That is pretty...pretty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    That is pretty...pretty
    thank you
    I'm nowhere near my "prime" xD lost all my routine :P
    but thanks anyways

I would love to see more things like that

You definitely need to start building stuff like commercial areas and piers on that small island on the background.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    You definitely need to start building stuff like commercial areas and piers on that small island on the background.
    The one-tile challenge means you can't build more than outside of the first area you start with. The small isle is probably too far away to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The one-tile challenge means you can't build more than outside of the first area you start with. The small isle is probably too far away to do so.
    uh, ok, didn't read the reddit link
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    uh, ok, didn't read the reddit link
    hehe yeah that was the challenge =)

but i'm currently working on a new project

Deleted
    My WIP project. I hope this time I have the strenght to finish the map

Few more pictures can be found here:
    http://imgur.com/a/izQVE

That almost looks like one of those Roller Coaster Tycoon challenge maps. Very good job on the tiered areas.

I need to get back into this game.

Deleted
    A small update:

Been enjoying the yogscast Sjin series. Here is his first one, for a city he's calling Chaipan. Made me lol at times.

MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

New video up with one of the devs, with a look at the new features coming - definitely some good stuff coming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EiT2ApWBlU

Ugh, even more emphasis on transportation. The game is turning more and more into Cities in motion. I would like to do more economical management instead
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though SimCity 2013 was quite a bummer, I did like the economics used in raw materials -> factories -> stores/export.
    Eventually that was pretty much the only thing I did in there. Craft and sell stuff, set up routes.

I'd love to see an iteration of that coming to Cities. Have more control and involvement in the processing of goods. Especially the financial part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been working on a new city (I still have my 125k grid city) that is made up of mostly curved roads, circles, and other curvey shapes. Got a couple of nice pictures:

I really struggle to create circular cities. I'm so grid-oriented, with a need to separate functionality as much as possible into repeatable, even segments. I'm the same way in real life, too, like, at the gym I will re-order all of the weights on the squat rack when I use it so that each side of the rack has the same 2.5's, 5's, 10's, 25's, 35's, and 45's.

An example of "grid":

You may have struggled but they look amazing. Haven't touched the game in a long time. I kind of want to reinstall now. But I'm several updates behind.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I'm worse at than making a good looking city (since I have grid-OCD issues in that game)... is to make a good entrance to the city which DOESN'T build up a huge queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    You may have struggled but they look amazing. Haven't touched the game in a long time. I kind of want to reinstall now. But I'm several updates behind.
    Thanks! It's not easy to keep them going because every curve wastes more space as you exponentially increase the next curve outside of it. In the end, you end up making a lot of straight lines between the curves to use up the space.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    The only thing I'm worse at than making a good looking city (since I have grid-OCD issues in that game)... is to make a good entrance to the city which DOESN'T build up a huge queue.
    Roundabouts. I use large roundabouts one level up over the expressway, with off/on-ramps on both sides and those lead into more roundabouts on each side. Of course, that may not be feasible depending on your terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    because every curve wastes more space
    After playing Simcity 2013 a lot before C:S came out, the hardest habit I had to break was trying to get the most out of my space. C:S has more than enough space. You will run into hardware limitations before you run out of space, especially if you use the 25 or 81 tiles mods. Once I learned to ease up on space my cities started looking a lot better, more room for parks, greens and upgraded roads and intersections when needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snownova View Post
    After playing Simcity 2013 a lot before C:S came out, the hardest habit I had to break was trying to get the most out of my space. C:S has more than enough space. You will run into hardware limitations before you run out of space, especially if you use the 25 or 81 tiles mods. Once I learned to ease up on space my cities started looking a lot better, more room for parks, greens and upgraded roads and intersections when needed.
    True, look at my grid city. 125k people, nearing a limit (fastest speed is nearly normal) and I have used only 1/3 of the space.