba- doing Surumar all over again and then do the rep grinds. Imma just have my buddies fly me around.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Actually, that's not what I said at all.

If you want to do that then basically you are saying "Hmph, Suramar is old. I want it quick and easy. Stop making it hard for me. Give it to me now!" I do like how you ignored the whole point about Draenor flying being time/rep gated, but I guess that goes against your point?

If you don't think the time gating makes sense based on the quest then I guess you haven't finished it.

How in the world does it make sense to complete the storyline where you basically start the take over of Suramar and what people sacrifice themselves for it. That's like saying "Oh hi lowly person we don't know you well, but come what us sacrifice ourselves for you to help us" or some crap like that.
    yes, getting kittens back to their mom for rep to unlock the quests REALLY IMPACTS THAT. LOL

i think to appreciate this expansion, we should make you go back and clear every quest of every expac until now. so it makes sense to you. otherwise theres no way it would still make sense.

the time gate does nothing. it adds nothing. it pointless. 100%. there isnt a discussion, it literally makes no difference other then forcing people to wait and push kitties and kill random shit. removing the rep gate will not change the story at all. it just lets players experience it faster and with less daily headache on useless shit.

draenor was gated the same way as broken shore. The most recent. relevant content was the time gate. not old, useless, irrelevant zones.

Too much work and released too late. Why would many care at this point? Many are barely playing..

yes, getting kittens back to their mom for rep to unlock the quests REALLY IMPACTS THAT. LOL
    That quest isn't gated by rep though. You just have to unlock the initial part of Suramar by starting the base and proving yourself.

i think to appreciate this expansion, we should make you go back and clear every quest of every expac until now. so it makes sense to you. otherwise theres no way it would still make sense.
    Okay, but what does old expansion content have to do with current expansion content that isn't outdated? You believe it's outdate because it was 7.0-7.2 content.

the time gate does nothing. it adds nothing. it pointless. 100%. there isnt a discussion, it literally makes no difference other then forcing people to wait and push kitties and kill random shit.
    Again, if that's the example you are using then you are counting the wrong quests as time gates.

draenor was gated the same way as broken shore. The most recent. relevant content was the time gate. not old, useless, irrelevant zones.
    Hm.... I was unaware various Assault areas were current content when they had been there since the start of the expansion. PLUS there were some you had to wait for awhile just to even have it pop up. That'd be like saying invasions are still part of flying, but we'll only do 1 invasion a week during 1 day of the week. If you miss it wait until next time! Oh wait, I guess that counts as current content, but now that it affects something people want now then it's okay for it not to count?

a 2 part achievement that gives you something that used to be sold by a vendor is insane. the current development team is far too fixated on controlling exactly how players do literally everything in the game, instead of allowing players the freedom of choice they used to have. which is gonna put off a lot of people.

That quest isn't gated by rep though. You just have to unlock the initial part of Suramar by starting the base and proving yourself.

Okay, but what does old expansion content have to do with current expansion content that isn't outdated? You believe it's outdate because it was 7.0-7.2 content.

Again, if that's the example you are using then you are counting the wrong quests as time gates.

Hm.... I was unaware various Assault areas were current content when they had been there since the start of the expansion. PLUS there were some you had to wait for awhile just to even have it pop up. That'd be like saying invasions are still part of flying, but we'll only do 1 invasion a week during 1 day of the week. If you miss it wait until next time! Oh wait, I guess that counts as current content, but now that it affects something people want now then it's okay for it not to count?

you are confusing yourself, the REP is needed to progress in the story. so instead of just being able to do the suramar story line, you need to spend weeks saving kittens and doing other useless shit that dont progress you in any way other then finally getting to do the last quest line of an outdated zone.

imagine if in the next patch there is another zone, new players will need to do emissary, suramar, broken shore, and new zone to be current. But again, i guess this is good for you, your whole argument boils down to, i did it, so should you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by globenstine View Post
    a 2 part achievement that gives you something that used to be sold by a vendor is insane. the current development team is far too fixated on controlling exactly how players do literally everything in the game, instead of allowing players the freedom of choice they used to have. which is gonna put off a lot of people.
    yeah its getting pretty close to being a diablo campaign rather then a wow mmo. do everything in every zone with every restraint. fuck new players. fuck returning players. Fuck people who dont wanna quest all day.

