Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I believe that the blood elves have to take back the north of the East Plague lands!

Quel'Lithien Lodge should be taken over and given a new aesthetic

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I believe that the blood elves have to take back the north of the East Plague lands!

Quel'Lithien Lodge should be taken over and given a new aesthetic
    They are still busy retaking the ghostlands and rebuilding Quel'thalas in general, they aren't really in any shape to expand their borders.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They are still busy retaking the ghostlands and rebuilding Quel'thalas in general, they aren't really in any shape to expand their borders.
    Is not to extend is to have what was of them in the first place is also that half of the territory to the west of ghostlands.

Quel'Lithien Lodge was always part of Quelthalas

What is the problem people have with Christie Golden? I've always loved all her WoW books (more the ones set before WoW, just because there must have been some confusion with Tides of War and they forgot that Jaina had been helping the Alliance since Vanilla, then actively invaded Durotar in Cataclysm, with invasion plans for Orgrimmar, Razor Hill, and the Valley of Trials, and had her troops move into Tiragarde Keep to salvage it as a point from which to attack the Horde).

Arthas: Rise of the Lich King is my all-time favorite WoW book, with Lord of the Clans as a close second.

More to the topic, I look forward to seeing more of Anasterian. I hope he gets some official art. And I also hope we see Kael'thas. I wonder if he was alive back then? It would also be cool to see Anasterian's dad and grandpa if they're alive, or to learn more about them, just because we don't know anything about the two kings between Dath'remar and Anasterian.

I'm very hopeful for this book. The ones set before WoW time, back before the franchise depended on the two-faction system, so meaningful story developments could be made without having to pander to each side, have always been my favorite WoW books. And it'll also be awesome to read more about the Forest Trolls (read: best trolls).

Anything that features heavy Quel'thalas focus is a win in my book, and I can't wait to see the elves be better than humans at magic again. Even if Blizzard/the Author is going to have them be in awe when the humans work together to make a big pillar of fire or whatever that big spell was.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2017-05-09 at 04:28 PM.

Illidank Novel leads to Legion
    Troll Wars Novel leads to HYPE

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    The Amani should never go to war, if they had sought to maintain peace with their neighbors their giant empire would not have been destroyed
    I think one of the main reasons was that the area around Silvermoon was sacred to the Amani.

Aside from that, most Forest Trolls are just presented as major assholes who believe themselves above anyone else, they would take any kind of toleration of seemingly inferior races as weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    What is the problem people have with Christie Golden? I've always loved all her WoW books (more the ones set before WoW, just because there must have been some confusion with Tides of War and they forgot that Jaina had been helping the Alliance since Vanilla, then actively invaded Durotar in Cataclysm, with invasion plans for Orgrimmar, Razor Hill, and the Valley of Trials, and had her troops move into Tiragarde Keep to salvage it as a point from which to attack the Horde).

Arthas: Rise of the Lich King is my all-time favorite WoW book, with Lord of the Clans as a close second.

More to the topic, I look forward to seeing more of Anasterian. I hope he gets some official art. And I also hope we see Kael'thas. I wonder if he was alive back then? It would also be cool to see Anasterian's dad and grandpa if they're alive, or to learn more about them, just because we don't know anything about the two kings between Dath'remar and Anasterian.

I'm very hopeful for this book. The ones set before WoW time, back when the franchise depended on the two-faction system, so meaningful story developments could be made without having to pander to each side, have always been my favorite WoW books. And it'll also be awesome to read more about the Forest Trolls (read: best trolls).

Anything that features heavy Quel'thalas focus is a win in my book, and I can't wait to see the elves be better than humans at magic again. Even if Blizzard/the Author is going to have them be in awe when the humans work together to make a big pillar of fire or whatever that big spell was.
    I did not like war crimes was very stupid. Also the human / dragon romance is ridiculous.

I want to see grand magister Belo'vir and talanas windrunner, Maybe lady liadrin and lorthemar

The War Crimes book seemed like a Filler Episode, like you sometimes see in tv shows and anime. It was mostly flash-backs to lore already seen. Almost nothing had a lasting impact. Other then "Garrosh has a trial and escapes" the book doesn't really have any significance to it.

I think the Human/Dragon romance was intended to reveal that dragons, while infertile in dragon shape, can still reproduce in mortal shape. Revealing the Titan's design that the dragonflights merge into mortal society now that their charge is over and the Hour of Twilight prevented. With the hate that pregnant Jaina with Kalecgos babies is likely to cause, they may not go through with it however. But it could be why she isn't anywhere to be seen right now.

More on topic, the Troll Wars book would be a strong indicator that the next expansion will feature the Zandalari.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The War Crimes book seemed like a Filler Episode, like you sometimes see in tv shows and anime. It was mostly flash-backs to lore already seen. Almost nothing had a lasting impact. Other then "Garrosh has a trial and escapes" the book doesn't really have any significance to it.

I think the Human/Dragon romance was intended to reveal that dragons, while infertile in dragon shape, can still reproduce in mortal shape. Revealing the Titan's design that the dragonflights merge into mortal society now that their charge is over and the Hour of Twilight prevented. With the hate that pregnant Jaina with Kalecgos babies is likely to cause, they may not go through with it however. But it could be why she isn't anywhere to be seen right now.

