Deleted

Fury Warrior Final Artifact Weapon Trait Simulation

I simulated Concordace of the Legionfall - Final Artifact Weapon Trait for Fury Warrior:

Character Stats (Raid-Buffed)
    Strength: 38616
    Crit: 16.82%
    Haste: 32.09%
    Mastery: 46.13%
    Versatility: 2.36%
    Equip: Increases your autoattack damage by 10%.

Simulationcraft (Version 720-03)
    Fight Style: Patchwerk
    Fight Length: 480 – 720 sec
    Iterations: 100007
    Number of Runs: 3

(Figure 1 Average DPS done by all abilities for each rank of CotL from 0 to 15 based on 908,69 ilvl Orc Fury Warrior (Simulationcraft Version 720-03))

(Figure 2 Increase of average DPS done by all abilities for each rank of CotL from 1 to 15 based on 908,69 ilvl Orc Fury Warrior (Simulationcraft Version 720-03))

Results
    First rank of CotL increases average damage output around 8622 DPS. Each additional rank increases damage done by an average of 850 DPS.

I am not able to link PDF because I am forum noob...

Is somebody able to confirm my results? What do u think about - DMG increase / AP / AK / Time - relations?

LF links and informations about this topic.

I did a similiar simulation run (ranks 0-10) and can confirm the results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wUk/edit#gid=0

For my character its 7k DPS for the first point, ~900 DPS for the following points.

Notice that even when doing 10k iterations, the DPS error is still 700 which explains the irregular steps for the later levels (especially the 2nd point seems to be a strange simulation outlier, which pushes the average value quite a bit).

Considering how minor the later increases are, my first priority will be to level both offspecs to 52, and only then begin continue pumping more points into my fury spec.

Another interesting aspect is that the Stamina Bonus (0.75% per level) is way more significant than the DPS gain (0.68% 1st point / 0.09% later points), which may have some importance for high-end mythic progress where you barely survive some raidwide damage.

Unless some ToS boss will require the raid to be above a certain Stamina threshold, AP grinding for concordance levels is definitely not worth the time (and I'm glad it is like that ).
    Last edited by Tseng; 2017-05-09 at 10:53 AM.

Deleted
    Well not even 1% is totally rubbish tbh might as well stop at 48 or so till we get to much later AK

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Well not even 1% is totally rubbish tbh might as well stop at 48 or so till we get to much later AK
    One one hand your right, compared to to old "final trait" 1% is rubbish. But on other hand this is no reason to don't take a 1% increase. U argue the same way on other minor increases, u blow away much more than 1%.

My data looks litte bit more stable, I did 100000 iterations and 3 runs from 0 to 15, then middled "away" the big range, to have good looking diagrams. But of course overall the result is the same.

Apart from the fact that I don't like Arms atm, I am glad to have the possibility to change speccs without the big downside of the old "overweighted" final traits.

Overall the procc has 25% uptime. With regard to short and lucky (100% uptime) aoe burst situations, ~ 2k str procc is not that bad. We eat runes (325 str) too, regardless a litte bit str is a minor improvement compared to the summe of all stats and improvements we can have.

Each point increase is small on purpose - they specifically wanted it that way to stop people from feeling like there was a big advantage between no-life AP grinders being 2-3 points ahead (also why the AP requirement for each point growth is so large), and the casual bare minimum being 2-3 points behind.

Admittedly, it makes the trait feel very underwhelming, but at that point, as there's nothing else to do with AP, there's no opportunity cost being lost.

Deleted
    It just feels really meh right now, because we're at AK what, 34 ? So of course the first traits seem really expensive for shit all results. I'm currently at 49 traits, and definitely don't want to grind that 52nd point right now.

My understanding is that when ToS releases, we'll be around AK 40, and getting 52 from 0 on a weapon will be a week's worth of playing, if even that, without grinding M+ like a madman. Then it starts making more sense that those are minimal gains per trait, which will add up quite a lot over time if you're regularly playing on a single toon.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Each point increase is small on purpose - they specifically wanted it that way to stop people from feeling like there was a big advantage between no-life AP grinders being 2-3 points ahead (also why the AP requirement for each point growth is so large), and the casual bare minimum being 2-3 points behind.

Admittedly, it makes the trait feel very underwhelming, but at that point, as there's nothing else to do with AP, there's no opportunity cost being lost.
    Doesn't it question of the value of having AP on the first place if the solution to its problems is to make it as underwhelming as possible?

Anyway, seems like maintaining your offspec (if any) is the play here. Beyond the first Concordance level, the gains are so marginal as to not be worth worrying about. Albeit the stamina bonus is pretty good; there's, what 50 levels of Condordance? So 25% bonus stamina in total, if I read this right. Pretty significant in the long run, since I know we won't get anywhere near these fifty levels anytime soon.

good, no one is grinding ap like they used to, and its a good thing.

Deleted
    Its fine with each trait giving a 0.5% or something after the initial one. Along with the way AK works atm its not really farmable. But the very first one when you unlock it, being the last trait and all, should be a little rewarding. Its like a milestone, should have been like 2-3% increase at least imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    good, no one is grinding ap like they used to, and its a good thing.
    Not yet...

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't check when I just unlocked it myself, but don't the points still award the slight stam/dmg boost as well? (dmg i think only being on Prot) Or does that stop once you get to CotL?
    Last edited by KrotosTheTank; 2017-05-10 at 04:49 PM.