Imagine in wotlk being FORCED to do argent tournament and icc dailies for the whole expac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    IMO that's a lot of people who rerolled at some point and because of how insanely fucking bad suramar is they just never went back with their new main cuz doing it once on the first toon is already torture enough.

Now they dont wan't to go back to their old main to get the rest done, so they start over on their new main, and it's going slowly because it's simply NOT FUN.

Also the main point of flying is to do WQ faster and get to M+ faster. 2 pretty bad incentive to get flying because WQ are also boring as fuck, and most people just masturbate in their class hall waiting to get summoned to every M+ or raids.

Nah, it's been a blast with the Broken isle & flying, it depends why you are doing the WQ's, boring as fck? You get caches wich can drop legendarys & mounts. Im fine with that, it's a mmo and everything can't be 1000% fun.

That is proper lazy if you can't go back to your old character and finish up suramar if thats the case, loads of Ap and such.. Plus the story is quite nice tbf.

you could do the assaults while leveling up, same with treasures. suramar you cant. its the difference between it and all the other zones.

The assaults you couldn't do in Draenor until you were 110 and you only got a choice of two each day out of like 10 or so. Some would take weeks to pop. Yet, that doesn't get frowned upon in your reference to the past as time gating? That was even more useless than what you are complaining about now.

you are confusing yourself, the REP is needed to progress in the story. so instead of just being able to do the suramar story line, you need to spend weeks saving kittens and doing other useless shit that dont progress you in any way other then finally getting to do the last quest line of an outdated zone.

Ok. At this point I'm starting to doubt you have really even done anything in the zone. If you did you would know it takes less than two weeks to hit the rep points. Right now they are literally throwing rep at you and weren't before. You have anywhere from 250 to 750 Nightfallen rep you can get from the mission table. On my alt who hasn't even opened up Suramar (never took Khadgar's quest) has 9 WQ's up and at 75 Rep a pop that's at least 675 rep and some of those I know give 200 or more.

Heck all my alts that have been doing Suramar only to open it up and WQ's when Emissary is up are already revered and haven't put in any effort really. You are making this a bigger thing than it really is. Go play the game, do the zone you'll learn it's not as hard as you are making it. If it was the same way it was at launch then I'd agree with speeding it up some, but now? Not really since they've sped it up a lot. The only suggestion I'd make is the end of each quest chain (that unlocks a chapter) give say 250 rep or something since some don't. For instance, the Vyrkul line gives no rep so giving 250 at the end won't hurt anything and gives something for the effort although it's not needed.

imagine if in the next patch there is another zone, new players will need to do emissary, suramar, broken shore, and new zone to be current. But again, i guess this is good for you, your whole argument boils down to, i did it, so should you.
    Could you explain to me why people should have to do the expansion content to be current? You pay to play an expansion, not buy an expansion just to play the last patch (some do, but they still need to experience the past). You don't have to run every raid, you don't have to do every single quest. You have options on how you want to arrive at the end.

There are bigger things to complain about than something that can take 1-2 weeks tops. You can do it while doing Legionfall. It's not like it takes longer.

Their whole point was you could literally do nothing in the entire game but dungeons/pvp and hit level cap and buy flying. They didn't like this because you didn't experience some of the content. So they made it a requirement to do most of the quests and such at least once. I think that's a pretty fair trade because they could say "Screw the players, let's make them do it on everyone!"

You could even do Azuna on one toon, Highmountain on a second, Stormheim on a third, Val'sharah on a fourth, Suramar on a fifth and your sixth did Legionfall. Each part of the meta for each aren't required for everyone. The only one that is close is diplomat I think. Even then you could do WQ, tokens, etc and get it.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah its getting pretty close to being a diablo campaign rather then a wow mmo. do everything in every zone with every restraint. fuck new players. fuck returning players. Fuck people who dont wanna quest all day.

