Thread: 7.2 Followers?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    ^ He combos well with the arcane destroyer and 8hr+ equipment, the increased time is really not much of a downside because you run out of worthwhile missions to do after the gold ones that spawns maybe once a day, the ap ones, the crappy blood and rune ones there rly isn't much left so its cool to save time but then you get your followers just sitting there doing nothing. Even with millhouse had many of my followers afk last few days.
    Yeah that works, but I wasn't paying attention about 11 days ago and sent Millhouse and the destroyer off on a command centre mission.

They are back tomorrow.

I am thinking of holding a small welcome back party in the class hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Yeah that works, but I wasn't paying attention about 11 days ago and sent Millhouse and the destroyer off on a command centre mission.

They are back tomorrow.

I'm really glad I leveled my Esara Verrinde. I had her equip a Pathfinder's Saddle which goes really well with her Flying Carpet skill, reducing 35% of every mission's time.

Meatball does not cut it anymore as a combat ally. Generally speaking I kill things to fast and he spends most of his time running to and fro. His execute rarely goes off.
    Vargoth will be my combat ally going forward. I will adjust my other champions accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think only DKs and Druids are better off going with the other option. For druids it's very good; get a treant with the proper boss counter to round out your group, get at least one moonkin to round out your counters and then keep those two alive with Sylendra's wild mushrooms). DKs can have two tier two troops that counter boss abilities up; you cannot heal them as you would with a druid but you can almost always get counters.

Aethas is a horrid bodyguard imo. In passive mode his at best OK, in active mode he can take forever to start casting and I can often kill a mob before he gets a single cast off.
    If you're killing a mob before he can get a cast off, no combat ally is truly going to "benefit" you. Aethas is decent against higher HP mobs as he'll do around 10% single target damage, and performs well in AoE.

I prefer Vargoth on the bench since his traits are too good to pair with equipment. While Aethas static bonus of 40% success chance means he can easily get by with using the legendary gear for AP/Tokens/Gold. Essentially when you're done using him as a CA for the day he's easy to throw on a mission with other champions regardless of counter for increased success chance. That flexability makes him a good CA if you go between WQ's and Missions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

They are back tomorrow.

I never used this guy for that reason. Most of important missions are already more than 8 hours long. The only problm is about missions between 4 and 8 hours duration. This is why aethas is there. With à good equipment, he makes a +80 to +120% to any mission just alone....

My team:
    Meatball
    Moroes (Kalec/Arcanodestroyer if you don't have him, I do)
    Vargoth
    Modera
    Meryl
    Aethas
    Esara

Buff Moroes and Meatball with 10-15% reduce duration tokens and +30% and +40% mission success. The main purpose of these 2 is to complete these 3-day missions with max 1 extra champion (to counter slowing) and then do them again when they re-proc (I only do the AP and 500 res ones, 7500 nethershards is a waste of effort, I've looted enough chaos crystalls to dissuade myself from ever sending this mission again) Meatball balls of energy are very nice to help if somehow 100% isn't achived in those 3-day missions (so save 5 for this). Rest of the crew deals with other missions effortlessly.
    Last edited by Makarena; 2017-05-10 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    My team:
    Meatball
    Moroes (Kalec/Arcanodestroyer if you don't have him, I do)
    Vargoth
    Modera
    Meryl
    Aethas
    Esara

Buff Moroes and Meatball with 10-15% reduce duration tokens and +30% and +40% mission success. The main purpose of these 2 is to complete these 3-day missions with max 1 extra champion (to counter slowing) and then do them again when they re-proc (I only do the AP and 500 res ones, 7500 nethershards is a waste of effort, I've looted enough chaos crystalls to dissuade myself from ever sending this mission again) Meatball balls of energy are very nice to help if somehow 100% isn't achived in those 3-day missions (so save 5 for this). Rest of the crew deals with other missions effortlessly.
    What equip do you have on the others btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Linay View Post
    So why dont you make a full list of what followers you use and what equip you have, instead of being a little rude and basicly claiming stuff, using the word claiming since you dont provide proof in you statements.
    Do you seriously need to be slavish to a person's particular build or do you think you're trying to prove a point?

Everyone uses the same +30%-40% buffing items to hit 200% and yet people keep asking "what equipment do you use?"

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linay View Post
    What equip do you have on the others btw?
    Unless you are getting legendary items you'll be using the Pathfinder's Saddle (-15% duration) in a combo with Vial of Timeless Breath and Bottomless flask (those are the once that add 40% and 30% on 8h missions). You can more or less take any two followers with that combo and they'll do one of the 3day missions on their own at 200%, sometimes depending on which two followers they'll need the help of a troop minion or one of the buff items such as one of Meatballs strange magical balls or the magical bunnies.

More or less all my followers have that combo, it just works on everything. Not just the 3day rare missions connected to the tower.

If you are running missions with the app and you want to get as many short missions out as possible then this is obviously not ideal but for the rest of us then it probably is.

Pre 7.2 Millhouse was godsent for mages, there were hardly enough missions worth doing and he guaranteed success. With 7.2 this changed, now there are always mission up worth doing.

But with the command center mission he's a real PITA, especially together with the buggy app. My command center mission had two hourglasses, that both could be countered by blizzard. Before starting the mission in the app millhouse countered both, reducing the time to 3 days + 100% more to 6 days. That would be fine.
    But as soon as I sent the mission away, Millhouse only countered the first hourglass, which made the mission take 6 days + 100% = 12 fucking days, in whcih both the arcane destroyer as well as millhouse are not available. And the thing that bothers me most is that I still had Vargoth as my combat ally who I would have used to counter the second blizzard if the app had shown it correctly.

So (besides hoping they fix the app) I really need to get rid of Millhouse. But I am not certain if I go for Ravandwyr (as I only have one active follower to counter that) or Blizzard (I only have Vargoth that I use as combat ally).