More on topic, the Troll Wars book would be a strong indicator that the next expansion will feature the Zandalari.
    Hopefully Kalec being willing to be on the Council with the Horde in the city makes Jaina hate him too and they never get back together. I dislike inter-species romance in fantasy. Just go to Caverns of Time and give teenage Arthas a nice MILF already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post

Eh I'd argue it developed Sylvanas and to an extent Anduin, but otherwise WC was kinda episodic, this on the otherhand if its actually a story about the troll wars, it seems kinda odd even if it was a south seas expansion next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Eh I'd argue it developed Sylvanas and to an extent Anduin, but otherwise WC was kinda episodic, this on the otherhand if its actually a story about the troll wars, it seems kinda odd even if it was a south seas expansion next.
    I enjoyed the book but most of our leaders were kinda absent in WoD. If this Troll Wars book is not relevant to whatever comes after Legion, it will be kinda just out there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I definitely don't mind things being out there. I'd love it if Blizzard just hired authors willy nilly to expand upon the lore all over the place. Like I'd love to read more about the Scarlet Crusade, like that disastrous failed expedition to Northrend. The early days of the crusade would be awesome to read about, since they had elves and dwarves among their ranks, that would be so cool. The Summertide Assaults, man, all that jazz.

And they also need to actually finish that story they were writing about Kael'thas that Blood of the Highborne was supposed to be, but wasn't, and then Micky Neilson left Blizzard, and the story is on hiatus now.

I really hope they would give some justice to Forest trolls. Show that they had every right to be against elves knowing their previous experiences. But my gut feeling tells me it's gonna be another elf+human wankfest.

And it would be nice to hear of prominent Troll heroes, because outside of Zul'Jin there isn't one big enough troll (forest) Hero. Hell, there aren't any troll heroes left that actually have more than few lines of description about themselves.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-05-09 at 04:55 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I really hope they would give some justice to Forest trolls show that they had every right to be against elves knowing their previous experiences. But my gut feeling tells me it's gonna be another elf+human wankfest.

And it would be nice to hear of prominent Troll heroes, because outside of Zul'Jin there isn't one big enough troll (forest) Hero. Hell there aren't any troll heroes left that actually have more than few lines of description about themselves.
    When the elves first showed up in Lordaeron, they had a fight with a group of trolls, and likely had some contact with trolls before the War of the Ancients as part of the night elves' empire, so they probably had no qualms about fighting them, and building Silvermoon on the ruins of an ancient troll city that was no longer populated. Both sides hate each other and think the other are less than human (but troll/elf).

I would very much like for this book to tell the story of the Troll Wars from the perspective of both the elves and humans, and the trolls. The same way they showed the orcs' perspective with Rise of the Horde, then (not really) the Last Guardian (it didn't even feel like much of a war going on in that, we hardly ever heard about it), and (much better) the Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal books. And Lord of the Clans.

If they can tell the story of the Troll Wars from both sides, that will make this book awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I really hope they would give some justice to Forest trolls. Show that they had every right to be against elves knowing their previous experiences. But my gut feeling tells me it's gonna be another elf+human wankfest.

And it would be nice to hear of prominent Troll heroes, because outside of Zul'Jin there isn't one big enough troll (forest) Hero. Hell, there aren't any troll heroes left that actually have more than few lines of description about themselves.
    Jintha was the leader of the Amani at the time of the war troll, was the last emperor was so important that Jintha'Alor is called that way in his honor.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Jintha

I would like to see in the future the Trolls Revantusk take complete control of jhinta alor

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    When the elves first showed up in Lordaeron, they had a fight with a group of trolls, and likely had some contact with trolls before the War of the Ancients as part of the night elves' empire, so they probably had no qualms about fighting them, and building Silvermoon on the ruins of an ancient troll city that was no longer populated. Both sides hate each other and think the other are less than human (but troll/elf).

I would very much like for this book to tell the story of the Troll Wars from the perspective of both the elves and humans, and the trolls. The same way they showed the orcs' perspective with Rise of the Horde, then (not really) the Last Guardian (it didn't even feel like much of a war going on in that, we hardly ever heard about it), and (much better) the Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal books. And Lord of the Clans.

If they can tell the story of the Troll Wars from both sides, that will make this book awesome.
    Trolls didn't invade anyone, it's the elves and humans that pushed further to their territory so of course they responded with agression. What is also important is that Forest trolls immediately recognised the bastards that previously waged wars with them.

In Chronicles it was stated that Azshara had deals with trolls, that she will leave them alone if trolls will stay within their borders. And some years laters those little fuckers returns and demand more land. AFTER taking already huge chunk of their lands before.

And lastly those were Amani sacred grounds. They had to protect them with zeal.

It's hard not to have sympathy with trolls in this case, because they were only protecting their home. Yet they were always portrayed as evil doers that had to be fought by principle.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-05-09 at 11:23 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Better hope things are mostly the same just more detail in how things went. I expect Troll wars to have a lot of troll lore but...not a *wankfest*
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

ah.. as i suspected, Troll novel, trolls are going to play a part in the next expansion, probably Zul'dazar, Azshara, the seas, the old gods.

I'm personally very hyped for this. About those wondering if Alleria will be in it, she won't. Neither her nor her mother were born yet during the Troll Wars. One of their ancestor Windrunners, can't remember his name, was the ranger general that crafted Thas'dorah.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    I'm personally very hyped for this. About those wondering if Alleria will be in it, she won't. Neither her nor her mother were born yet during the Troll Wars. One of their ancestor Windrunners, can't remember his name, was the ranger general that crafted Thas'dorah.
    talanas windrunner