Imagine in wotlk being FORCED to do argent tournament and icc dailies for the whole expac.
    suramar rep should be account wide 100%, so that on an alt you could just log in and blast through the entire campaign in one day. i literally didnt start doing anything in suramar on my alts until i had enough rep tokens for nightfallen to just get exalted with them. also they should have never kept all the d3 devs together when they moved them. those chodes should have been split up across multiple platforms so that they wouldn't have the pull to bring d3 cancer to other games like they have with WoW.
    Last edited by globenstine; 2017-05-09 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Why do you think that is?
    'Cos I really, really, can't be arsed.

Can we just go back to buying the licenses to fly again please? I'd probably do the content in order to currently unlock Flying then...

I honestly didn't think I would enjoy flying as much as I have after it was reinstated.

Next expansion please just let us buy our license and fly from the start. The endless running on the ground is tedious and also the logic behind the character suddenly loosing the ability to fly keeps irritating me :P

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    The ability to fly won't be as transformative of a gameplay change in Legion as it has been in the past
    You've got to be joking. No other expansion has been designed to frustrate the process of getting from A to B as much as Legion. Being able to fly was like finally getting some fresh air after being suffocated.

"Active in the last month" doesn't say much. I know a whole bunch of casuals that almost never play the game, but they log on occationally. Of course they dont have PF1 or PF2, but it's their own choice. It's not like it's hard to get flying if thats what you want. But it requires you to log on more than 10 min every other day.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    People who want flying have it - the biggest holdups for people would've been the Suramar quest line but after enough world quests basically everyone should be exalted if they have done the majority of the emissary quests

I wanted flying, wasn't hard to achieve with a bit of effort. The ones who don't have it are people who play once a week or people who don't want flying
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2017-05-09 at 09:34 AM.

Well there was no flying in vanilla, so did that mean we didn't have freedom of choice back then? It's blizzards game and they create the game they want. We can't start dictating what should be in the game or not.

So you don't want to enter Looking For Raid for 1 boss that you can pretty much AFK on? Ok, that kind of show's how lazy some will be lol.
    And what the hell does it have to to do with laziness if I don't want to Raid, not even a little bit.

How about you stop calling strangers you've never met lazy just because they don't play multiplayer game same way you think it should be played.

The only thing I said was that for the first time in 10 years I'm unable to fly while playing this multiplayer game THE WAY I WANT TO PLAY IT.

I didn't bitch or whine "huurrrduur imma wanna fly..gief me all i don wanna work fo it thou!!" I simply unsubscribed and gave my reason for doing it to Blizzard.
    (And the only reason I said anything at all was so that I could contribute to this thread giving the reason why I'm one of those who hasn't completed PF1).

I personally don't give a damn about flying. I never got Draenor Pathfinder because I didn't enjoy the grinding.

In Legion it just so happens that I enjoyed doing the content required for Legion Pathfinder, so I got it.

That's probably one of the main factors.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauna View Post
    And what the hell does it have to to do with laziness if I don't want to Raid, not even a little bit.

How about you stop calling strangers you've never met lazy just because they don't play multiplayer game same way you think it should be played.

The only thing I said was that for the first time in 10 years I'm unable to fly while playing this multiplayer game THE WAY I WANT TO PLAY IT.

I didn't bitch or whine "huurrrduur imma wanna fly..gief me all i don wanna work fo it thou!!" I simply unsubscribed and gave my reason for doing it to Blizzard.
    (And the only reason I said anything at all was so that I could contribute to this thread giving the reason why I'm one of those who hasn't completed PF1).
    Which one of the achivements requires you to step into a raid?

Because it's pure laziness to not queue for looking for raid and even afk on one boss. I mean there is no effort require other than sit down, have a drink or eat some food while people are killing an easy mode boss.

Well considering a raid is a multiplayer type item and what you are wanting is single player stuff. Yeah one could call someone lazy for not partaking in some multiplayer activity.

I didn't say you were a lazy person. Just that you were lazy on this one particular requirement.

Yes, you gave your reasoning. I replied back asking are you really that lazy to complain about something that takes ten minutes tops if even that? If they made you go into normal then I can see your reasoning, but not here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Which one of the achivements requires you to step into a raid?
    The final part of "A Change of Seasons" (Think that's the part) where you go kill Xavius.